• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Macedonian heros rise from the dead

Welcome to everyone to this new thread.

What i whant to start here is puerly, a place where macedonians can post old photographs of family members or people they knew that were involved through the macedonian strugle from any part of the world. Many are unheard of to you and me, but here is a chance to aknowledge the fallen war heros and put a face to the strugle macedonians endured during The second world war and the independace fight in Ejgesko Makedonia. They are lost but should not be forgoten. So i want to Thank our Macedonian Heros that have made a diferance and did not die in vain.

PS: Some sort of write up telling us who they were and what they did will be nice. Also does not have to be only war heros, anyone that was macedonian during the 20th century was a hero.

And please, this is not a political arguing thread. It will be like a shrine of rememberance. :rmacedonia
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Let me take this opertunity to start. Enjoy.

I would like to dedicate this to a relative of mine, Jani Kiprov. Jani was a Macedonian Hero who Battled against Greek facism and for freedom of Macedonia During the mid 1940. He was only at a young age of 19 when he lost his life at the hands of Greek brutal, inhumane facist regime. There are many cases just like Jani Kiprov. You will not find Jani Kiprov in any history Book or internet site, None the less, he is a Macedonian hero as all the fighters are, Just like Goce Delcev or Jane Sandanski. With this dedication, i wish to put a face on this hero for all to see and a story to tell for all to read, so Jani's eventual demise was not in vain and that he is part of history.

THANK YOU JANI KIPROV AND TO ALL YOU MACEDONIAN HEROS

Breif story about Jani Kiprov:
    At the age of 17 he and a freind were arested and jailed by the Greek facist police only because they spoke macedonian in public. two days after Jani was bailed out for a heafty price, the same law enforces came knocking on there family home door. Jani was not home at the time but a warrant was handed to his parents, to hand him in with in 24 hours otherwise the family will pay for it. What a terible altimatum the parents had. That same day, the Macedonian partizans got the family and smuggled them over the border to Bitola for there own safety. Jani as a gesture of apreiciation decided to join the freedom fighters and not long after his family were transfered to Bitola. (this photo of Jani holding his baby brother was taken the day Jani left his family to fight for the macedonian cause and that was the last they seen of him)

THE DAY HE WAS KILLED:

He was sent down from the hills, to go down to his village, to pick up suplys such as food and water for his unit. Little did he know that there was a informer in the village
    who notified the Greek army. This army whaited and captured him as he aproached his village. They held him down and decided to decaputate him and they draged his torso seperate to his head behind a horse thrugh the village. A kind of barbarian act you see lately hapening to British and US soldiers in iraq and Mogadishu. There intention was to scare the villagers so not to side with the macedonians. Whats also sad is, his Neighbour who was related thrugh family (tetin) came out with the axe and handed it to the Greek slaughterers in a gesture to show he is on the Greek side. He later had the nerve to go to bitola and droped to his knees, asked Jani's parents for forgiveness.

While they were parading Jani thrugh the village, his auntie ran out of the house with a blanket and dived on top of Jani's head and torso and began to wail over him. The Greek General at the time pushed this poor lady aside and proceeded with a terror inflicting speach to the villagers. He was Then taken away and never again seen or known the were abouts of his remains. After recent enquiry, i had to find some sort of closure for his family and asked the locals of that village, what they know if anything about Jani in particulor and the fallen soldiers. The only information i got was that Jani Kiprov was buried in a mas Grave which nobody knows where. A kind of mass Grave you have seen and heard that hapened in Bosnia and other parts of Former Yugoslavia. Till this day, his family still are not alowed to visit there old village and the place they lost there brother, uncle, Great grandfather.
    Hmmmmmmm Democracy.
    Attached Files

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
      • Jan 2009

Bill77,
      There are many stories like this..many Macedonians ended up in the hands of evil..
      My condolence to your family and what they had to go thru and what they saw...

Here are some other stories of Macedonians that went thru hardship by the Greeks

Macedonian Stories
      RETURNING HOME TO MACEDONIA Mid July 2007 we arrived at the Athens airport and went through the EU gate. As we were arriving from another EU country, there was no passport check. We caught a bus into Athens and went to our hotel. It was about 40 degrees Celsius. Athens was very hot, crowded, dirty with piles of garbage on
      The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• VMRO
        • Sep 2008

My grandfather was killed in the war against the Greeks, i will not call it a civil war, as a civil was is a war that is fought amongst the same type of people, it was in reality a war between Macedonians and Greeks.
        Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• 777Bitola
          • Sep 2009

This doesn't really contribute to the thread but I had a Great Great Grandfather who was murdered for being rich, although i really never knew from who. Living close to the now Greek border. It could of been the Ottomans, Macedonian thiefs, or Greeks. From what i've been told.

Comment

• Spartan
            • Sep 2008

^^Killed for being rich? Sounds like communists could be a possibility as well.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

i had a Dedo who was captured in the fight with the turks & others transported to Tirana Albania tortured & killed.It goes to show man is very brutal to each other & very barbaric as well.The families suffered hell of a lot with their missing relatives.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bij
                • Oct 2009

I cant say any of the above about my family. They fled from Egejsko and settled in around Bitola very early on in the 19th century i believe..

