X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daniel the Great
    • Nov 2009

Fox Sports FC apology

On the Fox Sports Chanel in Australia they have made a very big mistake.
    The mistake was that they made a error on a table that showed all the players of Inter Milan and What country they represent in which Goran Pandev was noted as a player for the Bulgarian National Football team.
    And in this link it is the apology by Fox Sports on there Website.

I don't know about yous but it seems to me like it was purposely done by one of there backstage guys a none Macedonian if yous know what i mean.

Read the latest sports news, find live scores & fixtures for your favourite sports from around the world on Australia's sports leader FOX SPORTS.

• Jan 2009

Fox Sports FC apology

By staff writers
    March 11, 2010

On Tuesday 2 March, during the Fox Sports FC program, we showed a table listing the national teams represented in the squad of Italian Serie A side Inter Milan.

Unfortunately, the table contained an error as it incorrectly indicated Goran Pandev as a member of the Bulgarian national team.

As many of you have pointed out, Goran Pandev is in fact a member of the Republic of Macedonia's national football squad. We apologise for the inadvertent error and sincerely regret any offence caused.

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

For those of you who haven't already, I would suggest emailing Media Watch (program on ABC) about this story.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
        • Nov 2009

BigMak what you wrote was already in the link above why did you have to write it ?

Rogi is it really that important to start emailing TV networks ?

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

daniel the great, I think it is.

I would prefer things like this not to happen again, it always seems to be the Macedonians being disrespected in this manner.

So, the more media attention and the more noise we make now, the less we will need to worry about such things in the future, because the media will think twice before offending Macedonians or completely ignoring the Macedonians.

Eventually, ideally, we'll end up being treated equally with every other nation, until then, yes we do have to make a fuss about being disrespected, otherwise things will never change.

That complacency I sense in your question, is the reason why Macedonians have been disregarded and abused throughout history.
          Last edited by Rogi; 03-11-2010, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by daniel the great View Post
            BigMak what you wrote was already in the link above why did you have to write it ?

Rogi is it really that important to start emailing TV networks ?

Why would it not be important Daniel? By showing the media we will no longer put up with careless mistakes or Greek inspired bull shit amongst other things, don't you think thats important?
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
              daniel the great, I think it is.

I would prefer things like this not to happen again, it always seems to be the Macedonians being disrespected in this manner.

So, the more media attention and the more noise we make now, the less we will need to worry about such things in the future, because the media will think twice before offending Macedonians or completely ignoring the Macedonians.

Eventually, ideally, we'll end up being treated equally with every other nation, until then, yes we do have to make a fuss about being disrespected, otherwise things will never change.

That complacency I sense in your question, is the reason why Macedonians have been disregarded and abused throughout history.
              Spot on Rogi, if we kept quiet regarding this last insult on fox, they would have continued with there disrespect and things would not have changed. So by us emailing, which lead to them apoligising, is proof it does make a diferance.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Guys, I encourage you all to maintain the rage...

I think Goran Pandev and the wider Macedonian community deserve an on-air apology from Simon Hill, who was hosting that particular segment on 'Fox Sports FC'.

I don't think an apology on their website is sincere enough, if 'Fox Sports FC' is positioning itself as a credible football program in Australia, its producers need to accept responsibility for this alleged 'mistake', the error was committed on television and that should be the same vehicle that delivers the apology.

Comment

• osiris
                  • Sep 2008

you are right phoenix an apology and a correction on air is the least they can do.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                    • Nov 2009

The table that they showed on Fox Sports FC.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                      • Oct 2009

UMD commends the Australian-Macedonian community for ensuring this is corrected and we hope that Fox Sports will apologize on the air. Bravo for your efforts! United, We Can!
                      For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                      http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                      Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                      Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                      Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Yeah, thanks for your contribution.

Back to the actual topic, notice how it says Bulgarian national team and then Republic of Macedonia's national team, why? It must be so difficult for some of these clowns to utter Macedonian national team. All this formality where it concerns the Macedonians, and applied to nobody else.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

'Fox Sports FC' has delivered the on-air apology on tonights show.

The host of the program Simon Hill delivered the apology...

Well done to everyone who contacted the show and kept up the pressure.

We shouldn't leave it at that, please follow up by sending Fox Sports a message of thanks for rectifying the problem in a timely and sincere manner...

Lets show people who the Macedonian's are, that we're not prepared to be fucked around but at the same time we're fair and respectful people.

Comment

• Bij
                            • Oct 2009

can someone get this on youtube?

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

This is brilliant

Well Done Guys, even Maknews is proud.
                              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

Working...
                              X