Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Didn't watch all of it (so don't know if he said something stupid towards the end), but from what I did see it looked to be an interesting speech. It was also very clever of him to cite some of the words of our revolutionaries and their tolerance towards other ethnic groups.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• VMRO
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      Didn't watch all of it (so don't know if he said something stupid towards the end), but from what I did see it looked to be an interesting speech. It was also very clever of him to cite some of the words of our revolutionaries and their tolerance towards other ethnic groups.
      Did you hear the beginning where he quoted Todor Aleksandrov,
      Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Yes, I did. Thoughts?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• VMRO
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          Yes, I did. Thoughts?
          My thoughts are that Gruevski and DPMNE in general in the past four years have replaced Goce Delchev with Todor Aleksandrov.

Todor Aleksandrov has been promoted as having the most significant role in the history of VMRO.

There is even a patriotic association linked to DPMNE called MPZ Todor Aleksandrov.

What i have seen within this organisations are primarily patriotic Macedonians, however i have come across one or two who i would question as they have questionable friends.

Below is the speech that Gruevski gave;

"Македонија во минатото даде великани, имиња кои ги изговараме со смирена благонаклоност и со стравопочит. Македонија и сега создава големи по душа и неповторливи маченици и херои, подготвени за самопожртвување, пред споменот или ликот на кои им симнуваме капа. Јас лично, со своите слаби сили и способности, не сум направил ништо повеќе од совесно исполнување на долгот кон распарчената и поробена борбена татковина - Македонија. Функцијата, инаку, ми помогна да работам во моментот со капитал, создаден од сите творци на македонската епопеја и да го претставувам идеализмот, моралната сила и цврстината на борбена Македонија. Драгоцените квалитети и дарби на Македонија се залог за сигурноста и брзо извојување на Независноста на Македонија, а не способностите на малкумината водачи." - Тодор Александров, писмо до неговиот пријател П.Стаматов, 20 јуни 1924 година истакна премиерот Никола Груевски.
          Last edited by VMRO; 10-30-2015, 01:15 AM.
          Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
            My thoughts are that Gruevski and DPMNE in general in the past four years have replaced Goce Delchev with Todor Aleksandrov.

Todor Aleksandrov has been promoted as having the most significant role in the history of VMRO.
            Interesting point. As I said earlier, I didn't watch the whole thing. Does he, at any point, mention or quote Delcev?

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

I managed to find this on gruevski;s replacement:
              Nikola Popovski to become the temporary PM of Macedonia

Foreign Minister Nikola Popovski is the most likely candidate to replace Nikola Gruevski as a prime minister in January 2016. Official sources from the VMRO-DPMNE party, say that Popovski's name is already confirmed and he was also mentioned by foreign diplomats in the country.

The name of the current top diplomat was asked by the Commissioner for Enlargement and good neighborly relations in the EU, Johannes Hahn.

At the round table talks between Gruevski and representatives of the EU, the head of VMRO has mentioned the name of the current Minister of Health Nikola Todorov, while Hahn stated that Nikola Popovski is the most accepted by the opposition, as he is not mentioned in none of the "bombs" of Zoran Zaev.

"SDSM has no objection and opposition to Popovski, and that is why the name of the current minister of Foreign Affairs is the most serious one to become a prime minister. This is the main reason why the international community insists on this name", says VMRO-DPMNE as "Koha" reports.

It is learned that Popovski is also supported by three MEPs Richard Howitt, Eduard Kukan and Ivo Vajgl. /albeu.com/
              Last edited by George S.; 11-02-2015, 05:31 PM.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

Gruevski to change Macedonia name

Macedonia’s PM, Nikola Gruevski, said: ‘We are ready to discuss, to open dialogue with them, and to find some solution.’ Photograph: Boris Grdanoski/AP
                Helena Smith in Athens and Patrick Kingsley
                Wednesday 16 December 2015 20.49 AEDT Last modified on Wednesday 16 December 2015 21.54 AEDT
                Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn Share on Google+
                Shares
                Save for later
                The Macedonian prime minister says he would be open to changing his country’s name, raising hopes of an end to one of the world’s most unusual diplomatic spats – a 24-year linguistic dispute with Greece.

At its founding in 1991, when it declared independence from Yugoslavia, the country formally referred to itself as the Republic of Macedonia – to the fury of many Greeks, who feel that their northern neighbours stole the name from the eponymous Greek province that lies directly to the south of the Macedonian-Greek border.

Now the Macedonian prime minister, Nikola Gruevski, says he is willing to reopen dialogue on the issue with Greece – providing that any potential name-change is put to a plebiscite in Macedonia. “We are ready to discuss, to open dialogue with them, and to find some solution,” Gruevski said in an interview with the Guardian.

