X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Greek and Bulgarian Music and culture

I was given a idea for a thread after someone posted A hilarious Bulgarian send up of a Macedonian song. This would be a good place to build a colection of Music and culture that are ither originaly from Bulgaria and Greece or stolen by our Neibours.

Here is that Bulgarian send up that was posted on the Macedonian Folk songs Thread, enjoj.

YouTube - Ork.Kristal Feat.Toni Dacheva - Tri Kila Banani
    Last edited by Bill77; 12-20-2009, 11:12 PM.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Here is some Greek culture. I showed this to a turkish friend if he had any coments or history about this particulor instrument these sons of s Socrates are playing. Its posible that it is a Greek instrument i honestly don't know much about it. The folowing was his response.

O.o Oh my God! The insturment they're playing is from Trabzon, which was an empire in Anatolia by the Black Sea (I'm not really sure though). And it is a possible that it might be Greek insturment, since the empire named by Turks as Trabzon Rum Empire and "Rum" means "Balkan people" mostly used to define Greeks. But I'm just guessing. Even though, ... See MoreTrabzon is a city now and the insturment may even found after Ottomans take over the place.

OK, bear with me here. Byzantium was Catholic, right? They were pressuring Trabzon to convert them to Catholic from Orthodox. So they asked help from Turks and we gladly agreed (to seperate Catholics from Orthodox even more). And in time they were assimilated. I dont know if the insturment founded before or after the Ottoman "protection" but it is a possibility.

However, there are really huge similarities between Turks and Greeks. They think most of Turkish traditions are actually belong to them, therefore they cant be Hellenic. They are 40% Turk. Ugh, even the thought sickens me :P

Modern Greeks that came from Pontus and Anatolia.

YouTube - Modern Hellenic Culture

PS, i never knew that Grouco Marx was Greek or evan play a Trabzon lol

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Rum was used to refer to all Christians, especially of the eastern variety (Orthodox). Those Anatolian peasants could have been speaking Armenian or some Semitic language before Otto's Hellenic Kingdom of the 19th century and the forced 'Romanisation' of the Rum millet by the Greek-speaking clowns in robes from Constantinople.

Bulgaria's "history" of music is a joke, most of their older and traditional songs are Macedonian, and they even make copies of later songs too. Many of their new songs are copied directly from Serbia. I remember one Bulgar mentioning the popularity that Ceca has in Macedonia, yet when I questioned him about the concerts that Lepa Brena had made in Bulgaria, he disappeared.

It's the same story time and again, the idiots among the populations of our neighbours never seem to remember their own shortcomings, yet are quick to highlight anything that doesn't fit 100% with their view where it concerns Macedonia. Useless fools who will all become irrelevant as time goes by.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

"So we have essentially the entire national identity built on lies: we are all sons of Socrates (but not gay)."

say no more

Ohhh and there is nothing wrong with it. Each to his own.

YouTube - MISTER GAY GREECE VIDEO 1

Comment

• Wanderer
          • Nov 2009

Nice thread.I was thinking of making a thread ,just for uploading Music,whatever kind ,from Rock to anything else,but this is ok,too.

I cant help in Greek Traditional music,since I was never interested in this,but i have some real good Greek Rock Music

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

This Guy.... or IT is the Biggest Thing in Bulgaria since sliced Bread. Infact he is also populor in the whole Balkan region. What i want to know is, The language he is singing, is it in Bulgarian. I know Bulgarian is Diferant from Macedonian, But i can't see how we are anywhere near this language like some claim it to be. Honestly, i would understand a chinaman with his nuts being pressed in a vice clearer than this Bloke....woman.....It.

YouTube - Azis - Nakarai me NEW 2009 HQ

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Bill, remember that while some Macedonian dialects may have received outside influence during the Yugoslav days, Bulgarian has received heavy Russian influence since at least the 19th century. I am sure that the Bulgarian dialects from Thrace would have been closer to Macedonian before this manipulation took place, but the literary language of the Bulgarians is based on the far eastern dialects, which, together with the previously mentioned point about the Russians, makes the speech of people like Azis and co., particularly in song, very foreign sounding to Macedonians.

Apparently Bulgarian solidified to near its current form in the 16th century, i'd love to see what evidence they base that on. I would also like to see when Serbian was solidified, and the proof. Macedonians can produce a document from around that time that exhibits words and a language that, when identified with a modern language today, can only be the ancestor tongue of Macedonian, and the similarities, the lack of change, is striking.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Greece has NO Identity.

It is NOT an ethnic country, but a religious one with many ethnicities and minorities (shall we say majorities) whose rights it does not respect!

