X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rogi
    • Sep 2008

The Macedonian Cause

This thread is solely devoted to our combined efforts in defining the Macedonian Cause. Please post your feedback, additions and changes in this thread. The moderators will edit this first post to include your changes until we have all agreed on a complete, perfect, unwavering and timeless definition of the Macedonian Cause.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Macedonian Cause

The Macedonian Truth Organisation calls on God in Heaven to protect, bless and guide the endeavour it is committing to undertake, and that is to work towards:

Ensuring Macedonia is a free, independent and democratic republic in which sovereignty lies with the Macedonian citizens; is the nation-state of the Macedonian people from which they can preserve their culture, language and identity; is the home of all its citizens to which it guarantees their freedoms and rights emanating from natural law and obliges the fulfilment of their responsibilities also emanating from natural law;

The acknowledgment as self-evident and irrefutable the existence of the:

1) Indigenous, ethnonational name of Macedonia;
    2) Macedonian people, language and identity;
    3) Macedonian culture, symbols and folklore;
    4) Macedonian ancestry, heritage and history in its entirety; and
    5) Macedonian Orthodox Church;

Securing recognition by the International Community of the tragedies endured by the Macedonian people, of the division of Macedonia with the signing of the Treaty of Bucharest on August 10, 1913, and the genocide committed against the Macedonian people at the hands of the Greek, Bulgarian and Serbian states and their respective churches during the 19th and 20th centuries;

Securing the abolishment of any existing laws, regulations, acts and agreements that discriminate against the Macedonian people, in any of the countries of the International Community where such laws, regulations, acts and agreements exist, and thereby ensuring the freedom for Macedonians to practice their culture, language and religious faiths in all the countries of the International Community without hindrance;

The empowerment of Macedonians to undertake a moral revolution and to instil and/or reinvigorate within themselves a deep-rooted national, cultural, linguistic and historical dignity;

The recognition of the Macedonian minorities in the neighbouring states of Macedonia as well as the respect for the Rights and Freedoms of the Macedonian minorities, as provided for by natural law and by the United Nations Charter and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights;

The full and unreserved respect of, and the support for, the Rights of all people of non-Macedonian descent living in Macedonia and around the world, who share a reciprocal full and unreserved respect for the Macedonian people, their homeland and their state;

The cultural unification and solidarity of the Macedonian people living in all parts of Macedonia; the Republic of Macedonia, Aegean Macedonia, Pirin Macedonia, Mala Prespa, Golo Brdo and Gora, as well as Macedonians throughout the world;

The unity of all Macedonians in Macedonia and throughout the world, on the principles, objectives and achievement of the Macedonian cause as defined by this declaration.

Last edited by Risto the Great; 03-21-2011, 06:47 PM. Reason: Updated consistent with Constitution of MTO Inc.
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

With this definition, we will be able to ask a simple question to anyone who purports to be fighting for our Macedonian cause ... Are you with us, or against us?

For this reason, this process should receive the best of your attention folks. Rogi has arrived at the need for this document through a very well conceived thought process. If we dwell on the significance of this document, it should occur to all of us that compromise will only ever be done as long as there are no violations to the Macedonian cause.

Please read the cause as defined above for 10 minutes. Then spend 10 minutes thinking of alterations or additions. It could be the best thing you will ever do for Macedonia.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Copied from another thread:

I would say part of the cause is to offer minorities within Macedonia no greater rights than those offered by countries who have embraced UN charters etc. Which includes winding back the Ohrid Agreement for its obvious reverse discrimination aspects.

Independent Media.

Empowerment of native Macedonians to liberate themselves from enslaved or victim mindsets.

.... Amongst other things that will inevitably come to mind with continued focus on this important issue.

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
      I like the suggestion of empowerment of Macedonians to liberate themselves from the victim mindsets, perhaps we could quote Delchev in that too.

I'm not sure about the Independent Media though and whether that should be in the definition of the Macedonian cause, it's more so something that should be in the Constitution of the Republic of Macedonia.
      I believe the cause should be committed to deconstructing the Ohrid Agreement. I know this is controversial due to its internationally sensitive connotations, but the cause (in my mind) is committed to reversing the attack on our sovereignty. I guess it comes to whether we are talking about the cause right now ... or something that will always be relevant. In my mind, the issue of the Ohrid Agreement is too important not to address.

The media issue is probably not part of "the cause". You are correct. However, the cause should be committed to rectifying issues that are inconsistent with the cause. This is perhaps more all encompassing and will have a more timeless nature about its applicability.
      Risto the Great

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

I will give myself the freedom to translate this on Macedonian and to spread it, to see how much our opinions vary.

