NY Daily Tribune, Turkish constitution attended by Macedonians, 1908!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Metodija
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by toothpaste View Post
    So...help me to help you..
    You want to stick in the period 1903-1912 ,and ignore the rest?

A new thread is opened every time a controversial document (quiet rarely it's true..) is discovered that implies that a distinct Macedonian nation was there in early 1900's.
    Precious findings i must admit...
    Do you want to stick on every single of these 5...6..10?? documents ,and ignore thousands of others of the same period as well as millions since ancient,medieval or early modern era?

Thats ok.
    Even if it was a long time ago, almost 100 years, a country couldn't just start a war and occupy territory that didn't belong to it.

So Greece, Bulgaria and Serbia ran their propaganda trying to convince the great powers that they were not occupying but rather liberating their "own people".

But the thing is, only one document that proves that the ethnic Macedonians existed is enough. You see it is quite difficult to exterminate an ethnicity without leaving any traces.

Comment

• El Bre
      • Sep 2008

Did the peasantry of north Macedonia had an ethnic identity at all?
      There was a lack of significant middle class,a burgoise that would form the national identity from local traditions,together with the scholars.
      Your "theory" is flawed for exactly this reason. Tell me Zumbar, how does a peasant population with no little or no contact with each other, no scholars, no middle class and no common church to speak of, miraculously join together to form the Macedonian identity. We know thats how your's was formed out of a hotpotch of obviously non Greek peoples, but how did these super-farmers do it?

The handful of burgoises who would today be recognized as modern Macedonians' ancestors identified themselves mostly as Bulgarians.
      The whole Bulgarian angle is tired and played. It was a means to an end and nothing more. You can't fight for your independence with donkeys and shovels. YAWN!

Macedonian as a distinctive identity,was in fact,a product of the struggles between Sofia,Athens and Belgrade,you always blame ,and not a self-growing, isolated phenomenon.
      Oh that's right, I forgot that it was the Greek scholars who created the slav-Macedonian identity as a defense against Bulgaria, or was it Tito? It's all so "blurred".
      Last edited by El Bre; 09-19-2008, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• mbourdes
        Banned
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
        Oh that's right, I forgot that it was the Greek scholars who created the slav-Macedonian identity as a defense against Bulgaria, or was it Tito? It's all so "blurred".
        Tito had his agenda to be sure.

Comment

• El Bre
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mbourdes View Post
          Tito had his agenda to be sure.
          Yes he did. Tito took what already existed and tried to use it to his advantage. There's a huge difference between that and "Tito inventing Macedonians" as the all too familiar refrain goes.
          Last edited by El Bre; 09-20-2008, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• mbourdes
            Banned
            • Sep 2008

Yes he did. Tito took what already existed and tried to use it to his advantage. There's a huge difference between that and "Tito inventing Macedonians" as the all too familiar refrain goes.
            Theres more than enough info out there that dispels the myth of Tito inventing Macedonians.
            The people that refer to Titos creation, are referring to the concept of Macedonism and Macedontists.

As for Macedonians, we all agree that they have been around for thousands of years.

Comment

• El Bre
              • Sep 2008

The people that refer to Titos creation, are referring to the concept of Macedonism and Macedontists.
              And is this accurate in your opinion?

Comment

• makedonin
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mbourdes View Post
                And this people are also wrong, since the Macedonists were sore problem of the Bulgarian Exarchists while Tito have shit his pants.

For that you can refer to the Bulgarian Exarchist Slaveykov where he cries:

We have many times heard from the Macedonists that they are not Bulgarians but Macedonians, descendants of the Ancient Macedonians...

General Slaveykov Info

So who are this Macedonists in 1871? Tito was pissing his pants while this Macedonists were fighting the Exarchat as well the Patriarchat and claimed to be Macedonians.

Tito even suppressed this Macedonism of ours to make us "pure South Slavs".
                To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• El Bre
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
                  And this people are also wrong, since the Macedonists were sore problem of the Bulgarian Exarchists while Tito have shit his pants.

For that you can refer to the Bulgarian Exarchist Slaveykov where he cries:

We have many times heard from the Macedonists that they are not Bulgarians but Macedonians, descendants of the Ancient Macedonians...

General Slaveykov Info

So who are this Macedonists in 1871? Tito was pissing his pants while this Macedonists were fighting the Exarchat as well the Patriarchat and claimed to be Macedonians.

Tito even suppressed this Macedonism of ours to make us "pure South Slavs".
                  Actually Makedonin, I have to correct you, Tito wasn't born until 1892 which means it was Tito's father that was having a shit in his pants.
                  Last edited by El Bre; 09-20-2008, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• makedonin
                    • Sep 2008

Actually Makedonin, I have to correct you, Tito wasn't born until 1892 which means it was Tito's father that was having a shit in his pants.
                    thanx for the info, I acctually never was interested when Tito was born, it is good to know that Macedonists existed way before he was born
                    To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Pelister
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
                      A Britan Philhellene onece concluded:

IN THE BALKANS.; A Trip Through Macedonia -- The Land of Strife. April 18, 1903, Saturday

THE POINT:

....ROMANIAN SERVIAN AND BULGARIAN AGENTS ARE ALL SCRAMBLING FOR THE APPROPRIATION OF THESE ERRING SPIRITS, WHILE LEARNED PROFESSORS AT ST. PETERSBURG AND BUCHAREST, BELGRADE AND SOFIA ARE BUSY MANUFACTURING GENEALOGICAL TREES AND NATIONAL APPELATIONS FOR ALL AND SUNDRY OF THESE BEWILDERING APOSTLES OF EMANCIPATION...
                      Thanks Makedonin.

I am astonished, even though I had known that that was exactly what they were doing.

It kind of sets the stage for the next century.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                        • Jan 2009

Toothbrusher toothbrusher what can I say. You still think that Christopher Columbus was an ethnic "greek" I love it. Cristoforos Columbis Well it appears Macedonians were present and were asking for something they are asking of todays modern "greece". Basic human rights.
                        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Pelister
                          • Sep 2008

Nice one T.M.

It seems not much has changed. We're still fighting for our rights.

Comment

Working...
                          X