In 1953 Greece wanted to transfer 50,000 "Macedonians" to Yugosaliva!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Niko777
    • Oct 2010

In 1953 Greece wanted to transfer 50,000 "Macedonians" to Yugosaliva!

The CIA recently released secret documents, one of them from 1953 states that Greece wanted to transfer 50,000 "Macedonians" (those who stayed in Greece after the Greek Civil War) to Yugoslavia!!!

Document: https://www.cia.gov/library/readingr...00200001-7.pdf
  • vicsinad
    • May 2011

Excellent find.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

That is gold!
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

But there were no "Macedonians" in 1953 according to the Greeks from the 1980's .....

And then in the 1990's there was no Northern Greece, it was Macedonia.

And Greece didn't want to tell Tito directly because talking about "Macedonians" didn't help them.

And USA was asked to do the Greeks a favour.

Quite explosive in my opinion.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Stojacanec
          • Dec 2009

Very damning report.

Greeks should be exposed for their lies under the title "The Non Greekness of Macedonia"

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            But there were no "Macedonians" in 1953 according to the Greeks from the 1980's .....

And then in the 1990's there was no Northern Greece, it was Macedonia.

And Greece didn't want to tell Tito directly because talking about "Macedonians" didn't help them.

And USA was asked to do the Greeks a favour.

Quite explosive in my opinion.
            There seems to be a lot of talk about "minorities" in the report as well...another sticking point for the bullshitting greeks, considering they deny the existence of "minorities" other than the 'muslim minority' or whatever their fanciful description is...perhaps one of our resident plate smashing friends can shed their twisted view on this...???

Comment

• vicsinad
              • May 2011

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              perhaps one of our resident plate smashing friends can shed their twisted view on this...???
              Basically, where's Amphipolis to discredit this source or justify Greek bigotry?
              Last edited by vicsinad; 01-23-2017, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                1. But there were no "Macedonians" in 1953 according to the Greeks from the 1980's .....
                2. And then in the 1990's there was no Northern Greece, it was Macedonia.
                3. And Greece didn't want to tell Tito directly because talking about "Macedonians" didn't help them.
                4. And USA was asked to do the Greeks a favour.
                5. Quite explosive in my opinion.
                1 & 2. This isn’t so, as I have explained more than once or twice.
                3 & 4. If you go to this link https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs you can search CIA documents with keywords Greece and Macedonia and then filter by year. There are many (50 per year) documents of various types, lengths and qualities. For some of them, it looks worse than yellow press (You won’t believe what [blank name] told me) but maybe this is how secret services work. For instance I saw telegraphic documents as short as 5 lines saying Bulgaria is invading Greece the next week.

5. I don’t find it so explosive or impressive. It’s hard to say if this is a trick, or if there was really such a discussion or plan in the Greek political scenery, one would have to search in the Greek press of the time. Less than 10 years before this document the Chams (all of them) had been deported to Albania, so the thought is not beyond belief but that doesn’t mean much.

There seems to be a lot of talk about "minorities" in the report as well...another sticking point for the bullshitting greeks, considering they deny the existence of "minorities" other than the 'muslim minority' or whatever their fanciful description is...perhaps one of our resident plate smashing friends can shed their twisted view on this...???
                As above, there’s a difference between minorities and legally recognized minorities with certain provisions about them. As you know There is only one such minority in Greece the Muslims of Thrace.

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                Basically, where's Amphipolis to discredit this source or justify Greek bigotry?
                Based on the telegram the [blank name] would be someone speaking of the Greek Government (Minister or connection). The content seems neither fully believable nor unbelievable, something in between or a tactic move.

Comment

• vicsinad
                  • May 2011

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                  1 & 2. This isn’t so, as I have explained more than once or twice.
                  3 & 4. If you go to this link https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs you can search CIA documents with keywords Greece and Macedonia and then filter by year. There are many (50 per year) documents of various types, lengths and qualities. For some of them, it looks worse than yellow press (You won’t believe what [blank name] told me) but maybe this is how secret services work. For instance I saw telegraphic documents as short as 5 lines saying Bulgaria is invading Greece the next week.

5. I don’t find it so explosive or impressive. It’s hard to say if this is a trick, or if there was really such a discussion or plan in the Greek political scenery, one would have to search in the Greek press of the time. Less than 10 years before this document the Chams (all of them) had been deported to Albania, so the thought is not beyond belief but that doesn’t mean much.

As above, there’s a difference between minorities and legally recognized minorities with certain provisions about them. As you know There is only one such minority in Greece the Muslims of Thrace.

Based on the telegram the [blank name] would be someone speaking of the Greek Government (Minister or connection). The content seems neither fully believable nor unbelievable, something in between or a tactic move.
                  This is the best you can do? It looks like a vacation from the forum made you a little rusty.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                    This is the best you can do? It looks like a vacation from the forum made you a little rusty.
                    LOL, sorry to disappoint you. This is the link to search in old Greek newspapers:

but there are several issues. For the newspaper "Macedonia" (the biggest one in Macedonia) for 1953 there are only 2 days (14-15 October). Still, one can find (too) many articles about the Macedonian Question if interested in the other years of the 1950s (I used Slavomakedones as a keyword). So, it won't be easy to find something specific about this CIA story and I'm not familiar with the ephemeral issues and discussions of 1953, only the generic state of things.

Lastly, the keyword "Deportation" does not help much as this is the era of massive deportations of Greeks from Constantinople.

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                      ...there’s a difference between minorities and legally recognised minorities...
                      ...lol...only in greece.

Comment

• Karposh
                        • Aug 2015

Pfft...The CIA are such dumb asses. Obviously, if a minority is not legally recognised by the state then it fails to exist. D'uh!

Comment

• Dejan
                          • Sep 2008

...lol...only in greece.
                          Made me chuckle also. So humans need a law to legally exist? What a time to be alive
                          You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Philosopher
                            • Sep 2008

I thought SoM banned Amphipolis? I take it was a temporary ban?

A good and valuable find.

Transferring a non-existent ethnic group with no legally recognized minority rights without a whimper of ethnic cleansing from the international community? This could only be Macedonians.

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
                              Made me chuckle also. So humans need a law to legally exist? What a time to be alive
                              What is really scary for me is the abundance of greek donkeys out there and even those routinely grazing on straw in this forum who are totally oblivious to the absurdity of the shit above...somehow in the vacuum that exists in their skulls, it all makes perfectly good sense...

Comment

Working...
                              X