X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vicsinad
    • May 2011

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
    - Adjective: Of the Republic of North Macedonia, of North Macedonia or Macedonian

URL:
    https://kanal5.com.mk/articles/36649...tet-makedonski
    Why would we do that?

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
      Why would we do that?
      Za da im dokazime deka sme bivsi jugoslovenski severomakedonci...pickaim majcina. Abre mazi sme ili sto?
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• vicsinad
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
        Za da im dokazime deka sme bivsi jugoslovenski severomakedonci...pickaim majcina. Abre mazi sme ili sto?
        Isto e koga nekoj kje im kazhe deka ne e FYROM, tuku e "The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" according to some UN agreement. Where's the dignity?

Comment

• Carlin
          • Dec 2011

Macedonian Foreign Ministry wants to stop the use of the adjective “North Macedonian”

URL:

The Macedonian Foreign Ministry prepared a note for media outlets in which it lays out detailed instructions on what words to use to describe the country, its people and culture, especially the adjective “Macedonian”, and strictly banning the use of the adjective “Northmacedonian”. The note may put Macedonia on a collision course with Greece, which also issued a note of its own.

According to the Macedonian note, institutions such as the Foreign Ministry, the Government or the President, should only be referred to as the “Government of the Republic of North Macedonia” or the “Government of North Macedonia”. Use of both “Macedonian” and “Northmacedonian” to describe these institutions is forbidden. The same applies to private subjects who are funded by the Government.

But, the word Macedonian must be used whenever the Macedonian people or the Macedonian language are referred to. In the Prespa treaty, Greece accepted the use of the word Macedonian to describe the language, while insisting that the nationality is “Macedonian/citizen of the Republic of North Macedonia” and that the term “nationality” does not apply to the ethnic background, but only to the citizenship.

The Macedonian Government assured Greece that it agrees with this definition, but would then also assure Macedonians that the Prespa treaty guarantees their national identity and that with it Greece accepts that Macedonians are Macedonians. This case of doublespeak is not clearly resolved in the two notes. The Greek note agrees that the institutions will have to be referred to as of the “Republic of North Macedonia” or “North Macedonia” and merely repeats the formulation on the nationality which is contained in the Prespa treaty.

The adjective “Macedonian” is to be used when relating to ethnic and cultural identity of the people, our language, history, culture, heritage, territory and other attributes. Such terms in this context are distinctly different from those used and related to the region of Macedonia in Greece, the Macedonian note declares, adding the following examples: “Correct examples: Macedonian ethnic identity; Macedonian language; Macedonian culture; Macedonian territory; Macedonian people; Macedonian history, Macedonian mountains; Macedonian literature; the Macedonian Cyrillic alphabet; Macedonian food; Macedonian churches etc. Incorrect: Other adjectival references, including “North Macedonian”, “Northern Macedonian”, “N. Macedonian” and “NorthMacedonian”, should not be used”.

The battle over the adjectives was one of the most pronounced elements of the name issue which the two Governments believe was settled with the Prespa treaty. Bulgaria is also closely following the process as it doesn’t recognize the Macedonian nation and language as separate from the Bulgarian. Using the name “North Macedonia”, which was imposed to the country despite not being approved at a referendum and after intense pressure was put on the Macedonian Parliament, may lead to the development of adjectives such as “North Macedonian, which the Ministry of Foreign Affairs insist will not be allowed.

As part of the deal with Greece we have agreed not to describe any state body as North Macedonian. Anything connected to the state, the government, the presidency, private entities and actors related to the state or activities financed by the state abroad will use the adjective North but it is not necessary to use it otherwise, for example for food. So, our country is run by the Government of North Macedonia, our head of state is the President of North Macedonia, foreign affairs are run by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of North Macedonia and so on. North Macedonia should also be used for all other official bodies too, for example, local municipalities and Saints Cyril and Methodius University. For example: “Tetovo is a municipality in North Macedonia where it is common to hear people speak in either Macedonian or Albanian. Likewise: “Saints Cyril and Methodius University is the oldest university in North Macedonia. I went there to do an interview about the Macedonian economy.” Again, be careful – not North Macedonian. Yes, it is complicated, but it took us 27 years to get to this agreement!, the note declares.

Comment

• Carlin
            • Dec 2011

Yet another outburst of hate by Kammenos.

