• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toothpaste
    Banned
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
    There is evidence to support this theory if they really look for it.

There is an ancient Greek Vase, with of course, Greek letters on it, which is non-sensical in ancient Greek, and makes perfect sense in of course, Slavic.

This is "one piece" of evidence of a Slavic language in the lower Aegean.

Oh mine...

where is this vase ?
    A picture plz?

Comment

• makedonin
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by toothpaste View Post
      Oh mine...

where is this vase ?
      A picture plz?
      Even though I would argue if this text is 100% accurate, it would help you to learn what the oter mean with it:

Russian Texts on the Ancient Greek Vessel Drawings

by the way, don't blame us, it is the Russians that write such a text, go and fight them cause they steal your history
      Last edited by makedonin; 09-17-2008, 02:40 AM.
      To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
        I would really like to have Jus Divinium's work regarding the Genetic relationship added to our forum.
        Jus Divinum produced some really good stuff.

I really liked his stuff about Orbini, and his references to the Macedonians using a Slavic langauge.

Orbini provides some clues as too where he saw this mentioned, so it obviously exists in other Latin rennaisance texts. It would be great to trace this valuable information.

Comment

• Delodephius
          • Sep 2008

I think of what vase this is about. If it really is about that particular vase than it is pretty much all bullshit.
          अयं निज: परो वेति गणना लघुचेतसाम्।
          उदारमनसानां तु वसुधैव कुटुंबकम्॥
          This is mine or (somebody) else’s (is the way) narrow minded people count.
          But for broad minded people, (whole) earth is (like their) family.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Anyone would think that Slav ... sclavus ... schiavo ... ciao is ridiculous.
            But then we see "servus" in German.

More will come of this theory as the world will one day be interested in why half of Europe has a variation of a Slavic language. For us not to know more is in my mind a conspiracy theory waiting to unfold.

When we learn the Germans are called "Nemci" in our languages and deemed to have nothing, no voice etc. It makes me wonder what has been wiped our from our collective history, only to be replaced with the Anglophile view in the Western world.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Constellation
              • Jul 2014

Paleolithic Continuity Paradigm

What are your thoughts on the Paleolithic Continuity Paradigm (theory)?

What are your thoughts on Mario Alinei's works? In particular:

Slavs are indigenous in the Balkans

Author: Mario Alinei
              Filed: 03/10/2003, 14:15:52
              Source: Origini delle lingue dEuropa, Vol. I: La teoria d

Here are some excerpts of Dr. Mario Alinei’s study concerning the Slavic populations in the Balkans. It is congruent with Dr.Florin Curta’s conclusions about the invention of the “arrival of the Slavs in the Balkans”.

“I have to commence by clearing away one of the most absurd consequences of the traditional chronology, namely, that of the ‘arrival’ of the Slavs into the immense area in which they now live. The only logical conclusion can be that the southern branch of the Slavs is the oldest and that from it developed the Slavic western and eastern branches in a differing manner and perhaps at different times.”

“Today only a minority of experts support the theory of a late migration for the Slavs… because none of the variant versions of such late settlement answers the question of what crucial factor could possibly have enabled the Slavs to have left their Bronze-Age firesides to become the dominant peoples of Europe. The southwestern portion of the Slavs had always bordered on the Italic people in Dalmatia, as well as in the areas of the eastern Alps and in the Po lowlands.”

“The surmised ‘Slavic migration’ is full of inconsistencies. There is no ‘northern Slavic language’, it is rather only a variant of the southern Slavic… The first metallurgic cultures in the Balkans are Slavic… and connected with Anatolia… Slavic presence in the territory, nearly identical to the one occupied by them today, exists ever since the Stone Age… The Slavs have (together with the Greeks and other Balkan peoples developed agriculture… agriculturally mixed economy, typically European, which later enabled the birth of the Greek, Etruscan, and Latin urbanism. Germanic peoples adopted agriculture from the Slavs… The Balkans is one of the rare regions in which a real and true settlement of human groups coming from Anatolia is proven…].

REFERENCES
              Mario Alinei, Origini delle lingue d Europa, Vol. I: La teoria della continuit, Il Mulino, Bologna, 1996;

Vol. II: La continuit delle principali aree etnolinguistiche dal Mesolitico all et del Ferro, Il Mulino, Bologna, 2000.

