Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

What do the modern Greeks have in common, except the language which most were taught to speak in the last 180 years? Come on, were it not for the church, nobody would be speaking Greek, except, the peasantry down south were so naive that this pathetic act of miserable accetance could only be mirrored in a charade of a scenario were most of northern and western Europe including the Germans, English, Irish, Scots, Slovaks, Poles, etc would be speaking Latin today and claiming to be descendants of Nero's poodle. Give us a break with your delusions already............

The Macedonians are natives of Macedonia and have as much right to their lands as any other natives in the Balkans, certainly more right than a hodge-podge of all sorts from down south in addition to 600,000 Asians from what is now Turkey that came to Macedonia 80 years ago.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TerraNova
      Banned
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      What do the modern Greeks have in common, except the language which most were taught to speak in the last 180 years? Come on, were it not for the church, nobody would be speaking Greek, except, the peasantry down south were so naive that this pathetic act of miserable accetance could only be mirrored in a charade of a scenario were most of northern and western Europe including the Germans, English, Irish, Scots, Slovaks, Poles, etc would be speaking Latin today and claiming to be descendants of Nero's poodle. Give us a break with your delusions already............

The Macedonians are natives of Macedonia and have as much right to their lands as any other natives in the Balkans, certainly more right than a hodge-podge of all sorts from down south in addition to 600,000 Asians from what is now Turkey that came to Macedonia 80 years ago.
      Ok ...no answer to my question -that's ok.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

The answers are obvious and highlighted in the previous statement in simple terms. I don't know any Macedonians with origins from Turkey, can you say the same about Greeks? All my people have as a homeland is Macedonia, we didn't need to flock in from other continents as runaway Christians terrified by the Muslims to receive handouts and support in return for turning the anger and malice towards the native Macedonian population already under occupation by the modern Greek state.

The ancient Macedonians, as with the ancient Thracians and ancient Illyrians used the Greek tongue as official in the respective kigndoms, states, etc, there is clear evidence of this in several inscriptions and coins. BIG FUCKING DEAL. Speaking a language which most of you have learned through the church during the last 180 years does NOT give you any connection to the ancient Hellenes let alone the previously mentioned people. Apart from the already bizzare double-identity which is in complete contrast to itself (Romans Christians - Hellenes Devils/Pagans), how do you reconcile that complete mess with the very first constitution of the modern Greek state??? This is what a 'Greek' is according to the Albanians, Vlachs and whoever else was there that established your origins as a people in the modern world:
        1. All those indigenous people of the Greek State who believe in Christ.
        2. All those, believers in Christ, who under the Ottoman slavery, came or they will come to the Greek State to struggle or to reside in it.
        3. All those aliens, who come and enrol as citizens.

For the glory of the Greeks!

Now, you tell me my friend, what do your people have to do with the ancient Hellenes according to your 'independence' heroes that wrote you into the history of existence during the 19th century?

Stop dreaming, you Greeks should learn to tell history without stealing that of others, your existence and origins are much more humble than the fairytales they sing to you in skolia.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TerraNova
          Banned
          • Nov 2008

I told you the connection.

Same language.
          Same place.

You cannot say the same for your people.Lets dont get back on it again.

As for the Greeks who learnt Greek language and so on...
          well thats your weird theories.
          The fact that non-Greek speakers were assimilated by Greeks ,cannot change the continuity of Greek language.

Can you tell me WHEN did Greek disappear?
          I can prove you that there was not a single century that Greek stopped to be spoken .Not of course as official,church language ,or the language of the educated...but also as language of the peasantry and the common people.

Greek literature is really huge -thousands of scholars,philisophers,generals,poets,common people have left their trace from 1.600 BC till the 21st century.
          All the medieval period too.

And there is NOT any gap.

If u can show me when it disappeared...show me ...WHEN.
          If you cannot ...stop parroting..

Can you tell the same about your language?
          Are any common people's writings or proof of speaking found before the 19th century???
          It took its final form before 50 years..You must be really ignorant to criticize Greek...

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

You must be completely ignorant to critize Macedonian with your knowledge full of lies given that the Greek language only took on a stable form in the mid 70's when Demotiki won out over Katharevousa.

