Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old Yesterday, 05:29 AM   #181
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
It was so disappointing. How something so layered (who can forget the Hodor moment?) could turn into that shallow rubbish. Utterly pathetic.
What endeared me to GoT were the unpredictable plots and left field surprises...

I was a bit of a late adopter of the series, I got on board at the start of season 3 but before that I had watched seasons 1 & 2 on disc and was hooked from the first episode, loved the early surprises like when Ned Stark was executed, the infamous 'Red Wedding' episode, the 'Battle of the bastards' and all the other twists and turns over the journey to season 8.

The final season seemed to lack the imagination that defined the earlier body of work, it was as if the producers had lost their way once the series had overtaken George R. R Martin's books and began tracking into unchartered territory, all of a sudden it become far too predictable, the surprises were fewer and less shocking.

Just a few of the things I found disappointing...

We watched Arya Stark grow from tomboy to skilled assassin over the course of many seasons, we knew about her unique powers and yet they were never used at any stage during season 8...and then finally we watch her sailing off into the sunset...

The story of GoT was as much about a battle between the living and the dead as it was about the throne itself and yet the Night King was so easily disposed of early in the final season...

The Jon Snow character was developing over the entire series, even brought back from the dead in an act of divine intervention to fulfil a higher purpose only to be meekly banished in exile beyond The Wall, although he was the true heir to the throne...
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM   #182
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
What endeared me to GoT were the unpredictable plots and left field surprises...
For me it was the above but perhaps more so the way in which the seasons tied into each other with character development and some kind of end purpose. That "end purpose" finished precisely when GRR Martin's existing books finished. Benioff & Weiss didn't have anything clever to add.

This is my favourite review of the final episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eSB...QcCmNcxEWq%3A6

"Holding my breath for the revolution."
Risto the Great is offline   Reply With Quote