Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Delodephius
    • Sep 2008

I personally don't like words that stand for groups that end in -ics, like Germanics, Slavonics, etc. It reminds me of something like mechanics, doesn't fit people really. Instead I use Germanians and Slavonians.
    अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
    उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
    This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
    But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Thorvald
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
      I agree with much of what you write; why Hungary in the matter?
      A personal choice, mostly. Hungary is a country with ties with the west, and Romania, well the country is, as many can stated very corrupt and with many internal problems.

Why not Romania? Because Romania is close to Serbia and Greece?
      See my above statement

Moreover, why Ukraine?
      To keep Russia out; as we all remember the Ossetia war, and the huge amount of ethnic Russians in the Baltic Republics, it will cause someday a threat for the rest of Europe, and Ukraine has a large Russian population, and I think Ukraine needs close allies, and not based upon a common religion.

Some of your arguments don't seem to have any validity.
      I know that, but as I said, its my owm personal view

Nation states act in their own self-interest; what interest does Germany have in Macedonia? Exchange military knowledge? Explain.
      Probably nothing, but I believe in another Germany, not the current Germany of the EU, and perhaps the Macedonian community in Germany can contribute.

And why Germany as opposed to Italy? I understand that Germany is the engine of Europe in economic terms but I question what Germans would want with Macedonians. I don't see a bondship or friendship developing there.
      Economical investments perhaps? Germany has it aswell in countries without an historical connection.

In fact, I see Germany and the people of the Balkans (so called "Slavic" people) have never really gotten along all that well.
      That came from both sides; but merely between Germans with Poles and Czechs. And 19th century with the rise of Pan-Slavic and Pan-German ideas it encouraged all together. Germans have no historical issues with Croats or Slovaks. So, calling all Slavic peoples is incorrect.

Macedonia is in a bind; if Macedonia was united, and had the Aegean port, it would greatly bolster Macedonia's resolve and power. It would have better revenue from tourism, both for the beaches and the historic sites of ancient Macedonia; it would have better trade, because of the sea; it would have better exports, becaue of the olives and olive oil; and it would have better real estate, because of the beauty and historic nature of the region.
      Good point; parallel with Spain.
      https://germanictribes.proboards.com/
      European preservation

Comment

• Thorvald
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Slovak/Anomaly/Tomas View Post
        I personally don't like words that stand for groups that end in -ics, like Germanics, Slavonics, etc. It reminds me of something like mechanics, doesn't fit people really. Instead I use Germanians and Slavonians.
        Its English callings: Germanics, Slavic, Finnic, Arabic, Turkic, Hispanic, Romanic, Celtic.

I've no problem with it.
        European preservation

Comment

• Thorvald
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by fatso View Post
          Great thread. This is very important and should be followed through. Macedonia needs friends and allies. Once this is established ...then maybe her neighbours will wake up.
          Thats very important, what history has proven to mankind that much is actually possible.
          European preservation

Comment

• Delodephius
            • Sep 2008

Germanian you are then. The problem is that in the Slavic languages 'German' means 'Germanic'. The word for 'German' in Slavic is 'Nemec' or 'Nemac' (c=ts).
            अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
            उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
            This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
            But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Thorvald View Post
              Ok, lets build bridges

As far as I see (correct if wrong) Macedonia is surrounded by neighbours whom dont respect you guys.

1: Greece on top, with their pathetic Hellenic wetdreams of imperialism

2: Bulgaria, who think its a right to claim Macedonians as a Bulgar minority. Speaking of ignorance

3: Albania. With a large Albanian minority in Macedonia we have here a serious demographic problem, which can result one day in Albanian secessionist ''Greater Albania''

4: Serbia. The whole world knows what Serbs are up to.

5: Turkey. Islamic country trying to get a foothold in Balkans, pan-Turkicism is dangerous.

My proposal, please correct or give your opinion:

My proposal is that Macedonia seeks closer co-operation with former Yugoslav republics like Croatia, Monte-Negro, Slovenia, and Bosnia. They all suffered under Serb oppression.

Croatia and Monte-Negrocan provide Macedonian rights on use of sea-port for Macedonian Navy.

Germany and Macedonia could exchange military knowledge and economical investments.

Hungary; shared interests.

Closer connection with Ukraine.

I know its sound idealistic, and maybe impossible, but Germany can chance; and Macedonian organisations in Germany can help with this.

We need to resist Serb and Greek lobbies in Western Europe.

Hi Thorvlad,

I agree with alot of what you have to say my friend, however:

Turkey: The turks are not a enemy of macedonia, but a great friend and ally. I think they are one of macedonia''s "trump card" in this whole crazy litle game that macedonia is playing with grease. Turkey is also a regional power in the balkans, middle east and the caucasus. The strategic alliance of israel-Turkey-USA and possibly macedonia seems like a very strong one.

I agree with having excellent ties with countries like Bosnia,Croatia and slovenia. Macedonians have a excellent relationship with slovenia and the croats are our brothers. The serbian oppresion we have all faced is another factor that brings us closer.
              But in saying that the montenegrins even though have good ties with macedonia are basically serbs - whats to say 20 years from now they are seduced by serbian nationalism and start having dreams of "southern serbia" again? I dont trust them.

I like the idea of having good ties with Ukraine but i think macedonia should have ties are not "too close" - i would hate to see macedonia get involved in the dispute between ukrain and russia. Remember last time macedonia got invovled in the dispute between China and Taiwan? We cant afford to get a world power angry at us again.

Romaina: This is a interesting one. On one hand they would be good value to us as they have access to the black sea and also they hate the bulgarians and greeks. And most importantly they know how much of a important part vlach have played in macedonian history and that we have always have looked after the vlach people. However on the other hand romanians in Ottoman times made "schools" and "churches" ie propaganda tools, to brainwashi the vlach into thinking they are romanians. This policy still happens today and in romania there are 2 macedonian minoritys - the "slav macedonians" and also the macedonians (who are vlach from macedonia, basically this is romania saying the vlach are the "true" macedonians"). However even though Romania believes such crazy things i think they would be great allies - from memory their orthodox church has been the only church that has respected and stood up for the macedonian church.

In the end though because macedonia is a land locked country it makes things very difficult for us.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

A thoughtful response Sven.
                I still see Romania as more useful to us than less.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Thorvald
                  • Jan 2009

Idont trust Turks on this at all, primarly for its ottoman empire past history. Sure there are Turks around there dreaming of a resurrection of the Turkish power on the Balkans.
                  European preservation

Comment

Working...
                  X