X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Romans 10:9 - 11
    If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
    I haven't been following the other threads relating to religion too closely so you may have already touched on this point during previous discussions, but does the above passage also include people that are unjust and/or commit terrible crimes?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

jesus is able to forgive any sin committed by man on man.Even murder if only they repent of their sin.
      I think the thing that is blasphaeming agains't god,like on the holy spirit it is questionable
      whether it can be forgiven to commit sins about god..
      Last edited by George S.; 06-23-2013, 09:06 PM.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

I can't believe we are up to the 4th page on a thread started by a troll?
        My initial comments stand out further than previously, "...troll, piss off" considering no response has been received since the commencement of the thread. Furthermore I request that the admins dispose of this thread and put it where it belongs.......in the rubbish bin!
        We have far more important issues to be discussing!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          I haven't been following the other threads relating to religion too closely so you may have already touched on this point during previous discussions, but does the above passage also include people that are unjust and/or commit terrible crimes?
          Everyone is unjust and commits terrible crimes. If you look at the ten commandments (and their further explanations throughout the Bible) you'll see that everyone is guilty of breaking them all. That is why we need Jesus (God). He paid the punishment for our sins when he was crucified. When you believe in Jesus and trust him and repent (genuinely realise your moral condition and ask for forgiveness from God, not some priest) then your salvation is assured. This is the message of the Bible.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
            jesus is able to forgive any sin committed by man on man.Even murder if only they repent of their sin.
            I think the thing that is blasphaeming agains't god,like on the holy spirit it is questionable
            whether it can be forgiven to commit sins about god..
            George,

The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, which is known as the 'unpardonable sin', is the state of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in unbelief. Conitual rejection of the Holy Spirit's promptings to trust in Jesus is the unpardonable blasphemy against Him. Basically, it means that if you don't put your faith in Christ while you are alive, its too late afterwards.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
              I can't believe we are up to the 4th page on a thread started by a troll?
              My initial comments stand out further than previously, "...troll, piss off" considering no response has been received since the commencement of the thread. Furthermore I request that the admins dispose of this thread and put it where it belongs.......in the rubbish bin!
              We have far more important issues to be discussing!
              There's a simple solution that I tell everyone who has a problem with a particular thread - don't read it.

Comment

• makedonche
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                There's a simple solution that I tell everyone who has a problem with a particular thread - don't read it.
                There's an even simpler solution to trolling....get rid of the thread!
                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

i dont mind this thread.THe whole purpose of the message,is beleif in jesus christ,If you beleive in jesus you also beleive in god.People will get a chance in this life & the life to come.The gift of god is eternal life.Life in abundance & meanig.For god so loved the world man that he gave his only begotten sun jesus that they might have everlasying life.Being of the spirit we will partakw in the god family.Think about the glorious future awaits mankind.This life pales into insignificance.The future of man is to be god eventually .Nothing will be restrained man will know gods plan & it will come to fruition.In the end it is actually god doing his thing not that man sezerves it Also that god is love god loives us & is a compassionate god.God also want's man to trust him as to what he'll do.
                  I reckon keep this thread alive.
                  Last edited by George S.; 06-24-2013, 01:43 AM.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                    There's an even simpler solution to trolling....get rid of the thread!
                    I don't see anything that would constitute 'trolling'. He posted one post. You didn't like it. He hasn't come back. The rest of us have continued the discussion on our own terms. Its as simple as that.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Everyone is unjust and commits terrible crimes. If you look at the ten commandments (and their further explanations throughout the Bible) you'll see that everyone is guilty of breaking them all.
                      That's not correct, as not everybody commits terrible crimes and most people aren't guilty of breaking all of the commandments (for example, not everybody has killed).
                      When you believe in Jesus and trust him and repent (genuinely realise your moral condition and ask for forgiveness from God, not some priest) then your salvation is assured. This is the message of the Bible.
                      Would a serial killer be assured of salvation just because they ask (genuinely, in their own mind) for forgiveness after each crime? Is it that simple? Can a line be drawn at any point?
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

That's not correct, as not everybody commits terrible crimes and most people aren't guilty of breaking all of the commandments (for example, not everybody has killed).
                        The Bible makes it clear that if you are guilty of breaking one commandment you are guilty of breaking them all. There are always some commandments that people are relatively ok with, but still guilty of breaking. As far as murder is concerned, Jesus elaborated on it when he said that even if you have hated someone you are guilty of murder as hate is the seed that leads to that particular sin. Another example is adultery. While you may have never slept with another man's wife, you've certainly lusted over another woman in your lifetime. By lusting, you have already committed adultery.