Kammenos: No threat from North Macedonia, it’s ‘a 20-minute job’ if tanks pass through

URL:
            Former defence minister Panos Kammenos lambasted the Prespes accord in a new television interview late Wednesday night, suggesting Greece could take over the small country in 20 minutes.

Former defence minister Panos Kammenos lambasted the Prespes accord in a new television interview late Wednesday night, suggesting Greece could take over the small country in 20 minutes.

“We do not feel any threat. Skopje is a 20-minute job. If a troop of tanks decided to cross the border, it will reach the other side of Skopje. It will reach Serbia,” he was quoted as telling Greek TV channel TRT.

Comment

• Niko777
              • Oct 2010

Kammenos: No threat from North Macedonia, it’s ‘a 20-minute job’ if tanks pass through
              How many minutes does it take for Turkey to invade Greece?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Before the name change they were scared Macedonia was going to take over all of northern Greece. The lying little C grade actors they are.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  Before the name change they were scared Macedonia was going to take over all of northern Greece. The lying little C grade actors they are.
                  Exactly what I thought when reading this. Almost three decades of lying to the world that they’re concerned Macedonia has territorial aspirations toward “their” northern region and now this. Fucking vultures.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    Exactly what I thought when reading this. Almost three decades of lying to the world that they’re concerned Macedonia has territorial aspirations toward “their” northern region and now this. Fucking vultures.
                    Yeah you and RTG said it, and I too thought exactly the same thing when I read the article.

They have almost spent 3 decades playing the victim and generating artificial fear mongering that Macedonia will one day have territorial aspirations on Aegean Macedonia. Its no secret Macedonia cant even defend itself, let alone invade another country.

Would love to see Turkey steam role these mutt armeniod Turkslavs in 20 minutes

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                      • Oct 2011

Yes I know the figures are sourced from Sitel but thought it relevant to show how public opinion is currenlty being conveyed

http://www.ekathimerini.com/238066/a...eal-poll-shows

Public divided in North Macedonia over name deal, poll shows

Public opinion in North Macedonia is divided over the Prespes agreement with Greece, according to a recent survey in the neighboring country.

More specifically, the poll, conducted on behalf of the Sitel TV channel, showed that 44.6 percent said they felt positively about the accord against 45.6 percent who said they had negative feelings about it.

However, a significant 59.5 percent said they believe the deal will have a positive impact on relations between the two countries.

Moreover, 57.7 percent expressed belief that both countries will implement the deal.

Around half (50.5 percent) of those surveyed said they thought the government in Skopje did a good job during the negotiations with Greece against 40.7 percent who said it didn’t. Another 49.2 percent said they believe the name deal will make it easier to travel to Greece.

Meanwhile, opposition parties in Greece reacted angrily to a BBC report on Sunday that referred to a Macedonian minority in Greece that speaks the Macedonian language.

Diplomatic sources in Greece refuted the claim of a Macedonian minority and said the government will send a letter in protest to the BBC.

Concern was also raised in Greece by a letter sent by the North Macedonian Foreign Ministry to local journalists with instructions that the language of the country and the nationality of its citizens will both be called Macedonian – as is stipulated in the Prespes agreement.

There was also consternation in Greece after the publication of the note verbale that Skopje had sent to the United Nations two weeks ago with regard to the country’s acronyms MK and MKD.
                      “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• JPMKD
                        • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
                        Yes I know the figures are sourced from Sitel but thought it relevant to show how public opinion is currenlty being conveyed
                        The realities of the deal are sinking in though. Well to be fair, it's still early. no one has come in and told them what to think yet!
                        (Yes, still cynical.....)
                        I am encouraged a small amount by the memorandum's and the BBC "issue"
                        Not a Northadonian

Comment

• JPMKD
                          • Mar 2016

Yet another outburst of hate by Kammenos.

URL:

“We do not feel any threat. Skopje is a 20-minute job. If a troop of tanks decided to cross the border, it will reach the other side of Skopje. It will reach Serbia,” he was quoted as telling Greek TV channel TRT.
                          Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                          How many minutes does it take for Turkey to invade Greece?
                          Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                          Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                          Yeah you and RTG said it, and I too thought exactly the same thing when I read the article.

They have almost spent 3 decades playing the victim and generating artificial fear mongering that Macedonia will one day have territorial aspirations on Aegean Macedonia. Its no secret Macedonia cant even defend itself, let alone invade another country.

