Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

You asked abt my estimation-which is based on data coming of several organizations........
    Which organisations my friend? Do share, I would like to assess their objectivity

When you question the ethnic identity of someone whose family- since his great grandfathers before 200 years -self identified as Greeks
    Uh huh, there goes that confusion of yours again. Show me examples of where, 200 years ago (which would make it 1808 to be exact), several commoners in Morea refer to themselves by the name of 'Greek' or 'Hellene'?

Show me examples of the same prior to this time also.

Commoners referring to themselves as 'Greek' or 'Hellene' in early 1800's Morea? Lol. Perhaps you are again confusing these terms with the name of the 'Romans', you know, the name most Ottoman Christians used during that time due to their affiliation with the Patriarchate of Constantinople?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TerraNova
      Banned
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      Uh huh, there goes that confusion of yours again. Show me examples of where, 200 years ago (which would make it 1808 to be exact), several commoners in Morea refer to themselves by the name of 'Greek' or 'Hellene'?

Show me examples of the same prior to this time also.

Commoners referring to themselves as 'Greek' or 'Hellene' in early 1800's Morea? Lol. Perhaps you are again confusing these terms with the name of the 'Romans', you know, the name most Ottoman Christians used during that time due to their affiliation with the Patriarchate of Constantinople?

...."Romans" you mentioned are not some aliens.
      They are the Greek speaking Orthodox christians.
      Period.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

WRONG! They are not only a minority of Greek-speakers, they are also in majority Slavic-speakers, Vlach-speakers, Albanian-speakers and Turkish-speakers, DURING THAT PERIOD. Period.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TerraNova
          Banned
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          WRONG! They are not only a minority of Greek-speakers, they are also in majority Slavic-speakers, Vlach-speakers, Albanian-speakers and Turkish-speakers, DURING THAT PERIOD. Period.
          This is the seal of Skanderbeg-Georg Kastriotes.Now kept in Denmark.

ΒΑΣΙΛΕΥΣ.ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ.ΕΛΕΩ.ΘΥ. ΑΥΤ.ΡΩΜ.ΟΜΕΓ. ΑΥΘ.ΤΟΥΡ.ΑΛΒ. ΣΕΡΒΙ.ΒΟΥΛΓΑΡΙ.

Several words are abbreviated: King. Alexander. By the grace of God. Emperor of the Romans,the Great, Ruler of the Turks. Albanians. Serbs. Bulgarians.

Hm....I can see the people of the Balkans...
          Greeks,Turks,Albanians,Serbs,Bulgarians.

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
            This is the seal of Skanderbeg-Georg Kastriotes.Now kept in Denmark.

ΒΑΣΙΛΕΥΣ.ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ.ΕΛΕΩ.ΘΥ. ΑΥΤ.ΡΩΜ.ΟΜΕΓ. ΑΥΘ.ΤΟΥΡ.ΑΛΒ. ΣΕΡΒΙ.ΒΟΥΛΓΑΡΙ.

Several words are abbreviated: King. Alexander. By the grace of God. Emperor of the Romans,the Great, Ruler of the Turks. Albanians. Serbs. Bulgarians.

Hm....I can see the people of the Balkans...
            Greeks,Turks,Albanians,Serbs,Bulgarians.
            Greeks? Where did you read that?
            Romans, yes, Greeks, no.
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Isn't that seal viewed as a possible fabrication, appearing about 200 years after Skenderbeg had already perished? It isn't even contemporary if we are to accept its authenticity, nor is it historically accurate, as Skenderbeg never had an Empire, was never an Emperor, nor did he have imperial jurisdiction over Romans and/or Turks on such a level.

Comment

Working...
              X