The first location of the village they settled in was right on Via Egnatia, so they got pillaged by every group travelling through. they eventually retreated further in to the mountains to hide from these savages.

Comment

• 777Bitola
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                  ^^Killed for being rich? Sounds like communists could be a possibility as well.
                  Actually i found out it was Ottoman Turks soldiers for wanting gold from him. He refused and they hung him.

Comment

• Jankovska
                    • Sep 2008

My gran's dedo was killed by the Bulgarians in his own home. The whole family went hiding in the mountain of Kalin Kamen but he was old and blind and couldn't go, didn't want to slow them down. He also said he will not leave his house empty for the enemy to just take it.
                    When they returned days from the mountain they found him on the porch, dead, birds and flies around him. He wasn't a war hero i have to say but he never gave up his home. i think that takes a lot of guts

Another one I want to mention, one from our present is my cousin and an amazing young person, Goran Stojanovski, who was killed in 2001.
                    May he rest in peace, he died a hero

Comment

• Pelister
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                      My gran's dedo was killed by the Bulgarians in his own home. The whole family went hiding in the mountain of Kalin Kamen but he was old and blind and couldn't go, didn't want to slow them down. He also said he will not leave his house empty for the enemy to just take it.
                      When they returned days from the mountain they found him on the porch, dead, birds and flies around him. He wasn't a war hero i have to say but he never gave up his home. i think that takes a lot of guts

Another one I want to mention, one from our present is my cousin and an amazing young person, Goran Stojanovski, who was killed in 2001.
                      May he rest in peace, he died a hero
                      http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...10/cst.11.html
                      Truly amazing.

There are so many Macedonian heroes (good, honest, simple folk) who were slaughtered for nothing.

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Today is the 70th anniversary of the Normandy landing.
                        I came across this bit of information by chance.

PANDE MATEVSKI

If Spielberg that rediscovered the beaches of Normandy to the large public through the original story of Private Ryan, than the tradition of the legendary stories inspired by the great battle on D-Day continues, but this time from a surprising new source, a local Macedonian story.

The premiere of the short documentary “Private Ryan from Bitola” was held on the 30th of May 2014, in the City of Bitola, Macedonia. The movie retraces the life story of Pande Matevski, the only soldier from Macedonia who participated and perished in the battle on D-Day.

The documentary starts in 1914 in Bitola, Macedonia where Pande was born. The Balkan wars and the First World War left Bitola destroyed and in an impoverished state. The Matevski family led a modest life, but faced with hard living conditions, some of the family members moved to America in quest for better life, as many Macedonians in that period. Among them were Pande Matevski and his younger brother Petar. But, when they reach the “dream land”, America decides to join the allied forces in the Second World War and the brothers are recruited in the American army. Destiny ships them off to the beaches of Normandy. Their involvement in D-Day proved tragic for Pande who lost his life in the battle. His body is transferred from Normandy to America, and later to Bitola.

Pande Matevski’s grave is in his home town and his story is only known by the locals. It is our hope that through this short documentary his name will be remembered as one of the heroes who gave their lives for freedom.

With the opening of the Western front in Europe, the invasion of Normandy is considered today as a decisive battle in World War II history because it’s the turning point that leads to the capitulation of Germany. The beaches as well as the territory of Normandy will forever bear the scars of those historic happenings. From that day on, the date 6th June will resound in the thoughts and memories as an arduous battle for France as well as the rest of the World. The testimonials of this war are of legendary proportions and contributed to transcend this military operation in the after-war as a symbol of peace and reconciliation.

The story of Pande is replaced in this unique historical context that joined so many young men under the same flags in the name of freedom. This movie is a commemoration; a symbol of that collective history lived by nations of the whole world on the beaches of Normandy, and is shared by many men and women. This film is not Spielberg’s and this documentary is not a blockbuster. However it is precisely in this sense that it holds an even greater importance. It is an homage to this Macedonian story that is encrypted in the testimonial of the greater World history.

The local initiative to film this story is supported by the Decentralised Cooperation between the Lower Normandy and Macedonia, coordinated by ALDA. This initiative contributes to the 70th anniversary of the Normandy Invasion – the D-Day. This year, on June 6, the Lower Normandy region will host an international commemoration that will reunite the veterans who fought on the beaches of Normandy, as well as many leaders of the countries which participated in the battles.

Inspired by this historical moment, which forever changed the Europe’s faith, and following the 100 years of the beginning of the WWI, the Lower Normandy Region and the Republic of Macedonia will reinforce their cooperation, focusing on the themes in common, such as: Memory, peace, and reconciliation; Cultural Heritage and Human Rights.

For more information, please visit the official blog of the Private Pande Matevski’s life and the official site of the Decentralised Cooperation Lower Normandy - Macedonia.
                        http://www.alda-europe.eu/newSite/news_dett.php?id=1029
                        Here is a good site showing photos of Pande Matevski and the Normandy landing.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

an amazing story,i would like to say my grandfather fought the turks prior to the Balkan wars they captured & took him to Albania along with others .They tortured them& killed them.In the end its the same sacrificing their lives for freedom.
                          Last edited by George S.; 06-06-2014, 03:12 PM.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                          X