BIOGRAPHY

Mario Alinei is Professor Emeritus at the University of Utrecht, where he taught from 1959 to 1987.

Founder and editor of “Quaderni di semantica” review.

He is president of “Atlas Linguarum Europae”.

Comment

• Constellation
                • Jul 2014

The only logical conclusion can be that the southern branch of the Slavs is the oldest and that from it developed the Slavic western and eastern branches in a differing manner and perhaps at different times.”
                This statement, coupled with scientific evidence, seems to suggest that the southern Slavic language (perhaps Macedonian or proto Slavic ) spread north similar to Arabic and Spanish spreading West to unrelated peoples.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Constellation you have been warned about sharing one sided comment on the slavs.The slavs did not just come in the sixth or seven century.Yes the slavs came to Macedonia but not just Macedonia in the whole of the Balkans.The way the good dovtor presents it as if there was a one huge migration.This is a false assumption.We have had various vistations from all sorts of settlers ,romans ,celts etc .They did no more influence to theidentity of the Macedonians.To keep dwelling on its slav influence is another falsehood,WE have had Slavic influence prior to the Slavic vistations.Constellation you have been warned stop posting one sided publications.The slavs weren't the only people to come to the Balkans.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Constellation
                    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                    Constellation you have been warned about sharing one sided comment on the slavs.The slavs did not just come in the sixth or seven century.Yes the slavs came to Macedonia but not just Macedonia in the whole of the Balkans.The way the good dovtor presents it as if there was a one huge migration.This is a false assumption.We have had various vistations from all sorts of settlers ,romans ,celts etc .They did no more influence to theidentity of the Macedonians.To keep dwelling on its slav influence is another falsehood,WE have had Slavic influence prior to the Slavic vistations.Constellation you have been warned stop posting one sided publications.The slavs weren't the only people to come to the Balkans.
                    George, I don't think you understand the post. The Paleolithic Continuity Paradigm does not argue Slavs came only to Macedonia. Nor does it argue Slavs migrated to the Balkans at all. The theory is that the ancient Balkan people, including possibly the Macedonians, originally spoke a language that we would now consider "Slavic", but it was not called "Slavic", because the people called it Macedonian, or Illyrian, or what not. In time, these languages or a proto version thereof spread north, west, and east.

Yes, the Balkans, including Macedonia, Greece, Bulgaria, etc have been invaded by different ethnicities throughout history. The Balkans are mixed, as much of the world is. There is probably no pure race people on this earth. And no one is arguing that invasions in Macedonia and the Balkans in general influenced the identity of today's Macedonians.

Mario Alinei is arguing against the Slavic Migration Theory.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

nstellation if anyone is missing the point is you that the greeks for the last 100 years have been portraying that the so called Macedonians since the 6 or 7 th invasion ARE NOTHING BUT SLAVS,Its very important to distinguish this >this is the biggest propaganda bs to come from Greece.Greece actually believes in Macedonia there are ONLY SLAVS.This is the point we are telling you not to indulge too heavily as this bs propaganda by the greeks has been exemplified in higher learning circles that today's Macedonians are slavs.That 's why we are telling you to stfu (shut the fuck up as its going to bring up all this bs propaganda.You are confusing the issue to bring up Illyrian and Macedonian and predispose that they are either one of the same or similar.
                      Yes iun your statements you say that there are many visitations from various ethnicities that you claim one as Slavic but you fail to mention that throughout this Macedonia has kept its identity .So in effect no damage to our identity.Constellatioon you are boring the shit out of us by bringing up old theories about slavs and Macedonians.IYou are highlighting the Slavic issues too much. can tell you that the slavs had the same influence as other ethnicities coming into the Balkans.
                      Last edited by George S.; 07-22-2014, 04:39 PM.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Constellation
                        • Jul 2014