Same language.
            Same place.
            We are also in the same place and have been since memory. The historical memory of a large bulk of your population is from Asia. Already, the Macedonians will win that argument against the Greeks. As for your language, you can lie all of you like, I never said the Greek language disappeared, it held the same position as Latin, the tongue of the church and quite often state, this is no new revelation, for centuries Germanic kings of the west used Latin as their official tongue in state and church. The fact that most (not all, but most nonetheless) of your population would not be speaking Greek about 200 years ago and even less so 50 years before that, is something which you need to come to terms with at some point if you are to accept reality for what it is. I would estimate, generously, that of all the Greeks in the world, probably less than 10% would be of native Greek linguistic origins. Branding the truth as a 'wierd theory' will not make it go away, the truth is clear for you to see, Macedonia is not Greek by origin, nor it would seem is modern Greece.

Comment

• TerraNova
              Banned
              • Nov 2008

You must be completely ignorant to critize Macedonian with your knowledge full of lies given that the Greek language only took on a stable form in the mid 70's when Demotiki won out over Katharevousa.

We are also in the same place and have been since memory. The historical memory of a large bulk of your population is from Asia. Already, the Macedonians will win that argument against the Greeks. As for your language, you can lie all of you like, I never said the Greek language disappeared, it held the same position as Latin, the tongue of the church and quite often state, this is no new revelation, for centuries Germanic kings of the west used Latin as their official tongue in state and church. The fact that most (not all, but most nonetheless) of your population would not be speaking Greek about 200 years ago and even less so 50 years before that, is something which you need to come to terms with at some point if you are to accept reality for what it is. I would estimate, generously, that of all the Greeks in the world, probably less than 10% would be of native Greek linguistic origins. Branding the truth as a 'wierd theory' will not make it go away, the truth is clear for you to see, Macedonia is not Greek by origin, nor it would seem is modern Greece.
              Well those proportions u gave are just wishful thinking but not proof or science.

Greek continued -as it was in antiquity- to be the spoken language of the natives in all the Aegean Islands,Crete,Most of Peloponnese,most of Sterea Hellas,most of Epirus,almost all Thessaly,most of Thrace(including the Eastern Part,now in Turkey,Cyprus,South Macedonia,Pontus,Western Asia Minor ,a large population in Constantinople,the whole coast of Bulgaria (Burgas,Mesember,Varna) as well as in the cities (Philipopolis,Stenimachos)as well as in some Villages in Calabria and Puglia of Italy..

Now..can you give me an example of a phrase of a Macedonian peasant in Macedonian (slavic not ancient) of medieval times??
              One!!?
              I can give you poems or songs...written in the common people's language dating in 10th.11th ,14th century..Phrases written on everyday objects from 5th ,7th ,9th cent...
              All in Greek.

Can you do the same in Macedonian??
              i m afraid not.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Greek continued -as it was in antiquity- to be the spoken language of the natives in all the Aegean Islands,Crete,Most of Peloponnese,most of Sterea Hellas,most of Epirus,almost all Thessaly,most of Thrace(including the Eastern Part,now in Turkey,Cyprus,South Macedonia,Pontus,Western Asia Minor ,a large population in Constantinople,the whole coast of Bulgaria (Burgas,Mesember,Varna) as well as in the cities (Philipopolis,Stenimachos)as well as in some Villages in Calabria and Puglia of Italy..
                I will let you answer yourself there with that ridiculous assertion.
                Well those proportions u gave are just wishful thinking but not proof or science.
                I can give you poems or songs...written in the common people's language dating in 10th.11th ,14th century..Phrases written on everyday objects from 5th ,7th ,9th cent...
                All in Greek.
                You are welcome to open a new thread specifically for that topic, I would be interested to see what you will attempt to pass off as the work of a Romaic peasant.
                Now..can you give me an example of a phrase of a Macedonian peasant in Macedonian (slavic not ancient) of medieval times??
                One!!?
                What exactly are you implying here, that the language I speak now and the language of Macedonia in the 9th century is incomprehensible? We can open a thread for that too that will deal specifically with the relation Macedonian has to Church Slavonic, but this thread, to some how steer back on track, is how Phillip II the Macedonian destroyed the Greeks, rather than uniting them. If I recall it was you who made the comment of how modern and ancient people are related when it was completely insignificant to the topic, what, do we need the permission of somebody who's ancestors arrived in Macedonia from Turkey 80 years ago to speak about the ancient Macedonians? I notice that is a common characteristic of modern Greeks, when one wishes to discuss issues of the past the conversation is always manipulated into "what does somebody 2,000 years ago have to do with you", get real for Christ's sake.

