Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > News and Politics

View Poll Results: ....
........ 0 0%
...... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #21
Prolet

Prolet is on a distinguished road

The Italian Pension pays peanuts if the person has 2 years working experience as a tax payer, if he was worked for 20+ years then he is looking at a much bigger cut. The Macedonian Pension system is the same as anywhere else in Europe, you get a pension at 64 years of age. The problem with Australia is that it doesnt have a pension it has Social Security, because even if you dont work a day in your life you are still entitled to a pension but thats not the point.

The fact that as an Australian Tax Payer you should be able to receive a pension regardless of weather you are rich or poor, if you have payed taxes for decades you must be entitled to a pension.

There are cases where people get multiple pensions, if they've lived and worked in other countries citizens are entitled to a Pension, in Australia that wont be possible they will have to choose which pension they want which is a joke. My Uncle for example worked in a Slovenian Company whos head quarters were in Ljubljana for 25 years once YU broke up the firm closed its outlets in Macedonia and all of YU and only kept their offices in Slovenia. When he goes into retirement he is entitled to a full pension from Slovenia aswell as a full pension from Macedonia.

Im not exactly sure about the age limit in Australia being lifted to 69, however it is disappointing how our pensioners will be forced to sign off their properties to somebody else aswell as choosing their pension when infact they are eligible to take both of them like it is anywhere else in Europe.
Prolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #22
The LION will ROAR

The LION will ROAR is on a distinguished road

Changing the name (ownership) of a house say to your kids...
It takes 5 years after till you are entitled to the pension..
Old 10-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #23
Dzog

Dzog is on a distinguished road

The point of pensions should be to guard against poverty for elderly people, not the repayment of tax. In any case, most of the pension systems around the world require contributions from the taxpayer from their income. Australia has the same in the compulsory Superannuation contributions (although this is not a pension, per se) AND a means tested Government pension. In my opinion, if you own five houses when you're over 65 then you don't need the pension.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:01 AM   #24
Prolet

Dzog, Its not about what you think is enough for somebody weather its 5 houses 10 houses or whatever. Its about what you are entitled and what you have worked for, in Macedonia if you have worked for 30 years and payed taxes even if you have 10 houses and 5 buildings under your name you are still entitled to a pension not because somebody believes you deserve it or not but because its yours.

The Australian Government does all it can so it doesnt have to pay you what you are entitled to whats yours, you have to be on the street in order to live on a pension. When you fill in a tax return, on the form it asks you if you own any properties overseas why is that any of their business?? They can only tax you on what you have in Australia, if you own something else in another country you pay tax for it there. The Australian Government has no jurisdiction what happens outside its borders.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:35 AM   #25
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolet View Post
The Australian Government does all it can so it doesnt have to pay you what you are entitled to whats yours, you have to be on the street in order to live on a pension. When you fill in a tax return, on the form it asks you if you own any properties overseas why is that any of their business?? They can only tax you on what you have in Australia, if you own something else in another country you pay tax for it there. The Australian Government has no jurisdiction what happens outside its borders.
I would hope the Australian Government only pays you what it has to. As an Australian resident for taxation purposes you will pay capital gains taxes on assets held anywhere in the world. Hence the question as to whether you own any assets that exceed AUD $50,000 in value. If you pay tax on the sale of that asset in the country of sale, the tax paid is a credit on the tax you will pay in Australia. Quite logical ... and ... I would rather live in this infrastructure than that of many other countries, Macedonia included.

I am not sure where this handout mentality comes from. It is wrong and killing many countries. I pay a lot of tax, I certainly do not feel that I should be owed a pension upon my retirement.

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:41 AM   #26
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
Changing the name (ownership) of a house say to your kids...
It takes 5 years after till you are entitled to the pension..
Kids get divorced, percentage of property goes to the ex .... parents still think it is theirs ... and the games begin ... or end.
OR
Kids can't get government benefits when they need them because they "own" too many assets.
SO
What are people willing to give up to earn a $10,000 pension??

Old 10-05-2009, 03:57 AM   #27
Rogi

Rogi is on a distinguished road

Risto, many people form Trusts, etc and multi-level complex structures to protect from the things listed above.
Rogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:17 AM   #28
Risto the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogi View Post
Risto, many people form Trusts, etc and multi-level complex structures to protect from the things listed above.
I know, I do them. But if you think that keeps family courts happy, then you might be surprised to learn otherwise.

Old 10-05-2009, 05:39 AM   #29
Dzog

Dzog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolet View Post
Dzog, Its not about what you think is enough for somebody weather its 5 houses 10 houses or whatever. Its about what you are entitled and what you have worked for, in Macedonia if you have worked for 30 years and payed taxes even if you have 10 houses and 5 buildings under your name you are still entitled to a pension not because somebody believes you deserve it or not but because its yours.

I doubt Macedonia pays pensions out of the tax an individual pays. It is most likely out of contributions that are made out of their income.

At the end of the day, you don't pay tax to have it paid back to you when you retire. If you are unhappy with Australia's tax and social welfare system, then I'd suggest you leave the country rather than complain about it, because you'll always be wrong.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:23 AM   #30
Prolet

Dzog, Im not complaining i just dont agree with it. The whole point of Gruevski going to Australia is to sign the Pension agreement at least we know that this is certainly going to happen since that has been confirmed however what will Macedonians from Australia gain from this if they were to take their pensions and live in Macedonia??

They will have to show the Government in Australia that they have no other income or if they do it has to be minimal aswell as not own any property. Why would a Macedonian Pensioner from Australia want to come to Macedonia and not be an owner of a property?? Being forced to signed off to their children and there are people who dont have children either way like Risto stated there are consequences to doing this, they could get divorced,get involved with bitter disputes with each other lets say brother or sister because there is nothing worse then having inheritance disputes it will destroy families.

Risto, So if your grand father left you a house in Macedonia and its passed on to your father then its passed on to you, do you then have to pay tax on it in Australia even though it has nothing to do with Australia??

Quote:
I know, I do them. But if you think that keeps family courts happy, then you might be surprised to learn otherwise.
Risto, What can family courts do if you own a trust?? They cant sue the trust.

Tags
macedonia, pensions, penzii, rann