• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Christoff View Post
    There Is No Right Way to Do Something Wrong
    That is one of the smartest things anyone has said on this forum.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

EU US Double Standards

I am really getting sick of standards that are set for Macedonia, yet not expected and excused for other nations.

I wish to start this thread and build on it by adding examples, inorder to keep exposing the unjust caused to Macedonia and Macedonians around the world.

There have been many examples and information in the past scattered over many threads (and i am sure there would be many in future) which we should file into this one thread for safe keeping and easy access. I feel its important for the world to see and one day in future, this information may become beneficial to our cause.

So please, if you come across a old post or new, that shows the west being hypocritical, copy and paste it here (i will save this thread on my signature) and lets document and expose these scums.

Here is the first example and most recent.

Latvia's No to Minority Language; EU, OSCE don't say a word

Tuesday, 21 February 2012

40% of Latvia's population are ethnic Russians who have a stamp in their Latvian documents that says "foreigner", despite being born there.

After the emergence of the right-wing coalition government, a group of nationalists, seemingly emboldened by their success in marginalizing the country’s largest political party, started to collect signatures for a referendum that would force all publicly financed schools to use Latvian as the sole language of instruction (i.e. a referendum that would legally ban any Russian-language instruction).

Although this mean-spirited and petty attempt to antagonize Russian-speakers ultimately failed, its organizers weren’t able to get enough signatures, it prompted a group of ethnic Russians to organize a counter-referendum to make Russian an official language.

The referendum failed, as expected, Russian would not be one of the official languages in Latvia. Also, 320,000 Russians were not given the chance to vote, because they haven't passed their Latvian language exam to obtain citizenship.
      This is of no concern to the EU, or OSCE because Latvia is a member of the EU, hence no minority rights or any sort of minority laws apply any longer.

Why is Macedonia relevant?

Knut Vollebćk who pretends to be a High Commissioner on National Minorities for the EU, never ever paid a visit to Riga to perhaps ask why is that 40% of Latvia's population can not use their mother tongue?

The same Knut Vollebćk did an emergency landing in Macedonia to calm "ethnic tensions"... because of masks worn during a Carnival whose tradition dates back 1,400 years.

We also failed to see any appeals from EU Ambassadors in Latvia warning Riga to respect the Russian minority!

Laws do not apply once you become an EU member?
      Last edited by Bill77; 02-21-2012, 05:50 PM.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

i allready heard on the radio how latvia refused to recognize a dual language of russian & latvian.Why couldn't macedonia do that.It must be a country's sovereign right to have one language not two..If you recognize one minority then you have to let all of them.It gets a bit too ridiculous for words.Also you have the situation the albanians don't want to learn or speak macedonian.What do we do force them??
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Zarni
          Banned
          • May 2011

Good Thread I will try to add some Material

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Its not that laws do not apply once you are in the EU, its that Latvia exercises its sovereignty and Macedonia does not. Macedonia has defaulted its sovereignty to whoever wants to meddle in its affairs.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

U.S. President George W. Bush has made it clear the war against terrorists will be unremitting and relentless. Even those countries affording shelter to terrorists will not be spared. These words come too late for the Serbs, Gypsies, Jews, Turks and other non-Albanians who have been driven from their ancestral homes in Kosovo by the terrorist Kosovo Liberation Army. It is too late as well for Macedonia, which has been forced by the United States, the European Union and NATO to yield to all the demands of the Albanian terrorists in that country.

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...6&postcount=37

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Here is a incident and post from the past.

EU countries should end the forcible return of Roma and other minorities to Kosovo, Amnesty International has said. In a report published Tuesday, Amnesty gives details of how Roma (Gypsies) are returned to Kosovo, "often in the early hours of the morning with nothing but the clothes they are wearing"
                http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11417814
                One of our members replied with the following statement which sums up the point i would make regarding double standards.

"Our Government brought in a law that allows to keep them into Macedonia until they decide to return voluntarily.

