X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Anhedonia

People with anhedonia can no longer enjoy the things that they once loved.

Sounds like a country I used to know.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Karposh
    • Aug 2015

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul". With these words (a New Testament quote from the Book of Mark Chapter 8, Verse 36), Israel Folau explained to his small church congregation why he rejected Rugby Australia's offer to let him play again if he took down his "homophobic social media post". By doing so, Israel has potentially turned his back on a sporting career that would have earned him millions over subsequent years.

For those who don't know who Israel Folau is, he is a professional Australian rugby player who happens to also be a devout Christian and is currently embroiled in a legal battle with Rugby Australia over an alleged "anti-gay" social media tweet that he made a couple of months ago now. Rugby Australia is the organisational body that basically controls and oversees the Australian national rugby union team, nicknamed the Wallabies, of which Israel Folau is an integral part. In fact, he is their best player who has earned the title of the highest Super Rugby try scorer of all time. If Rugby Australia's Integrity Unit, who is looking into the matter, rules that Folau is in breach of the players' code of conduct, something the newly appointed, butt ugly, leftist, lesbian CEO, Raelene Castle is pushing for, then he will have his contract torn up and he stands to lose millions. Just to give everyone some background information on how it all came about, someone asked (i.e. baited) Israel on Twitter what would happen to homosexuals once they died to which Israel responded with a meme that lumped homos, fornicators and drunks, among others, into the same basket that were bound for hell.

And what has Israel Folau got to do with Anhedonia? Well the Anhedonians can learn a thing or two from this amazing human being. He refused to be "tempted", as he described it, into making a deal with the devil and has stuck to his guns, even if it costs him his career (which it now looks like it most likely will). Whatever they decide, he is at peace with it, he says. "There have been many opportunities to potentially make the situation a little bit easier, I could go back and play the game, get everything back to the way it used to be...all the worries and troubles will go away. But it is always the will of God that comes first".

The clever and very progressive Anhedonians, of course have chosen to take a different path to Israel Folau, the path of least resistance that promises so much but comes with a very big cost - their rotting souls. Fucking soulless bastards. Hope it was worth it and they will one day get to see their promised riches...For their sake.

Comment

Working...
    X