• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
    Map of Macedonia printed in 1872 in Athens

Yeah I've seen this one do the rounds on social media recently. Few people drew attention to the naming of Greece in this image which doesn't seem to say 'Ellada' or at least not clearly.
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Amphipolis
      Banned
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
      Yeah I've seen this one do the rounds on social media recently. Few people drew attention to the naming of Greece in this image which doesn't seem to say 'Ellada' or at least not clearly.
      It does say "Ellada" but this can't be from 1872. Thessaly became Greece only in 1888 and this looks like the Albanian and Bulgarian borders after the First Balkan War. The fonts are also rather modern.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This was published here:
      Зошто се крие вистината за Македонија!?

Comment

• CaptainAwesome
        • Jun 2018

Is the above map with Macedonia on it fake? We need to know the origins of it.

Comment

• Karposh
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by CaptainAwesome View Post
          Is the above map with Macedonia on it fake? We need to know the origins of it.
          It's fake. Amphipolis was right about Thessaly but my first clue was the division lines around Lake Ohrid and Prespa. I'm not entirely certain but the small chunk of territory surrounding the western sides of Lake Ohrid and Prespa didn't end up as part of Albania until sometime in the early 1920's.

Comment

Working...
          X