Would love to see Turkey steam role these mutt armeniod Turkslavs in 20 minutes

I was thinking along those lines as well. I mean even if the Serbs hadn't taken the hardware and radar at the initial split, it's still a silly thing for them to have legit worried about.
                          I recall a political cartoon from a Greek newspaper around 2004/2005 that had a few Macedonian troops rushing over the border backed by US tanks......(I think this was around the time the US was building the way too big embassy)
                          Not a Northadonian

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Watch Zaev coach Angusev on the new name. Poor bastard is confused. They can probably drop the whole "Republika" bit now. That was part of the secret plan to demonstrate how smart we are by distinguishing between the Republic of Macedonia and the three Greek provinces of Macedonia.

If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Carlin
                              • Dec 2011

Hellenic Air Force Protects North Macedonia’s Airspace

URL:

The Hellenic Air Force will assume the supervision and protection of North Macedonian airspace. The proposal has been made by the Greek Defence Minister Evangelos Apostolakis to his North Macedonian counterpart Radmila Sekerinska. This development came into public spotlight after the Minister Sekerinska’s recent interview at the Third Channel of the Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation (ERT-3).

Greece has already assumed the protection of Albania’s and Montenegro’s airspace. The North Macedonian Minister claimed that contrary to previous governments in Skopje, the present looks forward into greater cooperation with the Greek defence authorities and the most recent development pinpoints towards this direction. Minister Sekerinska also dismissed allegations of rising Turkish influence within the neighbour’s armed forces given that the June 2018 Prespes Agreement explicitly prohibits this development from taking place.

In his recent interview at the Greek press, Defence Minister Apostolakis confirmed Athens’ intentions to assume the reorganisation and modernisation of the neighbour’s armed forces. The Greek Defence Minister underscored that the Prespes Agreement and North Macedonia’s accession to NATO allow Greece to deepen cooperation ties with the neighbouring state’s armed forces and defence industry, on the basis of reciprocity. The Greek Minister concluded his statement arguing that cooperation schemes such as the one established with the northern neighbour facilitates our country’s ambition to become a pillar of security in the Balkans and broader Eastern Mediterranean region.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                                • Jan 2009

Hellenic Air Force Protects North Macedonia’s Airspace

URL:

The Hellenic Air Force will assume the supervision and protection of North Macedonian airspace. The proposal has been made by the Greek Defence Minister Evangelos Apostolakis to his North Macedonian counterpart Radmila Sekerinska. This development came into public spotlight after the Minister Sekerinska’s recent interview at the Third Channel of the Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation (ERT-3).

Greece has already assumed the protection of Albania’s and Montenegro’s airspace. The North Macedonian Minister claimed that contrary to previous governments in Skopje, the present looks forward into greater cooperation with the Greek defence authorities and the most recent development pinpoints towards this direction. Minister Sekerinska also dismissed allegations of rising Turkish influence within the neighbour’s armed forces given that the June 2018 Prespes Agreement explicitly prohibits this development from taking place.

In his recent interview at the Greek press, Defence Minister Apostolakis confirmed Athens’ intentions to assume the reorganisation and modernisation of the neighbour’s armed forces. The Greek Defence Minister underscored that the Prespes Agreement and North Macedonia’s accession to NATO allow Greece to deepen cooperation ties with the neighbouring state’s armed forces and defence industry, on the basis of reciprocity. The Greek Minister concluded his statement arguing that cooperation schemes such as the one established with the northern neighbour facilitates our country’s ambition to become a pillar of security in the Balkans and broader Eastern Mediterranean region.
                                For a financially unstable and backwards shit hole, Greece has done very well for it self. It has puppet states in cyprus, northern macedonia, albania - and has a strong ally serbia in the region.

Very different to Northern Macedonia which has given away everything to its neighbours in blind faith to join EU.

Basically Northern Macedonia is the whore of the balkans and the laughing stock of the world.

Ironic Greece has pretty much invaded and conqured Northern Macedonia without firing a single bullet. Greece controls northern macedonias airspace, its media and history books, its politicians - while the mindless NPCs (non playable characters) from Northern Macedonia continue to rush to greece every summer for holiday and fantasize of owning a holiday house in greece

Comment

Working...
                                X