Macedonian Truth Forum   

Go Back   Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > General Discussions

Old 05-29-2017, 09:53 PM   #11
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks22 View Post
The anti-Serbia and pro-EU sentiment is already a welcome change.
Didn't Zaev call the Serbs his brothers?
Why is a pro-EU sentiment useful exactly?
Old 05-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #12
Aleks22
Banned

Aleks22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
Didn't Zaev call the Serbs his brothers?
Why is a pro-EU sentiment useful exactly?
He called their government nationalist and the way they view Macedonia disturbing. Our relations with Serbia will slightly worsen, which I don't view as a negative, considering the nation of Serbia is Russia's last stranglehold in the Balkans. We need to distance ourselves as there are simply no benefits for us to be so close with Serbia. Zaev also called us and Bulgarians the same people, which took guts as it was an unprecedented move when it comes to our politicians. Our relationship with Bulgaria and the rest of the EU will improve, and this of course is a welcome change and a huge positive, for obvious reasons.

Our future is with the EU. That is... if we are to have a prosperous future, we will become a part of the EU. I understand the EU has a bad rep in Western Europe, as they are the ones subsidizing the poorer countries while taking in all of the refugees, but look at what it has done to Bulgaria and Romania for example. They have drastically improved in the last decade.

These nationalist squabbles with our neighbors are silly, stupid, and only hurt us. It's not the European way. And I guarantee Greece will never force us to change our name. They are irrelevant. If we are on good terms with Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania and the rest of the EU, the EU will easily pressure Greece to forget their whining and threats to VETO, as it wouldn't be in the EU's interest to see us return to Russia's stranglehold.

I repeat, we have a very bright future, but only as a part of the EU. It's where we belong.
Aleks22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:45 PM   #13
Risto the Great

Risto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond reputeRisto the Great has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
but look at what it has done to Bulgaria and Romania for example. They have drastically improved in the last decade.
I am looking. Are you seeing something I am not?
Old 05-29-2017, 10:53 PM   #14
Aleks22
Banned

Aleks22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risto the Great View Post
I am looking. Are you seeing something I am not?
As a "Macedonian" who lives in Australia, and probably only visits once every summer, I don't expect you to understand.

They are leaving us in the dust.
Aleks22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:23 PM   #15
Odi Zvezdo

Odi Zvezdo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
He called their government nationalist and the way they view Macedonia disturbing. Our relations with Serbia will slightly worsen, which I don't view as a negative, considering the nation of Serbia is Russia's last stranglehold in the Balkans. We need to distance ourselves as there are simply no benefits for us to be so close with Serbia. Zaev also called us and Bulgarians the same people, which took guts as it was an unprecedented move when it comes to our politicians. Our relationship with Bulgaria and the rest of the EU will improve, and this of course is a welcome change and a huge positive, for obvious reasons.

Our future is with the EU. That is... if we are to have a prosperous future, we will become a part of the EU. I understand the EU has a bad rep in Western Europe, as they are the ones subsidizing the poorer countries while taking in all of the refugees, but look at what it has done to Bulgaria and Romania for example. They have drastically improved in the last decade.

These nationalist squabbles with our neighbors are silly, stupid, and only hurt us. It's not the European way. And I guarantee Greece will never force us to change our name. They are irrelevant. If we are on good terms with Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania and the rest of the EU, the EU will easily pressure Greece to forget their whining and threats to VETO, as it wouldn't be in the EU's interest to see us return to Russia's stranglehold.

I repeat, we have a very bright future, but only as a part of the EU. It's where we belong.
Okay Aleks...you seem to be a man of knowledge...

Macedonia's future is in the EU....tell me...Other than the Britain (Who are leaving the EU), France, Belgium and Germany, tell me what benefit has the EU delivered to countries such as Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania, etc?? Do citizens of ROM seriously think that the standard of living would increase if they are accepted into the EU? I think the majority of this forum would know what the answer is my friend.