nstellation if anyone is missing the point is you that the greeks for the last 100 years have been portraying that the so called Macedonians since the 6 or 7 th invasion ARE NOTHING BUT SLAVS,Its very important to distinguish this >this is the biggest propaganda bs to come from Greece.Greece actually believes in Macedonia there are ONLY SLAVS.This is the point we are telling you not to indulge too heavily as this bs propaganda by the greeks has been exemplified in higher learning circles that today's Macedonians are slavs.That 's why we are telling you to stfu (shut the fuck up as its going to bring up all this bs propaganda.You are confusing the issue to bring up Illyrian and Macedonian and predispose that they are either one of the same or similar.
                        Yes iun your statements you say that there are many visitations from various ethnicities that you claim one as Slavic but you fail to mention that throughout this Macedonia has kept its identity .So in effect no damage to our identity.Constellatioon you are boring the shit out of us by bringing up old theories about slavs and Macedonians.IYou are highlighting the Slavic issues too much. can tell you that the slavs had the same influence as other ethnicities coming into the Balkans.
                        I don't think a rationale, objective, analysis of this thread can be construed in a such a manner as you have. It is amazing how you wrote so much about nothing. Frankly, your posts in this thread have nothing to do with this thread. I'm bewildered on what you are writing.

Comment

• Gocka
                          • Dec 2012

That is interesting, and really hits at the questions that I never could find answers to. I've asked myself so many times, how could these "Slavs" from the north dominate such large territories, eradicate the culture and ethnicity of so many people, when up until the time of the supposed migration, they were far more primitive and undeveloped, not only culturally, but as a single functioning society. We are taking about cultures that were around for hundreds of years, cultures of very tough warrior tribes who even the Persians with all there armies could not dominate. Yet somehow the primitive "Northern Slavs" who were basically nomads and lived in small settlements, had no standing armies, these were the eventual conquerors of centuries old civilizations?

Also if the people who inhabited the Balkan are indigenous, then why still use the term "Slav" to describe them? What is a Slav? The way I always understood it was that "Slavs" were the peoples who originated from the Steppes of Ukraine. Why is that terms thrown around so much? The author says that the peoples of the Balkan region are indigenous, well then in that case they are not "Slavs".

I think one day, the Slav migration theory will be all but extinct. The more and more that period of history is revisited, the more scholars come to realize that a migration in the manner that is commonly accepted today just doesn't make any sense.

Not to mention there are already many Russian writers, past and present who openly admit that their language, culture, and religion originates from the south.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

gocka our friend constellation wants to know about slavs,yet he won't listen as there are no real answers yet he likes to parade theories about slavs as if its gospel.
                            How does one explain what you said its unexplainable.Also even deeper how does one explain the Slavic influence from the earliest of times.????????
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Constellation you have been poppooing people's ideas about the slavs.Where did they co.me from???I kmow where the slavs originated from??I do know the particular slavs were of a particular level.These particular slavs came from a certain part when they migrated.You don't know that there was a map here posted at the mto threads showing the different levels of slavs.You don't know this do you know that.I have just about given up on you you are a lost soul asking the same silly questions ,you haven't convinced anyone of your claims.I know for a fact about slavs I'll admit I don't know how they influenced macedonians in prehistory but I know where they came from and the types of slavs.A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN YOU WOULD KNOW.YOU show no respect for others you will never learn.Stop posting the same shit again and again you were warned.
                              Last edited by George S.; 07-22-2014, 11:54 PM.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Toska
                                • Sep 2008

Constellation you have been poppooing people's ideas about the slavs.Where did they co.me from???I kmow where the slavs originated from??I do know the particular slavs were of a particular level.These particular slavs came from a certain part when they migrated.You don't know that there was a map here posted at the mto threads showing the different levels of slavs.You don't know this do you know that.I have just about given up on you you are a lost soul asking the same silly questions ,you haven't convinced anyone of your claims.I know for a fact about slavs I'll admit I don't know how they influenced macedonians in prehistory but I know where they came from and the types of slavs.A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN YOU WOULD KNOW.YOU show no respect for others you will never learn.Stop posting the same shit again and again you were warned.
                                i see nothing wrong with what is posted, its clearly saying that slavic migration is made up, that all the people of the balkans are indigenous to the area,that todays slavic languages stemmed from Macedonia, so realistically its a Macedonian dialect half of europe is speaking, if you disagree with this your agreeing with greeks, that we are newcomers the area.

Comment

Working...
                                X