X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Komita
    • May 2009

Is it just me or...

Does anyone else feels that there aren't any bright future for our people and country..?
    I mean our birthrates are catastrophic, more and more young people are leaving Macedonia and never returning, many who I personally know.
    Myself and many are feeling complete apathy towards the macedonian cause because of the complete situation..
    Second of all I'm seeing in the diaspora less and less inter-marriages between macedonians, I'm seeing less and less people from the diaspora on vacation in Macedonia, I remember a couple of years ago Ohrid, Bitola were packed with young macedonians from US, Sweden, Australia, now I see less and less each year. Many have become less interested, I don't know it feels the younger generations that are coming are completely not interested in anyway about Macedonia, both those living in ROM and those in the diaspora.
    Слава му на Бога за се
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

It is not the homeland of/for Macedonians.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

you couldv'e easily have mistaken them as they are looking kind of albanian.They are getting what they want their own homeland in another country called greater albania.There they really fly the albanian flag and even drape buildings with it we call it macedonia.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Komita View Post
        Does anyone else feels that there aren't any bright future for our people and country..?
        I mean our birthrates are catastrophic, more and more young people are leaving Macedonia and never returning, many who I personally know.
        Myself and many are feeling complete apathy towards the macedonian cause because of the complete situation..
        Second of all I'm seeing in the diaspora less and less inter-marriages between macedonians, I'm seeing less and less people from the diaspora on vacation in Macedonia, I remember a couple of years ago Ohrid, Bitola were packed with young macedonians from US, Sweden, Australia, now I see less and less each year. Many have become less interested, I don't know it feels the younger generations that are coming are completely not interested in anyway about Macedonia, both those living in ROM and those in the diaspora.
        Komita
        No it's not just you. Anyone with half a brain can see how things have changed. Worse still you have young ones calling themselves Greek Macedonians! budali edni!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Komita View Post
          Definitely not just you feeling this way, and there are more examples that can be added to the above. The question is, what can be done to turn the situation around? Macedonians from the Diaspora will continue to visit the fatherland, of that I have no doubt, but I equally have little doubt that their experiences (at least a large portion of them) fall far short of expectations when they actually do visit, and by this I mean they expect to see a proud (in the patriotic sense) people like their parents who emigrated, and instead they are confronted with a people who have interests that reside in matters outside of the Macedonian Cause. I don't mean to generalise because I know that there are genuinely patriotic people in Macedonia, but I don't believe one needs to live in Macedonia to be proud of their heritage. Those that do live there are the custodians of what is supposed to be the national home of all Macedonians, and so long as most Macedonians in Macedonia continue to sit idly by and do nothing, vote criminals into power and view the perceptions of their brethren who live outside of Macedonia as 'naive', 'extreme', etc, the situation will continue to deteriorate. I believe the solution lies somewhere in the combined efforts of Macedonians (from both in and out of Macedonia) working together.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Komita
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            Definitely not just you feeling this way, and there are more examples that can be added to the above. The question is, what can be done to turn the situation around? Macedonians from the Diaspora will continue to visit the fatherland, of that I have no doubt, but I equally have little doubt that their experiences (at least a large portion of them) fall far short of expectations when they actually do visit, and by this I mean they expect to see a proud (in the patriotic sense) people like their parents who emigrated, and instead they are confronted with a people who have interests that reside in matters outside of the Macedonian Cause. I don't mean to generalise because I know that there are genuinely patriotic people in Macedonia, but I don't believe one needs to live in Macedonia to be proud of their heritage. Those that do live there are the custodians of what is supposed to be the national home of all Macedonians, and so long as most Macedonians in Macedonia continue to sit idly by and do nothing, vote criminals into power and view the perceptions of their brethren who live outside of Macedonia as 'naive', 'extreme', etc, the situation will continue to deteriorate. I believe the solution lies somewhere in the combined efforts of Macedonians (from both in and out of Macedonia) working together.
            You are correct, but the truth is all young people I've been speaking too in Macedonia are planning or want to leave the country.
            Just go on the biggest macedonian forum "kajgana" and the biggest topics are about leaving and how to leave the country.
            The youth is totally disinterested in anything else and too be honest are more "westernized" then myself and many others that lived in a western country all our lives.
            Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

• vicsinad
              • May 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              It is not the homeland of/for Macedonians.
              I guess then the question is: can it be?

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

It probably could be if the macedonian people wakeup from their mindset of just giving in and comprimising themselves.If they had pride in their national identity.The fact is they can be if they want to and reverse the situation.THere are many instances that the govt could take to protect macedonian soveregnity.Its never too late to do something but the work will be much harder to achieve.A linking with the diaspora would be most helpfull not the current sham of token voting.THe diaspora could be used to the govt's and macedonian people's advantage.Afterall we all want our own homeland.Not only this but a reunited macedonia of all parts as one whole country.Not only can but why not.?
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Nikolaj
                  • Aug 2014

I actually see a bright future for Macedonia. I am visiting again next year July. The last time I went was in 2011, unlike my sister who goes almost every second year.

I personally believe Macedonians should stop hiding behind their government. This is the first step to achieve success.

I also think they don't care about the situation enough because they are more focused on somewhat enjoying themselves and creating a brighter future. Little do they know with enough Macedonian unity, all their dreams of a better economy and full recognition of their ethnic identity could be achieved.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

If were going the way were going were pretty much fucked up.We should stop take long good look at ourselves and take positive action.
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Redsun
                      • Jul 2013

Why do they want to go west?

I live in Australia, I cant see how there negative attitudes could make a positive contribution here.

If they cant do anything for themselves in the republic, I dont expect them to be anything but useless here.

Comment

• sydney
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Redsun View Post

I live in Australia, I cant see how there negative attitudes could make a positive contribution here.

If they cant do anything for themselves in the republic, I dont expect them to be anything but useless here.
                        Harsh but fair. I feel the same way.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post

What about the opposite, you positive Australian? Can you do anything useful in the East? Are you willing to?

Comment

• Redsun
                            • Jul 2013

You are not genuine, your post is drenched in sarcasm.

My post number #12 is in response to post #6 concerning the intentions of the youth wanting to leave the Republic of Macedonia.

You ask "what about the opposite?" That would mean that I would want to leave Australia, correct?

I dont intend to leave this country for another. Your comparision is senseless, your post is a waste... Are you looking for suggestions on how to leach more money out of your diaspora cousins and friends that live elswhere.

What is it Amphi? Do you believe positivity comes in the form of an investment?

I will leave one day in a positive manner, with my head high.

These young people want to leave their country through the back door with their heads down, and their tails between their legs.
                            Last edited by Redsun; 12-22-2014, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Redsun
                              • Jul 2013

Why are the youth asking these question's on this kajgana forum, why not ask here?

Do they feel ashamed? Why so?

Comment

Working...
                              X