The EU and USA left us with over 300,000 refugees from Kosovo, they almost collapsed our economy yet they have the nerve to accuse us of human rights issues.

Talk about double standards, they are kicking them out like dogs while we are accused for not giving human rights".

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

The killer of the children at the school in Toulouse and French soldiers, wanted to bring France to its knees. This was stated by President Nicolas Sarkozy at the farewell ceremony at Montauban to the dead soldiers.

He expressed confidence that the killer who committed the heinous crimes will not escape retribution.
                  http://english.ruvr.ru/2012_03_22/69188219/
                  Yet when terrorists (Albanians) in Macedonia wants to bring Macedonia to its knees by killing police and soldiers and terrorising and murdering civilians.......not only would France (West) label these "terrorists" a lesser more acceptable title "Rebels" But they warn and threaten the Macedonian government not to take out retribution and infact, bribe the government to make these terrorists to run the country.

Ok Nick, set an example and stop your hypocritical crap and allow Mohammed Merah escape retribution and lets classify him as a "Rebel" who is rebellious, and resisting by force, renouncing your governments policy towards Palestine and Afghanistan.

And how about you make him your potential vice in this up coming ellections? You stinking piece of shit.

For clarity, i am being sarcastic with Mohammed Merah issue and i am not condoning what he did. He needs to face justice, but so should have many Albanian terrorists. I am merely making a tongue in cheek comment trying to expose some double standards.
                  Last edited by Bill77; 03-21-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

it's all ridiculous ,perhaps when we become a minority in our own country that we probably behave like the albanians.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

EU Threatens to Tax Steel Tubes From Ukraine, Turkey, Macedonia

The European Union threatened to impose tariffs on steel tubes from Ukraine, Turkey and the Republic of Macedonia to curb competition for EU producers.

The EU opened a probe into whether Ukrainian, Turkish and Macedonian exporters of welded tubes, pipes and hollow profiles sell them in the bloc below cost, a practice known as dumping.

The goods, also called hollow sections, are used by the construction industry as well as in ships, cranes, trucks, farm equipment, metal furniture, windows and toys. The inquiry excludes tubes, pipes and hollow profiles made of cast iron or stainless steel as well as line pipe and tubing used in the oil and natural-gas industries.

The investigation will determine whether the shipments from the three countries are “being dumped and whether the dumped imports have caused injury to the union industry,” the European Commission, the 27-nation EU’s trade authority in Brussels, said on March 31 in the Official Journal.

The commission has nine months to decide whether to impose provisional anti-dumping duties for half a year and EU governments have 15 months to decide whether to apply “definitive” levies for five years.
                      The dumping inquiry stems from a Feb. 16 complaint by a group on behalf of EU manufacturers that account for more than a quarter of the bloc’s production of welded tubes, pipes and hollow profiles, according to the commission, which didn’t identify any producers.

In 2009, the EU ended a threat to impose anti-dumping duties on these goods from Ukraine, Turkey and Belarus after the same producer group -- the Defence Committee of the Welded Steel Tubes Industry of the European Union -- withdrew a dumping complaint. At the time, EU producers included the U.K.’s Corus Group (CS/), Italy’s Marcegaglia SpA and Spain’s Condesa Fabril SA.
                      Sorry EU.
                      Here is the deal.
                      Your little experiment that exists to service everyone in eUtopia is failing. Countries can and will produce far more efficiently if they exist outside of the EU. The fact that countries outside of the EU can produce these goods more cost effectively shows how ineffective the EU is.

You seek to impose the same limitations on aspiring EU nominee countries. Macedonia should run not walk from your invitation.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

the eu has got to find the money to pay it's debts.One way is to ripp off non members & aspiring members.Macedonia should learn to be standing on her own two feet & make her own way without theE. union.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Stojacanec
                          • Dec 2009

For a candidate country we are being further ostracized by the EU. First due to Grease and now because of our competitive advantage.

Macedonia should forget about this game with EU and concentrate on building alliances with the future economic powerhouses in China and India.