Alexander the Great claimed by both sides in battle over name of Macedonia
                Read more
                Greece has long accused Macedonia of appropriating significant aspects of Hellenic culture in order to build the national identity of a predominantly Slavic state, not least the sun symbol that inspired the Macedonian flag, and the ancient hero, Alexander the Great, after whom the main Macedonian airport is named.

The dispute prompted Greece to block its neighbour from joining both Nato and EU, and led the UN to refer to Macedonia as the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia until the disagreement is resolved. Mooted name-changes have included adding qualifying words such as “upper” or “new” to Macedonia’s formal description – but no alteration has ever been agreed.

After years of intransigence on both sides, Macedonia’s leader has now implied he may be prepared to cede further ground to Greece, nearly two-and-a-half decades after the dispute first began in the aftermath of the breakup of Yugoslavia.

Advertisement

“We would like as soon as possible to go to dialogue with Greece to find a solution, and if we find a solution we have to go to the citizens and organise a referendum,” said Gruevski. “Through dialogue we have to find some solution, and after that to ask the citizens: is this right or not right?”

On both sides, there are other signals that the long-running dispute could be solved. Ahead of a visit to Athens on Thursday, Skopje’s foreign minister, Nikola Poposki, voiced optimism, telling the leading Greek daily, Kathimerini, that “conditions are more than ripe” for the name row to be resolved.

The visit, the first in 15 years, suggests that with Greece on its knees economically and Europe’s refugee crisis engulfing both, the Balkan neighbours are finally laying the ground for compromise.

Confidence-building measures have helped improve ties. Ending an 11-year embargo with a visit to Skopje in June, the Greek foreign minister, Nikos Kotzias, declared: “We want all our neighbours to be members of the European Union … because our own country, to great degree, is dependent on what happens in the Balkans as a whole.”

Prominent members of Alexis Tsipras’s leftist government have long indicated they would prefer to be shot of a problem blamed squarely on rightwing nationalism.

Fears in Athens of territorial aggression against the adjacent Greek province of Macedonia – stoked by what was perceived as the tiny republic’s exclusive claim to the name – have faded with time.

Having previously been adamant that no nomenclature would include the word Macedonia, Athens announced in 2007 that it would give its consent to a composite name in which it could feature. The statelet continued to insist that it be known as the Republic of Macedonia.

“We have gone the extra mile,” said one senior Greek foreign ministry source. “We’ve proposed a composite name with geographical qualifications for all uses.”

The issue will dominate Thursday’s talks. An immediate breakthrough is excluded. But Poposki’s visit – and the need to address other more pressing issues – may well augur the beginning of the end of one of the world’s quirkiest diplomatic disputes.
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

razbudi ste narode

Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" M...
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• fatso
                    • Sep 2008

I read the same thing on a Greek website. Does anyone know what the general consensus is in Macedonia ? Excluding ethnic Albanians .

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by fatso View Post
                      I read the same thing on a Greek website. Does anyone know what the general consensus is in Macedonia ? Excluding ethnic Albanians .
                      If there was a referendum regarding a name change I bet over 90% of the people (excluding Albanians) will vote AGAINST any name change.
                      I'm sure about that.
                      Maybe Macedonians have different opinions about many matters but when it comes to their identity,language,and name that's all put aside,no mater what some people might think.
                      ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                      ― George Orwell

Comment

• fatso
                        • Sep 2008

Thanks Dragan. Good to know Macedonians are not altering their opinion.

Comment

• DedoAleko
                          • Jun 2009

Gruevski denies such a statement.

„Такво нешто не сум изјавил и ние ќе реагираме и до „Гардијан“. Тоа се гледа и од самиот текст кај што очигледно е дека се работи за новинарски коментар, а не за моја изјава."

izvor: http://kanal5.mk/vesti_detail.asp?ID=85985

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

I read Julie's article and thought "yeah, sounds about right .... say whatever about changing the name and then use the old referendum spiel".

Then, knowing how "clever" Macedonians are, I could almost see Grujo nudging and winking at his followers and saying, "yeah, we will change it from FYROM to Macedonia". Laughs all round!

Dragan's statement gave me hope. But I wonder out loud if he is referring to the same people that accepted FYROM and the new flag. Or whether sentiments have changed entirely since the early 1990's.

Then Dedo Aleko provided a link to help dispel the rumour.

Either way, the waiting game has not been good for Macedonia or Macedonians!
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Yeah I heard from rm people that grujo will negotiate the name and if needed will hold referendum.JUst like the flag.THey reckon he allready said on videoper zaef that hell change the name.We know that he would given half a chance.WKnow when gligorov changed the flag boom.
                              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Dejan
                                • Sep 2008

Who gave him the power to be Macedonia's godfather?
                                You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

Working...
                                X