Would you mind Rogi and the rest of you?
        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

That would be awesome Bratot.
          The translated text should be on this thread as well.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Bratot
            • Sep 2008

Македонската Кауза

Создавањето на Република Македонија, како слободна, демократска, независна и суверена држава, како национална држава на Македонците, на македонската култура, јазик и идентитет.

Градењето на Република Македонија како сигурна, стабилна, економски просперитетна и богата држава, држава, којашто се грижи и овозможува услови за наоѓање на љубовта и основање на семејството, со услови за лично развивање, здравје и благосостојба, која овозможува високо образование, која ги гарантира меѓународно признатите права и слободи и осигурува континуитет на задоволни генерации Македонци, кои живеат во и надвор границите на Република Македонија, како и сите лојални граѓани на Македонија од не-етничко македонско потекло.

Безусловно признавање и прифаќање на:

1) Неменливост на Уставното име на Република Македонија,
            2) посебниот македонски јазик,
            3) уникатната македонска култура, македонските симболи, фолклор и етнички идентитет,
            4) на целата македонска историја и нејзиниот континуитет, како и
            5) на сите македонски кралеви и владетели, револуционери, писатели, поети и сите херои на македонската историја од македонската етничка припадност, како и
            6) на македонската православна црква,

од Меѓународната заедница, државите соседи на Република Македонија и на македонскиот народ.

Меѓународно признавање на трагичната судбина на македонскиот народ и злосторот кој е извршен, особено од рацете на грчката, бугарската и српската држава и нивните црковни пропаганди, соодветно, со поделбата на Македонија во Букурешт 1913 година.

Да се стави крај на дискриминацијата на секој еден Македонец било каде на Светот на колективно (Држава,Црква како и организации или групи) или индивидуално ниво, како и укинување на сите дискриминирачки закони, правила, процедури или актови против македонскиот народ во соседните држави на Република Македонија.

Признавањето на македонските малцинства во соседните држави на Република Македонија, како и почитување на правата и слободите на македонското малцинство, како што е предвидено во Повелбата на Обединетите нации и Универзалната декларација за правата на човекот.

Културното и националното обединување на сите Македонци, кои живеат на целата територија на Македонија, во Република Македонија, Беломорска Македонија, Пиринска Македонија, Мала Преспа и Голо Брдо и Гора, како и на Македонците во целиот свет.

За единството на сите Македонци во Република Македонија и во целиот свет, на принципите, целите, во постигнувањето на македонската кауза, како што е посочено во текстот на овој документ.
            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bratot
              • Sep 2008

I would also add this doc

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

I would add here

The international recognition of the tragedies of the Macedonian people and horrors committed against the Macedonian people, specifically at the hands of the Greek, Bulgarian and Serbian states and churches, respectively, leading up to and since the division of Macedonia by the Treaty of Bucharest.
                Some of the worst atrocities committed by the Greeks against the Macedonians occured prior to 1913.

Comment

• Rogi
                  • Sep 2008

I'm very happy with the way this thread is progressing!

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                    I'm very happy with the way this thread is progressing!
                    I must say this was a very good initiative on your behalf Rogi!
                    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Pelister, 100% correct with the prior to 1913 reference.

We (unfortunately) need to address the minorities in Macedonia in one way or another. They were dealt with in every one of our uprisings.

Do we need to even mention Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria? ... should we just refer to the adjoining countries that shared the spoils of a partitioned Macedonia. They are not worthy of our mention.
                      The international recognition of the tragedies and horrors of the Macedonian people, specifically by the hands of the adjoining countries and churches that shared in the spoils of a partitioned Macedonia pursuant to the ill-conceived Treaty of Bucharest.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Bratot
                        • Sep 2008

I agree with Risto about his proposal and I would also change the sentence saying:

1) the unchangeable Constitutional name of the Republic of Macedonia,
                        into

1) Our unchangeable national, ethno-cultural and historic name of Macedonia

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                          I agree with Risto about his proposal and I would also change the sentence saying:

1) Our unchangeable national, ethno-cultural and historic name of Macedonia
                          Agree completely, there's too much reference to 'constitutional' this or that, we should be speaking in terms of historical truth, historical right to our name.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

Ok, I've made some edits to the original first post, added in something about non Macedonian groups (whether they are minority or not) also added the suggestion about the name (as opposed to using the word Constitutional), also added Paul's suggestions on the attrocities committed against Macedonians from before 1913.

Have another read of it, and keep your suggestions flowing. This is fantastic.

Comment

• Bratot
                              • Sep 2008

I am bringing you the voices of the Macedonians the new opinion is about the national symbols to be defined for use in the text.

Comment

Working...
                              X