1. History: Andrew Rossos: Macedonia and the Macedonians (2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

The representative of the country that made homosexuality fashionable is gone. As far as I know, he holds the record for longest serving fascist on the forum. That's an achievement and he should be proud.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Constellation
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
      Actually, it was because they never dominated the whole area for the whole time. What they achieved, as it usually happens in History, was circumstantial. Leaving aside the controversy about antiquity, there's no historical reference that a separate Macedonian or Thracian language existed by the time Slavs arrived. I'm not sure what "Illyrian language" would refer to, either.
      I see, Well, first, what little remains of the Macedonian language, which you deny was a separate language, is not believed to be Greek, not by all scholars at least. The only reason some think it was Greek is because they read their version of history into ancient history, and by that I mean, the glorification of Greeks, and that the ancient Macedonians could only have been Greek. Moreover, we do have historic records from the 1500s that speak of a Macedonian ethnicity and there is even a Macedonian lexicon, which is strange why Slavs who settled in the Balkans would decide to take up the ethnic name of the conquered people instead of remaining Slavs. Or maybe it was just a geographical title?

And second, ignoring the issue of politics, based on hard scientific evidence, which is the only accurate and credible evidence we have, today's Greeks in HLA are not part of the older Mediterranean family, and based on iGENEA are more Slavic than the people of Macedonia and Bulgaria. And according to all studies, the ethnic composition of Greeks is fairly similar to Macedonians, except for the Ethiopian HLA admixture.

So based on this hard evidence, I find it strange that the invading Slavs, who mixed fairly evenly in Macedonia, Bulgaria, and Greece, somehow only today's Greeks are pure Greeks, descendants of ancient Greeks, whereas the Slavic speaking populations of Macedonia and Bulgaria are Slavs, descendant of Slavic tribes.

This is a puerile understanding of ancient and modern history, and the Greeks and their supporters exemplify this more than anyone else.

Mr. Rossos appears to be naive in some respects, and ignorant in others. But his writings matter little, for they are his opinions, and regardless of whether the Macedonian government accepts them or not, also matters little, for we have scientific and historic evidence which contradicts the claims of the Greek state.

Comment

• Constellation
        • Jul 2014

I might add that the problem with the Greek state and the Greeks in general is the smug appearance about them, this heir of superiority of their people and their culture. But everyday, little by little, the lies of the Greek state are uncovered, and the lies and ignorance of Western academy for hundreds of years is also being unveiled. I long for the day when the Greeks and their supporters are humbled.

The Greek state is already under the judgement of God. Suicides, depression, poverty, bigotry, and racism define the modern Greek state, desperately clinging to ancient history and their islands for revenue.

One day this "Greek exceptionalism" theory will fall. One day, the world will learn who Greeks are, what their real history is, and their lies. The artificial nature of the modern Greek state will be razed.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
          As far as I know, he holds the record for longest serving fascist on the forum.
          I thought Voltron lasted longer...
          ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
          ― George Orwell

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
            I thought Voltron lasted longer...
            Maybe he did - I think he was before I started keeping track...
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

S i think voltron holds multiple accounts.He tried to masquerade as one of the turk members.He had similar dns footprint.Perhaps he's come back one of the jokers around.I think they got nothing to do as one of their malaka sites is down..???They can only be tracked that's he best anyone can do.
              Con as for the greeks despoud think the eu membership should straighten them out?But no,
              i don't think no amount of humbling will change them they have been brainwashed for years.They are taught in schools to hate the skopijans that all the skopijans want is their land back.In other words keep on persecuting and destruction of what is macedonian.YOu got the ugliness of emerging new identity of what they call greek macedonian.WE all know that has no meaning to us but they claim that they have a greek macedonian people.AS far as i'm concerned the greeks will not change they are rotten to the core.You look at the modus operandi of their politicians and their claim to nationalism and greek nationalism is spiraling out of control being manipulated for maximum effect.This takes an immense toll on our macedonian indigenous people of the aegean,they are still persecuted by the greek state.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
              X