Go and ask people that live in Lerin...people constantly remind us on since Greece entering the single currency it has gone completely backwards...life under the drachma was better and far more affordable then what it is today.....

The EU is nothing more than a cesspool of corrupt politicians who enjoy the free trip to Brussels on a quarterly basis!!! It provides no benefit whatsoever!!
Odi Zvezdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:45 PM   #16
Risto the Great

Quote:
They are leaving us in the dust.
How are they leaving you in the dust? Give some real examples of how people in Bulgaria and Romania have prospered as a consequence of joining the EU. And I think it is safe to assume that letting them move to richer countries within the EU is not an example of what I am talking about.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:48 PM   #17
Liberator of Makedonija

Liberator of Makedonija is on a distinguished road

Our "nationalist" squabbles with our neighbours are not pointless. Our country was carved up our fellow neighbours, not one Macedonian government has ever threatened to retake our land but they have asked for recognition and rights for the Macedonians living in the occupied territories. Such statements are often met with hostility from our neighbours who absolutely refuse to recognise Macedonians living in their borders yet insist on their people living in ours and often make reference to expanding their borders at the cost of Macedonia. So please tell me who is having the real "nationalist" squabble?
Liberator of Makedonija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:55 AM   #18
DraganOfStip

DraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud ofDraganOfStip has much to be proud of

Quote:
Zaev also called us and Bulgarians the same people, which took guts as it was an unprecedented move when it comes to our politicians. Our relationship with Bulgaria and the rest of the EU will improve, and this of course is a welcome change and a huge positive, for obvious reasons.
You seem to support this, so as a Macedonian (right?) do you agree that you and the Bulgarians are the same people?
Old 05-30-2017, 01:00 AM   #19
Phoenix

Phoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud ofPhoenix has much to be proud of

Quote:
...These nationalist squabbles with our neighbors are silly, stupid, and only hurt us...
What are you talking about...you sound like some pathetic servile apologist, happy to hand over his identity and culture to anybody prepared to shake him down.
You get hurt, one way or the other, whenever you don't stand up for what is yours.
It sounds like you're one of those people that are prepared to give up everything to get into the EU...

Quote:
...It's not the European way...
What the fuck is the "European way"...

Quote:
...And I guarantee Greece will never force us to change our name. They are irrelevant...
Where the fuck have you been for the last two decades mate (not to mention what greece has done since its annexation of Macedonia), assuming you're not too much older than 20-something...that should explain what greece is capable of, if you're not prepared to fight for your identity...the very organisation that you put up on such a lofty pedestal ensures that greece remains relevant and has the upper hand in any dispute with Macedonia.

Quote:
...If we are on good terms with Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania and the rest of the EU...
I didn't realise we were on bad terms with Croatia, Romania or any other EU members (apart from greece, cyprus and to a lesser extent bulgaria).
We have no issue with the majority of the EU or World communities and yet the status quo remains...

Quote:
...the EU will easily pressure Greece to forget their whining and threats to VETO, as it wouldn't be in the EU's interest to see us return to Russia's stranglehold...
You're fuckin' deluded...

Quote:
...I repeat, we have a very bright future, but only as a part of the EU. It's where we belong.
Our bright future is dependent on an identity...but go ahead, sell your arse to the lowest bidder.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:09 AM   #20
Soldier of Macedon
Administrator

Soldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond reputeSoldier of Macedon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks22
Zaev also called us and Bulgarians the same people.....
You make it sound like a good thing. Does that coincide with your viewpoint?
Quote:
I guarantee Greece will never force us to change our name.....the EU will easily pressure Greece....
Where have you been for the last 25 years? When exactly will the EU finally "pressure Greece" into backing down?
Quote:
As a "Macedonian" who lives in Australia, and probably only visits once every summer, I don't expect you to understand.
You also live in the diaspora, don't you? And what's with the "Macedonian" in quotation marks?