Now, Greece is determined to convert the whole Macedonian and Albanian (just to name some) songs and cutoms into Modern Greek, in order to claim Macedonian and Albanian culture, but with it's language. Once the same repertoire exists in both languages, it will be hard to differentiate whose Folklore is was to begin with, and then call Macedonians and Albanians with NO IDENTITY!

Modern day Ethnic cleansing don't you think?

Here is an example of an Albanian traditional song stolen. I am not here specifically to take sides or Defend Albanians. But its alarming how wide spread the case of Greece stealing Folklore and Identity is, and just not The Macedonians are victims.

YouTube - Greece STEALS more Albanian Folklore

Here you will see Greeks remarkably, claiming the “Gajda” as a Greek Traditional Folk Dance.
                YouTube - Gaida (Macedonia) - Youth Centre Of Halastra

The Greeks have also taken the Lerinsko oro called “Pushtenoto” as there’s and has gone as far as renaming it “Leventikos”
                YouTube - PUSHTENO - LITOS - LEVENTIKOS

Comment

• Wanderer
                  • Nov 2009

Some good videos of Greek Music ,years ago.
                  YouTube - STELIOS KAZANTZIDIS - YPARXO
                  YouTube - Evdokia's zeimbekiko
                  YouTube - Mitropanos - Roza live
                  YouTube - Giorgos Dalaras Sto pa kai sto ksanaleo

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Who are the Bulgarians?

Comment

• Thessaloniki
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2010

I'm not an expert in folk music but this song (My Red Apple) is probably the most famous Greek Macedonian traditional song. So, I wonder if you know it, or dance it in any form (including SlavMacedonians in Greece) and of cource if you claim it.

YouTube - Katerina Papadopoulou - Milo mou kokkino (live, 2004)

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Thessaloniki View Post
                        I'm not an expert in folk music but this song (My Red Apple) is probably the most famous Greek Macedonian traditional song. So, I wonder if you know it, or dance it in any form (including SlavMacedonians in Greece) and of cource if you claim it.

Secondly, It sounds Greek to me i can't see what part of it is Macedonian.

Since you are not an expert in folk music, you will not be able to answer how old this song is but i can guarentee it apeared after the ileagal ocupation of Macedonia and played part of the propaganda in Hellenizing Macedonia.

Finaly, i wish to ask about your quote "Our name is our soul" Please explain? you seem to be confused what your name is.

Comment

• Thessaloniki
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2010

It's interesting if you think it doesn't sound Macedonian. The style is called "Macedonian shuffle" but the specific area or time it was writen are unknown to me (usually it's 19th century). It is a love song, simple, wise and uplifting as traditional songs are meant to be, and never had political or propagandist use.
                          Here's something more specific. Gerakina, a song writen in Nigrita (close to Serres) in the 1870s after a beautiful girl that accidentally fell in a well and died.

YouTube - Macedonian Traditional Songs: Gerakina

Last edited by Thessaloniki; 02-28-2010, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Thessaloniki View Post
                            It's interesting if you think it doesn't sound Macedonian. The style is called "Macedonian shuffle" but the specific area or time it was writen are unknown to me (usually it's 19th century). It is a love song, simple, wise and uplifting as traditional songs are meant to be, and never had political or propagandist use.
                            Here's something more specific. Gerakina, a song writen in Nigrita (close to Serres) in the 1870s after a beatiful girl accidentally fell in a well and died.

Again, you claim you are no expert and the time it was written are unknown, yet you contradict your self by giving us a time period.

Macedonian shuffle, yeh could be a style of dance in a certain region just like Lerin had the Pushtenoto (Leventikos). But just like the costumes, greeks stole the Macedonian culture and claim it theres. Its all Propaganda dude.

Greeks are doing same to the Albanians. If you think Greeks are not Folklore and Identity Thieves, Here is an example of an Albanian traditional song stolen as just one peice of evidence. Its alarming how wide spread this Greeks and there identity crisis is. So please tell me what you think of the clip after you veiw it
                            YouTube - Greece STEALS more Albanian Folklore

Comment

• Thessaloniki
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2010

Well my general impression was that Greek traditional songs from Ionian Islands, Epirus, Macedonia, Thrace and Asia Minor are similar to Italian, Albanian, Slav-Macedonian, Serbian, Bulgarian and Turkish respectively. Occasionally they may be identical or cover-versions of them as you imply.
                              We call traditional songs the ones of unknown composer; usually that was up to a few decades before the appearance of discography.
                              The song in your video, according to the video, was written in the 1970s, so it may be in traditional style, but it's not traditional. It sounds typical Epirus song to me though I haven't heard it before.
                              Though I have Thracian and (Greek) Macedonian ancestry myself I believe Epirus songs are much better, especially the slow and sad ones.

Last edited by Thessaloniki; 02-28-2010, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X