Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

The bear market plus oil being so cheap is a great for my large short position in Tesla. Ill wait another week before closing that out then I will buy a large position in Disney, and a couple more yet to be determined. I think Ill make out like a bandit.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

I think the bear market is now a meerkat market.
      Blood on the floor .... I bought up too early!
      Tempted to grab more.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• VMRO
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        Tempted to grab more.
        I believe it has further to go.

Tempted to buy Westfarmers & maybe A2 milk shares if they drop a bit more.
        Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Gocka
          • Dec 2012

Definitely way too early. Friday will be brutal next week will probably be bad too. I would wait until the the week after that to see how things are going. Even then I worry that we will have a nice bounce as the Corona situation improves but then when the true economic impact is realized and quantified the market will take an even bigger dump. We were already in euphoric territory because of central banks providing very low interest rates. The market was bound to correct even before the virus fears. Ride the short term bounce post virus then go to cash and wait for the second negative wave to pass.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Tempted to grab more.
            We are yet to reach peak madness...the US is only just ramping up, wait for the riots and people taking up arms and using them, that will mostly happen in the US, when downtown LALA land is burning and looting becomes the norm you'll know you're at rock bottom...

Comment

• Gocka
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              We are yet to reach peak madness...the US is only just ramping up, wait for the riots and people taking up arms and using them, that will mostly happen in the US, when downtown LALA land is burning and looting becomes the norm you'll know you're at rock bottom...
              I live in a relatively sparsely populated area for the region of the US I live in. My town has about 8,000 people, while my state is almost 9 million. I live at least 40 minutes from more populated metro areas, about an hour from NYC. In a town of 8000, we have many very large grocery chains, the shelves are already empty. In more populated areas there is already rationing being put in place because people are coming in and buying everything up. This is all in a state of 9 million with maybe 50 cases reported. What happens when there are 5,000 or 50,000 cases.

The shit has yet to hit the fan. Friday's stock market rally was pure bullshit.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Just saw the lines of people looking to buy guns and ammo in USA.
                At least we only buy toilet paper when we shit ourselves here.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Gocka
                  • Dec 2012

Just saw the lines of people looking to buy guns and ammo in USA.
                  At least we only buy toilet paper when we shit ourselves here.
                  I genuinely fear the panic more than the virus. These fuckers are nuts.

I cant wait to see the market open tomorrow. Its going to be a big swing, which way is anyone's guess at this point. The Fed stimulus should make the markets happy, but at the same time they may interpret that move by the Fed as a desperate one and that the outlook is bleak.

I have an open credit line with a 200k limit and a 3.5% interest rate. Last week I was debating taking out a 100k and making some investments, now it seems too damn risky because you can't get a read on sentiment and who knows what the fundamentals will be 2-3 months down the road. I thought Friday was going to be a brutal sell off and it ended up being the largest ever single day gain.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

I place USA in the same category as poor countries in relation to documenting the virus. I simply do not believe their statistics. Getting tested is akin to a luxury over there. When I see places like the Philippines with small numbers, it only suggests their system does not have the resources to track this.

I think the financial landscape will change for generations after this. I expect extremely protectionist policies and a complete rethink on globalisation.

I threw some more money into the market late last week, but I am done now. I don't smell joy in any of this for a long time to come.
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Carlin
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                      I genuinely fear the panic more than the virus. These fuckers are nuts.

I cant wait to see the market open tomorrow. Its going to be a big swing, which way is anyone's guess at this point. The Fed stimulus should make the markets happy, but at the same time they may interpret that move by the Fed as a desperate one and that the outlook is bleak.

I have an open credit line with a 200k limit and a 3.5% interest rate. Last week I was debating taking out a 100k and making some investments, now it seems too damn risky because you can't get a read on sentiment and who knows what the fundamentals will be 2-3 months down the road. I thought Friday was going to be a brutal sell off and it ended up being the largest ever single day gain.
                      Indeed. Stock futures have plunged.

Comment

• Gocka
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                        Indeed. Stock futures have plunged.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/st...220735000.html
                        This is surreal. Thank god I didn't buy anything last week. Tesla being down almost 20% is softening the blow a little for me but I've basically wiped out all my gains for the last year. If its down any more I'm eating into my principal.

Best you can do now is ride it out, and if the situation improves and if you have any liquidity buy in on the uptick.

Comment

• Carlin
                          • Dec 2011

Airlines to request $50B bailout from U.S. Government

Comment

• Gocka
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                            Airlines to request $50B bailout from U.S. Government
                            Who is going to bail me out when my business grinds to a halt. I didn't make billions these last few years to tide me over.

Same shit as 08, bailout all the big businesses and take away regular peoples homes.

Comment

• Carlin
                              • Dec 2011

Treasury Secretary warns US could see 20% unemployment rate due to coronavirus

From CNN

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin warned Republican senators Tuesday that the coronavirus pandemic could drive up US unemployment to 20%, a Republican Senate source told CNN.

Comment

• Carlin
                                • Dec 2011

Stock market live updates:
                                The stock market's roller coaster week continues as investors continue to worry about the coronavirus outbreak. We have the latest updates on the Dow, S&P 500, companies and more.

Stocks remain in the red at midday, with investors awaiting a White House press briefing with President Donald Trump and the coronavirus task force.

During yesterday's press briefing, stocks extended their gains.

The Dow is down 5.6%, or 1,200 points.
                                The S&P 500 is down 5%.
                                And the Nasdaq Composite slipped 3.9%.

Comment

Working...
                                X