Comment

• Zarni
                            Banned
                            • May 2011

Comment the article people I have

Comment

• DedoAleko
                              • Jun 2009

EU Report on Macedonia for accession talks

4th in a row EU Report calls on Macedonia to start accession talks

The European Commission (EC) has once again recommended opening of Macedonia's accession talks, encouraging the Council of EU to act on this without further delay, reads a draft-report on the country's progress toward membership in 2012.

The draft, obtained by Mak media in Brussels, states that Macedonia was granted candidate status in 2005. "In 2009, the Commission assessed that the country sufficiently met the political criteria and recommended the opening of negotiations. This recommendation was reiterated by the Commission in 2010 and 2011 and now in 2012," reads a draft of the Enlargement Strategy, which includes summaries of the progress reports on Croatia, Montenegro, Serbia, Albania, BiH, Kosovo, Turkey and Iceland.

"The Commission strongly believes that moving the accession process of this country to its next stage is necessary in order to consolidate the pace and sustainability of reforms, in particular as regards the rule of law as well as to strengthen inter-ethnic relations. The region as a whole would benefit," it is noted.

Moreover, the Commission acknowledges that the country continues to fulfil its commitments under the Stabilisation and Association Agreement (SAA). "The Commission maintains its proposal to move to the second stage of the association and encourages the Council to act on this without further delay in line with the relevant provision of the SAA," according to the draft-document.

"The country continues to sufficiently meet the political criteria. The government has put the EU agenda at the centre of its activity. The High Level Accession Dialogue (HLAD) with the Commission served as a catalyst for accelerating reforms and has contributed to substantial progress in a number of key policy areas. The government has submitted proposals to the Parliament for improvement of the legislative framework for elections and, in the area of freedom of expression, for the decriminalisation of defamation. The first government review of the implementation of the Ohrid Framework Agreement provides a useful tool for strengthening inter-community dialogue," reads the draft-report.

The Commission urges the reform momentum to be sustained in all areas of the political criteria in particular to ensure implementation, whereas the rule of law, including as regards freedom of expression, needs to be strengthened.

"The roundtable process of dialogue between the government and the Association of Journalists should continue to be a useful forum for addressing key challenges relating to the media. Tension between communities following violent incidents in the first half of 2012 caused concern. The government responded with maturity to this challenge and needs to build on this to further strengthen inter-ethnic relations and reconciliation, also in light of the debate concerning the status of victims of the 2001 conflict," says the report.

The EC progress report on Macedonia also focuses on the name issue, elaborating that "it remains unresolved as we approach the 20th anniversary of the entry of Fyr Macedonia into the United Nations. A dialogue under the auspices of the UN has been on-going since the 1990s and it is complemented since 2009 by bilateral contacts, including at Prime Ministerial level." However, it is emphasised, these processes have so far not yielded any results.

The judgement of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) is also mentioned in the EC report.

"In December 2011, ICJ found that Greece had breached its Interim Accord with the country by objecting to its admission to NATO at the Bucharest Summit in 2008. Maintaining good neighbourly relations, including a negotiated and mutually acceptable solution to the name issue, under the auspices of the UN, remains essential. A solution needs to be found without further delay. Actions and statements which could negatively impact on good neighbourly relations should be avoided," concludes the draft-report.

The EC progress report on Macedonia will be officially presented on Wednesday in Brussels.

izvor: http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/21955/1/

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

The EC progress report on Macedonia also focuses on the name issue, elaborating that "it remains unresolved as we approach the 20th anniversary of the entry of Fyr Macedonia into the United Nations. A dialogue under the auspices of the UN has been on-going since the 1990s and it is complemented since 2009 by bilateral contacts, including at Prime Ministerial level." However, it is emphasised, these processes have so far not yielded any results.
                                On the contrary, the results have been astounding. Macedonia is the only member of the UN that is not treated the same as the rest of the member nations.

Still we have pressure for a solution. Disgusting.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X