Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 12-11-2018, 05:34 PM   #11
Amphipolis
Banned

Amphipolis is on a distinguished road

Automatic translation from Greek wikipedia. This is more detailed on the ethnic and social composition of Democratic Army of Greece (Section 3)

https://translate.google.com/transla...B4%CE%B1%CF%82
Amphipolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:26 PM   #12
nushevski77

nushevski77 is on a distinguished road

weren't the democratic army of greece and the national liberation front two different forces?
nushevski77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:48 AM   #13
Amphipolis
Banned

National Liberation Front (EAM) was the Resistance Group of the Communist Party during Occupation (1941-1944).
The Democratic Army of Greece (DSE) was the military formation (literally an army) of the Communist Party during the Civil War (1946-1949).
Old 12-12-2018, 11:41 AM   #14
nushevski77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphipolis View Post
National Liberation Front (EAM) was the Resistance Group of the Communist Party during Occupation (1941-1944).
The Democratic Army of Greece (DSE) was the military formation (literally an army) of the Communist Party during the Civil War (1946-1949).
so they were separate organizations that shared same ideologies?
Old 12-12-2018, 12:08 PM   #15
Amphipolis
Banned

They didn't just share ideologies, as two similar political parties do. They were tools of the same party, yet they were formed in different periods and for different scopes.

For instance, communists believe that DSE was far more organized, it was a real army, and at some point they took the fatal decision that they would not act as guerillas (which was often criticized as cowardly behavior) but as a tactical army that would give great field battles.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:44 PM   #16
nushevski77

okay interesting
Old 12-15-2018, 12:41 AM   #17
Momce Makedonce

Momce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud ofMomce Makedonce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nushevski77 View Post
These are my stories although being born in the diaspora I for some reason have such an affinity to my ethnic roots/homeland as on the other hand my cousins couldn't care less maybe I'm just different or their just happy to be Canadians and leave all this stuff behind them but I feel its doing a disservice to not remember the people who fought for and suffered for the macedonian cause and although I make no impact on whats hapening right now with the political situation in the country I guess I try to do my part and educate those who are unaware of the macedonian struggle.
I can definitely relate to this, I have always had a much stronger affinity and connection to the Macedonian identity than my first cousins have. I remember growing up and always viewing them as being more mainstream Australian in the way they were raised and acted, whereas my siblings and I were more of a Macedonian upbringing. My cousins spoke really broken Macedonian, they even spoke to their other set of Grandparents in English which I always found really strange and never really had an interest in anything Macedonian. However it seems as they are getting older they are now getting more interested in knowing the language better, visiting Macedonia and practicing Macedonian culture which is a good thing.

It was probably due to the fact that my siblings and I live with my Baba and Dedo in the same house that the influence of Macedonian culture was always there, but in saying that nobody in my family ever really tried to make me a patriotic Macedonian, it's just been something I have always been interested and passionate about.

Your cousins could always gain an interest in being Macedonian in the future.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:50 PM   #18
Statitsa

Statitsa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Automatic translation from Greek wikipedia. This is more detailed on the ethnic and social composition of Democratic Army of Greece (Section 3)
What? No mention of any Vlach - Macedonian - Romanians? (sarc)

Last edited by Statitsa; 12-15-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Statitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:12 PM   #19
Amphipolis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statitsa View Post
What? No mention of any Vlach - Macedonian - Romanians? (sarc)
I did a small research. There isn't anything special or worth mentioning about the participation of Vlachs in the Democratic Army, probably because of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_...41%E2%80%9343)
Old 12-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #20
Amphipolis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nushevski77 View Post

A final story that isn't really isn't associated to my family; in the mid 1960's when my dedo was mandatory serving in the greek army he was in solun since one of his duties was to deliver mail and he met this old man who was also in the army they were talking and the old man could tell that my dedo wasn't greek but macedonian and told him to be proud of who he is and never forget that; he also told him how after the second balkan war most of aegean macedonia and solun was supposed to go to bulgaria but bulgaria had to withdraw most of its troops from the region since it was also fighting romania at the same time. so during that time the greek government sent its army and king to solun at the time and the army executed the king in the city of thessaloniki/solun since they believed in some stupid way that if their king died their it would somehow give them a claim to aegean macedonia/whatever part that bulgaria was occupying at the time (I know it sounds outlandish but crazy stuff happens during war, I tried to figure it out and wikipedia has no real info on the man who killed their king just that he was a drunk and a lot of mystery so I believe this that the army killed their own king to get the land.)
The Greek King George I was murdered in March 1913, before the beginning of the Second Balkan War (June 1913).

Tags
aegan macedonia, greek civil war, history, komiti, macedonia