Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osiris
    • Sep 2008

are you sure prolet this initiative smacks of your touch and drive, dont be shy to take credit when it due.

Comment

• fyrOM
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

Tito (spit) played east against west for 30 odd years until his death. If the eu wont have us its time to turn to other quarters to remind them its not eu or nothing. Also see Prolets thread China donated computer equipment worth EU300000. Go China.

Chinese invest $ 10 billion in Belarus

Minsk, March 27 (Reuters) - Belarus can provide Chinese investment of more than 10 billion dollars for several projects in several industrial sectors, including automotive, electrical and sugar, spokesman of the Government of Belarus Alexander Timoshenko.
      "This is absolutely realistic plans that can be implemented in the following three to four years," said the spokesman.
      He spoke at the meeting of the Chinese vice president Gjinping Sign in Minsk.
      Tymoshenko said that the total amount of Chinese investment in the economy of Belarus may reach up to 15.7 billion dollars, including a credit line of 5.7 billion, agreed in December.
      Tymoshenko said that Belarus and China will cooperate on 89 projects, including construction of car factories, sugar refineries, rehabilitation of several power plants and the creation of a Chinese quarter in Minsk.

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

Don’t laugh. When I was there I saw chicken pieces being sold in the middle of Prilep laid out on a plank raised 30cm on some blocks covered by clear plastic to keep the flies off in the sun. if this doesn’t say third world what does.

Comment

• fyrOM
          Banned
          • Feb 2010

This should have been first then the above post.

PS Another benefit from Chinese investment is Macedonia might also get some good Chinese restaurants and make it worthwhile going to Macedonia longer than a week or two.

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

Gazprom agrees to make Macedonia part of South Stream

The Gazprom press service told the ITAR-TASS news agency that the Russian energy holding has agreed to make Macedonia part of the South Stream gas-transporting system.

This will enable Macedonia to buy the fuel more cheaply, said the Macedonian President Gjorge Ivanov during his talks with his Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev in the framework of the ongoing Economic Forum in St. Petersburg on Friday.

South Stream is due to diversify Russia’s gas supplies to Europe, and it will be laid across the Baltic Seabed to Varna, Bulgaria, and then across Serbia, Hungary and Slovenia to Italy and Austria.

The gas pipeline is due to be commissioned in December 2015. Investment in the project is estimated to make up 25 billion Euros
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• fyrOM
              Banned
              • Feb 2010

Excellent news. Not only securing cheaper fuel but I would think their would be royalties down the road and one other income stream not directly dependent on the eu. The presedent and the prime minister are doing their job.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

I like the idea of playing off Russia vs EU vs USA so this is a good thing. I much prefer Macedonia to be self sufficient for their energy requirements but we cannot have everything.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• fyrOM
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2010

One step Macedonia could take to that end RTG would be to harnest wind turbines particularly along the
                  Varda river where there is said to be near constant flow of air. Also we have an abundance of water . It is a pity the Slovenians are building or built 30 mini hydroelectric stations and as part of the deal will be running them. Somethings should just be ours.

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                    • May 2010

Gazprom has a notorious history for using its supply of energy to exert political pressure on governments. I don't trust Russians any more then any other superpower nation. From what I understand Macedonia is sorely lacking in electricity and is forced to import a tremendous amount of power. Investments to build a nuclear power facility would be in the billions.

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Mr Brandy, Why wouldnt they? When 75% of the gas is owned by them do you think its right for somebody to blackmail them? They dont attack half the world then criticize others for defending their country. Do you think its right for USA to invade the middle east yet the Russians cant defend themselves from Chechen Terrorists on their home soil? We are no threat to the Russians in anyway, the most they expect from us is not to stab them in the back nothing more.

We wont be in their way, this is a massive project for us and we need more of these energy projects. The Solar power energy aswell as the veternici will bring more then enough energy for our country.
                      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

Here is the footage from Sitel

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                          Mr Brandy, Why wouldnt they? When 75% of the gas is owned by them do you think its right for somebody to blackmail them? They dont attack half the world then criticize others for defending their country. Do you think its right for USA to invade the middle east yet the Russians cant defend themselves from Chechen Terrorists on their home soil? We are no threat to the Russians in anyway, the most they expect from us is not to stab them in the back nothing more.

We wont be in their way, this is a massive project for us and we need more of these energy projects. The Solar power energy aswell as the veternici will bring more then enough energy for our country.
                          Prolet - satisfying Macedonia's energy needs will be a massive problem going forward espcecially if it has any hopes of economic growth. Solar energy and wind energy are great intiatives but will not come close to satisfying the demand.

When I raise suspiscions about Russians its not necessarily from a Macedonian point of view but from a Canadian one. I am not endorsing USA here just saying that the Russians are just as ruthless and play by their own set of rules. The Russian system or lack of is very corrupt.

Can you just imagine the environmental concerns. Are you confident that between Gazprom and the Macedonian Government that proper assessments will be carried out - I'm not. Canadian resource companies are about as squeaky clean as the come however even they are being accused of poisoning the rivers and destroying habitiat around the world. Gazprom plowing through fields and under/over rivers and streams does not give exactly give me a warm and fuzzy feeling but it might be considered a necessary evil.

I raise this here because it's consistent with the general soverignty concerns that are being raised with respect to the name issue, open borders, minority issues etc. I know Macedonian doesn't have a choice but to play ball with these corporations however the relationships it has with anyone country or corporation has to be looked at at with a more critical eye. I don't share the view that the Russians are our good friends showing up to help us out - they are strictly pursuing corporate interests.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                            • Apr 2010

Does Chernoble ring a bell
                            Makedoncite se borat
                            za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                            - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                              Does Chernoble ring a bell
                              Makedonetz - I couldn't agree with you more - the thought of nuclear technology being run by the balkan version of Homer Simpson scares the crap out of me. I'm not an expert as to what all the options are (hopefully there's better ones ) however whatever it is there will be billions and billions of Euro's to build.

There is much talk in other threads of not accepting subservience however our lack of homegrown energy solutions does make us a vassal state. The energy infrastructure of Macedonia will be a key element to its growth and ability to attract investment ie. Johnson Controls, Johnson Mathey etc. Dont' get me wrong - Macedonia is one of many countries that this pipeline will go through and its probably better that we are playing ball rather then not - I would probably just view it with some cautious optimism.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                                • Apr 2010

When Nuclear is involved many things come to mind that can be made into bad than good. Yes Nuclear can be a good investment in energy but the cons and people who might controll it is the scary part because in the end everything they do is to get one step closer to being domenent in the world economy. Your right this pipeline will bring in cash flow for the republic but what im concerned is the ramifications we are going to see in who controls the flow of oil and how they can make $$ off of it. From the schematics it appears Macedonia is the last country this pipeline will come to? We are going to get taxed to death in prices as the middle man becomes Serbia, Bulgaria, etc.
                                Renewable resources are the key, we need investment in these areas so we can show the European Union we are a force to be reckon with and dont need Daddy USA, Britian or anyone else to hold our hands as we have been through hell since we first set foot on this earth and we need to helps ourselves and nobody else.
                                Makedoncite se borat
                                za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                                - Goce Delchev

Comment

Working...
                                X