Comment

• TerraNova
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008

If I recall it was you who made the comment of how modern and ancient people are related when it was completely insignificant to the topic,
                  Oh yes...it's pure scientific interest about Philip...not your illusions of connection with him

what, do we need the permission of somebody who's ancestors arrived in Macedonia from Turkey 80 years ago to speak about the ancient Macedonians?
                  Of course you can speak abt them...
                  As a native Greek of Macedonia i enjoy reading about those ancient people,who lived in the same place i live,and spoke a tongue similar to mine.

But as a person interested in history i m surprised when i see such a distortion of history..for serving cheap nationalism.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post

Same language.
                    Same place.
                    You know what, I could not give a shit about the Greeks to the South. The ones you believe are "same language, same place" in Northern Greece are imports mostly. So spare us the wankery. They came from Turkey and spoke a different language. So ..

Different language
                    Different place

When it comes to the 600,000 from Turkey who forever changed the demographic of Northern Greece. Who now call themselves Macedonian.

... And this is where our name problem comes from .... utterly laughable.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TerraNova
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      You know what, I could not give a shit about the Greeks to the South. The ones you believe are "same language, same place" in Northern Greece are imports mostly. So spare us the wankery. They came from Turkey and spoke a different language. So ..

Different language
                      Different place

When it comes to the 600,000 from Turkey who forever changed the demographic of Northern Greece. Who now call themselves Macedonian.

... And this is where our name problem comes from .... utterly laughable.
                      Well you must some time define which area you re talking about ...
                      About RoM? Nop
                      About whole Greek Macedonia?

I think you should have learned -after so much lectures about Macedonia-that in Chalkidiki,Pieria,Emathia,Kavala,Thassos,most of Serres,Drama,Kozani there was not a single Slavic speaker-Bulgarian or Macedonian.

So the last 1.000.000.000 posts and works which u think will establish you as a scholar ,
                      refer to Florina,half of Kastoria and half of Pella regions.

If now you cut off half of the Slavic speakers who defined themselves as Greeks in 1912(self definition isn't?)-your beloved "Grkmani" ...then the whole Crusade is pointed to some hundreds square kilometeres..

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Oh yes...it's pure scientific interest about Philip...not your illusions of connection with him
                        Did I, in any way, mention a connection between ancient and modern people? NO. You did. Why? Feeling insecure about something you have nothing to do with? Wake up modern Greek.
                        Of course you can speak abt them...
                        The question was rhetorical you banana, I don't need the permission of somebody who's ancestry is most likely Armeno-Turkish to speak about the people from the land my ancestry comes from.
                        As a native Greek of Macedonia i enjoy reading about those ancient people,who lived in the same place i live,and spoke a tongue similar to mine
                        I am sure you do, just about as much as a native Englishman of African descent reads William Shakespeare today. The irony in your belief is quite funny.

Comment

• TerraNova
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2008

Ok ok som..i won't destroy your illusion anymore-

Feel proud about Dedo Filipovski.
                          If that makes u happy ,i don't want to destroy your happy thoughts!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

You mean you wont promote your illusion anymore? Excellent!

I feel proud of all the ancestry from my land that fought for the freedom and glory of my land. I have no heroes or ancestors that are Albanians and Christian Turks.

Please, for sake of sanity, read the first constitution of your state and then explain to me the Hellenic connection.

Comment

• TerraNova
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008

I feel proud of all the ancestry from my land that fought for the freedom and glory of my land. I have no heroes or ancestors that are Albanians and Christian Turks.
                              Well..nobody can be sure in the area...
                              Did you know turcic christians..the tribe of Kumani once settled in Kumanovo area?
                              Also did you know Vardariots? These christian Turcic tribes inhabited upper Vardar valley.
                              Other Turcic hordes settled and assimilated in the area of Ohrid.

So don't be so sure you re a macedonian phalangite's , or a slavic farmer's grandchild.

iyi günler !

Comment

• makedonin
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TerraNova View Post
                                Well..nobody can be sure in the area...
                                Did you know turcic christians..the tribe of Kumani once settled in Kumanovo area?
                                Also did you know Vardariots? These christian Turcic tribes inhabited upper Vardar valley.
                                Other Turcic hordes settled and assimilated in the area of Ohrid.

So don't be so sure you re a macedonian phalangite's , or a slavic farmer's grandchild.

iyi günler !
                                all those you mentioned did stop on the Modern Borders of Greece, just to preserve your pure Hellenic ass
                                To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X