X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grtalx
    • Mar 2010

Macedonian Internatinal Soccer Tournament

There's an international movement to have a multi-national soccer tournament in Skopje this summer (2018). It's sponsored by Birthright Macedonia and Boots for Balkans and maybe other organizations.

I understand they want to recruit amateur soccer players from Australia, Canada, the USA and elsewhere whereby each country brings a team to Macedonia to play one another and play with native Macedonian teams.

Great way to bring Macedonians from around the world to the Republic.
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

I like that idea
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• grtalx
      • Mar 2010

This is going to be a big event in Skopje.

Teams from the Diaspora (Australian, Canadian and American) playing against each other and against native Macedonian teams. All are amateur players. Professionals not allowed.

More info can be obtained at: [email protected] or [email protected]

Comment

• grtalx
        • Mar 2010

Just heard there's an effort to organize a soccer team from the UK for the Macedonian soccer games.

Damn, this may be the start of the Macedonian equivalent of the Maccabiah Games that brings so many young Jews together from around the world.

Check out their website and see what the potential can be for us Macedonians.

Comment

Working...
        X