Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelagonija
    • Mar 2017

What’s great is that initially it was voted in as a simple majority.

Now they snuck it in. does anyone know if it was on the agenda this time around?

Comment

• Albo
      • May 2014

Can someone please explain to me how local governments where Albanians make up less than 20% "Will be forced" to make Albanian official?

Where is this stated in the law?

It would avoid cases like this:
      Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
      Last edited by Albo; 01-14-2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Albo View Post
        That was some of the slowest writing I have ever seen. Albo, surely you accept Albanians can't be trusted to tell the truth about anything.

Funny story, a client of mine is a very senior detective and advised me that the worst criminal element in my part of Australia is comprised of Albanians. Why is that Albo? It seems they are either famous singers or criminals.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Albo
          • May 2014

Albo, surely you accept Albanians can't be trusted to tell the truth about anything.*
          Oh yes .. absolutely.. we have a special genetic disorder that other people fortunately don't possess

Funny story, a client of mine is a very senior detective and advised me that the worst criminal element in my part of Australia is comprised of Albanians. Why is that Albo? It seems they are either famous singers or criminals.
          Oh that's easy to answer.. when we actually decided to do something, we either do it well or don't bother at all! :-p

As for the famous singers.. tell me another nationality that has

Rita Ora
          Dua Lipa
          Bebe Rexha
          Era Istrefi

and the latest world chart topper
          Ava Max

Amanda Ava Koci was born on February 16, 1993, in Wisconsin to*Albanian*immigrants from*Sarandë*and*Tirana.[4][3][5]*

5 singers in the world charts consistently is pretty decent I'd say..

I can't think of any other worldwide famous artists from the Balkans since George Michael and Peter Andre :-p

We are doin ok for a bunch of backward, terrorist, criminal mountain goat herders I think!
          Last edited by Albo; 01-15-2019, 04:44 AM.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
            • Oct 2011

Oh yes .. absolutely.. we have a special genetic disorder that other people fortunately don't possess

Oh that's easy to answer.. when we actually decided to do something, we either do it well or don't bother at all! :-p

As for the famous singers.. tell me another nationality that has

Rita Ora
            Dua Lipa
            Bebe Rexha
            Era Istrefi

and the latest world chart topper
            Ava Max

Amanda Ava Koci was born on February 16, 1993, in Wisconsin to*Albanian*immigrants from*Sarandë*and*Tirana.[4][3][5]*

5 singers in the world charts consistently is pretty decent I'd say..

I can't think of any other worldwide famous artists from the Balkans since George Michael and Peter Andre :-p

We are doin ok for a bunch of backward, terrorist, criminal mountain goat herders I think!
            Yeah it’s a pretty strong case that the Albanian mafia has infiltrated the American entertainment business, much like how African American organised crime gangs infiltrated it in the 90’s. There’s plenty of money to be made if you got the capital to buy in.
            “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Albo
              • May 2014

Oh but of course Albanians can't possibly be talented.. it must be the mafia getting them in .. how did the world miss this!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

I agree entirely!
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                  • Oct 2011

Oh but of course Albanians can't possibly be talented.. it must be the mafia getting them in .. how did the world miss this!
                  The fact that you tried to link modern pop with musical talent is beyond laughable, but yeah you’re right, Albanians have been renowned throughout Europe for their natural musical talents for hundreds of years. It’s the biggest reputation they have. Ask any German, Frenchman, Englishman, Italian, Spaniard, Swede etc what’s the first thing that comes to mind when they think of Albanians, and they will all unanimously answer the most talented musical people in the world... I mean even the Chinese, Japanese and Indians know this, just think of all those Albanian classical artists like...
                  Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 01-15-2019, 06:17 AM.
                  “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Pelagonija
                    • Mar 2017

Artan Grubi reckons VMRO should be the first to use Albanian for dual naming purposes...