There are holy standards that God has set. Noone has or ever will meet them. That's why he paid the punishment on the cross for us. If we were to be fair, we would all go straight to hell and not pass go to collect $200. So I wouldn't look at fairness or what anyone else is up to, worry about where you are and what Jesus is calling you to do - and that is put your faith in him. He wants you to hang out with him for eternity and putting your faith in Him is the only way.

Keep in mind this - all nations have a place in Gods kingdom (heaven) - this must include Macedonia as well -, but all nations will also have members in hell who refused to accept Jesus. Lets all try to make it to the right side of the divide.
                        I saw no temple in the city, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light. 24 The nations will walk in its light, and the kings of the world will enter the city in all their glory. 25 Its gates will never be closed at the end of day because there is no night there. 26 And all the nations will bring their glory and honor into the city.

Revelation 21:22-26
                        And people will come from all over the world - from east and west, north and south - to take their places in the Kingdom of God.

Luke 13:29
                        Would a serial killer be assured of salvation just because they ask (genuinely, in their own mind) for forgiveness after each crime? Is it that simple?
                        I don't think that's salvation. While only God can know what's in someone's heart, I highly doubt that someone who continues to murder people has genuinely come to Christ. There are people who think they have accepted Jesus and say they have but continue to live as they did before that. That's a sign that you're probably lying to yourself. While people will always sin, you should be able to see a change in their lives if they actually believe that God exists, that Jesus died on the cross to pay for our sins and have repented and put their faith in Him. They will not want to sin, they will accept that sin is morally wrong and start turning their lives around. But to continue living contrary to God, particularly in such a dramatic way such as serial killing, you have to ask how genuinely they repented of their sins and accepted Jesus.

Its kind of like believing that gravity exists. If someone believes that gravity exits, they won't jump off a tall building because they know it will kill them. But, if someone says they believe in gravity but still go and jump off a tall building then they obviously they don't really believe in the existence of gravity. Everyone should examine themselves to see whether their lifestyle matches what they think they believe - its the ultimate test to see whether you actually believe something or not.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

the only time there is salvation is exactly as jesus is the first born amongs't many brethern in their appropriate time,Born again means coming back to life not as flesh but as a holy spirit that is to have god's holy spirit to dwell in you.you will be spirit,you will live forever.You won't be material like flesh & blood.So jesus is the only one to be born of the spirit.We need to be born again.What is mean't by salvation is to be saved by believing in jesus christ & thus sumbmitting to god.We will partake once born again of gods way of life spirit etc love etc.BUT it is only through his son jesus that we should follow he is shepherd & we are like sheep.So we are blessed if we keepo gods comandments,cursed if we don't.Jesus is the key to our salvation.
                          Last edited by George S.; 06-24-2013, 06:12 AM.
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

on the situation of punishment god we are told is a loving father & jesus is gods son & only wants what is best for us.You imagine the love of a human well try & imagine the immense love of a god the creator of the universe.Do you think that god is not affected when man commits grave sin or mortal sin.Remember when god saw what he made man in hisimage & he looke out & saw mans evil nature it says IT BROKE GODS HEART.For he said he was sorry that he created man as his ways were allways evil.God after all is said & done god has provided for man to get a chance.After that chance there are a couple of other opportunities.It proves god is a loving god he doesn't give up on man.There is a great hope for man.It all comes from this life not fully grasping what god is,who he is,his love.who really jesus is.What is faith & salvation etc.
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

if we don't know the divine plan how else are we to survive?
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
                                • Oct 2008

I don't see anything that would constitute 'trolling'. He posted one post. You didn't like it. He hasn't come back. The rest of us have continued the discussion on our own terms. Its as simple as that.
                                Vangelovski
                                Take your rose coloured glasses off and have another look!
                                Definition according to Oxford Dictionary;-
                                : noun

1 informal a deliberately provocative online posting intended to incite an angry response.
                                a person who submits a deliberately provocative posting:"

It's one thing to commence a thread for the purposes of discussion and interaction, it's another thing to make a post and then not engage or respond to peoples request for information or clarification, hence "troll",
                                now can you see it?

Comment

Working...
                                X