Apparently inspectors will monitor this shit hehe

Comment

• vicsinad
                      • May 2011

You got singers. Italians have singers. Macedonians have hockey stars. Russians have hockey stars. So? The Albanian criminal ring is extensive, Macedonians crime in Diaspora is generally limited to petty crap.

Albanians have such a bad reputation in the Detroit area that a young man who murdered his entire family in 2003 just down the street from where I grew up brought a defense into court that he owed Albanian drug dealers money and when he didn't pay up they murdered his family as a consequence.

From a July 18, 2003 Detroit Free Press:

Andrew Ross changed his story two days after his first interview and blamed the crime on three Albanian men who drugged him and forced him to watch as they shot his family.
                      Albo, that's pathetic. But you know how most of the Albanians around Detroit react to that news? They pride themselves in having that reputation.

Comment

• Albo
                        • May 2014

The fact that you tried to link modern pop with musical talent is beyond laughable
                        Ok...so they sing pop, they must have zero talent.. it's gotta be that mafia $$$

They must have purchased Dua Lipas albums making her album the only female artist to have enough sales to put her in the top 10 most selling albums in the world.

What about opera? Do you need talent for that?

You probably don't know these people but those who follow opera know they are..

INVA MULA

Inva Mula*(born June 27, 1963) is an Albanian opera*lyric soprano. She began her soprano career at a very early age. Her father (Avni Mula) and mother (Nina Mula) were also opera singers. She is also known for providing the voice of the diva Plavalaguna in the film*The Fifth Element.

ERMONELA JAHO

Ermonela Jaho*is an*Albanian*soprano.[1]*She has been described by*The Economist*as "the world’s most acclaimed soprano".

[2]*Financial Times writes "Ermonela Jaho throws heart and soul into her singing... Don't even try to resist".[3]

The Guardian calls her "one of the great verismo interpreters".[4]*and on another article "Ermonela Jaho triumphs in Madama Butterfly".[5]

A couple for the Australians in the forum!

SAMI PIRGU

Pirgu made his debut with*Opera Australia*in 2017 as Shepherd in*Szymanowski's*King Roger*at the*Sydney Opera House.[4]

AGIM HUSHI

He then sang in the same opera for*Opera Australia. Some critics compared him to the legendary tenor Beniamino Gigli.

But hang on..that shifty Albanian mafia has spread its tentacles to the opera world - making those untalented Albanians heard !!

Comment

• sydney
                          • Sep 2008

Albo leads 2:1 (you must concede for the crime)

Comment

• Albo
                            • May 2014

Quote:

Andrew Ross changed his story two days after his first interview and blamed the crime on three Albanian men who drugged him and forced him to watch as they shot his family.

Albo, that's pathetic.*
                            Yes I agree its Pathetic..
                            But it's no true reflection of the majority of Albanians not only in Detroit (who are mostly known for being restaurant owners) but all Albanians in general.. a crime is a crime.. it has no nationality.. and I'd personally never blame a whole race of people for an individuals act of criminality as many are doing here!

Just look at all these Albanians in detroit - They all look like criminals to you?

Comment

• vicsinad
                              • May 2011

Yes I agree its Pathetic..
                              But it's no true reflection of the majority of Albanians not only in Detroit (who are mostly known for being restaurant owners) but all Albanians in general.. a crime is a crime.. it has no nationality.. and I'd personally never blame a whole race of people for an individuals act of criminality as many are doing here!

Just look at all these Albanians in detroit - They all look like criminals to you?

https://youtu.be/EBuz2yTWeag
                              What are you on about? Who said that all -- or even the majority -- of Albanians were criminals? I was speaking about the reputation they have received because of the criminal activity of many Albanians. In proportion to other ethnic groups, especially other Balkan ethnic groups in Detroit, they partake in crime, and especially organized crime, on a much greater scale. This is a fact. Of course they don't represent all or most Albanians. However, there is enough of them to reflect poorly on the Albanian people in Detroit, and Macedonians, Serbs, Croats, Romanians, Bosnians and Greeks in Detroit don't have that reputation. At all. The sad thing is that even many Albanians (most that I know/knew) in Detroit area who are not criminals revel in that reputation.

Most Albanians in Detroit area are decent people -- many are hardworking and some that I knew were exceptionally brilliant and kind. For example, I was friends with Masiela Lusha (I'm sure you know who she is based on your extensive knowledge of Albanians in the entertainment industry) in middle school. Great girl who is doing wonderful things for herself and society, that last I heard. What a pleasure the world would be if most people, not just Albanians, were more like her.

However, even outside the organized crime arena, there is one problem that even the police in Detroit have recognized: Albanians don't solve problems within the American justice system, they solve problems within their communities. They operate outside the law and justice system to solve issues.

It doesn't help that, in the span of three years, Albanian thugs murdered two police officers in separate occasions, and in a third occasion threw grenades at a police station. As soon as the police are onto their criminal networks, the Albanians instantly go to war with them.

Or how about this instance, where hundreds of Albanians brawled with seven...let me repeat that... SEVEN different police departments because, at an Albanian concert, the hall was at nearly twice its capacity (at 2,000 people) and the police were trying to ensure the safety of people by asking people to move cars and go home because the hall was overflowing.

Read Berishaj v. City of Warren, Case Number: 04-70998, Case Number: 05-71476, see flags on bad law, and search Casetext’s comprehensive legal database

Some highlights: Police "estimate that there were ultimately about 2000 patrons on the premises, and they describe the crowd as hostile and the scene as a 'near riot." Police reported that a large crowd was chanting: "Fuck you, come and get us, fucking cops." Of course, after the fight and 14 Albanians were arrested, the Albanians sued the cops for discrimination and police abuse (a familiar theme...one time at my school Albanians beat the crap out of a kid putting him into a hospital and thus the Albanians were expelled, and the Albanians brought lawyers to the school claiming discrimination, and the kids were let back into school). This case was a civil case and the Albanians claimed a whole lot of police abuse and discrimination. Still, in criminal court, many of the Albanians were convicted by jury or judge for inciting a riot and resisting/obstructing police, or pled guilty.

This is what Albanians are known for in metro-Detroit, like it or not. If they want to change how they're perceived, then they need to, as a group, change how they act and interact with others in society. Plain and simple. The majority of the good, law-abiding Albanians need to rein in they're fellow Albanians if they want the Albanian reputation to improve.

Until then, this is what you have to live with.
                              Last edited by vicsinad; 01-15-2019, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Gocka
                                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post

This is what Albanians are known for in metro-Detroit, like it or not. If they want to change how they're perceived, then they need to, as a group, change how they act and interact with others in society. Plain and simple. The majority of the good, law-abiding Albanians need to rein in they're fellow Albanians if they want the Albanian reputation to improve.

Until then, this is what you have to live with.
                                Very well said Vic. I was going to chime in with basically the same sentiment but you beat me to it.

The reputation of Albanians is the same everywhere that I've been. This is not dissimilar to the gangster culture that gripped black communities in the 80's and 90's and to an extent today.

Even when Albanians don't participate directly in criminal activity there is this communal acceptance of it, and especially with younger people a glorification of it.

Its strange because of all the Balkan communities that live abroad, Albanians are the only ones who have taken up this "gangster" culture that is typically associated with the Black and Hispanic communities. I'm not just talking about Albanians who are involved in crime I'm talking about the fact that most Albanians listen to rap music, dress in "ghetto" clothing, etc. They basically mimic black gangster culture. No other Balkan group or for that matter no other European group of immigrants acts in the same manner.

The only explanation for why as an ethnic group they mimic that type of culture, is because just as in the black community, it stems from the criminal enclaves within their communities. To deny this is simply delusional.

Comment

Working...
                                X