Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maco2envy
    • Jan 2015

Wow, France is finally doing Macedonia a favour. Too bad the SDS and DPE fyromites don't care.

Comment

• Pelagonija
      • Mar 2017

More skeptical EU countries..

France and the Netherlands are likely to resist the opening of European Union accession negotiations with the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and reject the candidacy of Albania at the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels on Monday and Tuesday and the EU summit on Thursday and Friday.

If they change the name I would love for nothing more for them to not be let in.

In my opinion this is all about NATO and anti Russian policy. They will get in NATO but I don’t think they will get in EU anytime soon.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by tchaiku View Post
        You guys are never happy.
        Don't be an idiot. Stay out of this and and any other discussion pertaining to this issue if you want to remain a member of this forum. If not, get lost or get banned. It's really simple.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          Don't be an idiot. Stay out of this and and any other discussion pertaining to this issue if you want to remain a member of this forum. If not, get lost or get banned. It's really simple.
          I suspect he would be more happy with eastern Albania. Morons everywhere.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• tchaiku
            • Nov 2016

I didn't know it would bother you. But yeah I got it, I wont use it again.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

It's worse than disrespectful. People have been banned for less.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• kompir
                • Jan 2015

Just had a conversation with my cousin in Ohrid (was considering going over for the school holidays here as the wife is a teacher and his wife's family has an empty apartment we could use) and he told me in no uncertain terms:

"не биди будала, никако идење овде; државата е готова. Или народот ќе стани од колена прекy востание или ќе ја докyсурат тотално, грутка една нема да остани".

He then went on to tell me he's applying for Italian citizenship as he spent many years living there in his youth and as a result he is eligible, and by corollary his family. That and he speaks Italian.
                Доста бе Вегето една, во секоја манџа се мешаш

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by kompir View Post
                  Just had a conversation with my cousin in Ohrid (was considering going over for the school holidays here as the wife is a teacher and his wife's family has an empty apartment we could use) and he told me in no uncertain terms:

"не биди будала, никако идење овде; државата е готова. Или народот ќе стани од колена прекy востание или ќе ја докyсурат тотално, грутка една нема да остани".
                  I know a heap of people travelling to Macedonia over the next month...looking forward to hearing their stories...

народот ќе стани од колена ... let's hope so.

Comment

• kompir
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                    I know a heap of people travelling to Macedonia over the next month...looking forward to hearing their stories...

народот ќе стани од колена ... let's hope so.
                    If it was anyone else saying that, I'd have taken it with a grain of salt and booked airfares (flying Qatar) by now. But considering the role he plays within the police force and his general lack of dramatic hyperbole, it isn't a warning I'm ignoring. The chances are nothing would happen and the wife would be dragging me out of the nearest kafana on a nightly basis, but I take enough risks on a daily basis running my business.

Comment

• Gocka
                      • Dec 2012

Trust me you will be fine if you really want to go, especially in Ohrid. WW3 could be underway and Ohridznai will still be sipping their coffees.

The conflicts in the Former Macedonia wont start until this whole circus collapses and the Albanians and Europeans among us, together with the Fyromanians, go ape shit that they aren't getting free money and a chance to run away to Germany. We have some way to go before we get there.

Originally posted by kompir View Post
                      If it was anyone else saying that, I'd have taken it with a grain of salt and booked airfares (flying Qatar) by now. But considering the role he plays within the police force and his general lack of dramatic hyperbole, it isn't a warning I'm ignoring. The chances are nothing would happen and the wife would be dragging me out of the nearest kafana on a nightly basis, but I take enough risks on a daily basis running my business.

Comment

• kompir
                        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                        Trust me you will be fine if you really want to go, especially in Ohrid. WW3 could be underway and Ohridznai will still be sipping their coffees.

The conflicts in the Former Macedonia wont start until this whole circus collapses and the Albanians and Europeans among us, together with the Fyromanians, go ape shit that they aren't getting free money and a chance to run away to Germany. We have some way to go before we get there.
                        That's the kicker though, he reckons that the former communists have austerity measures ready to go as a way to show the EU that they are fiscally responsible.

I would have been happy with 10 days in Singapore at the Marina Bay Sands

Comment

• Carlin
                          • Dec 2011

Greeks promoting the division of Macedonia into four cantons on TV

Comment

• kompir
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                            Greeks promoting the division of Macedonia into four cantons on TV
                            https://vecer.mk/balkan/grcite-promo...hetiri-kantoni
                            Those of you that support the name change agreement, do you still think it's a good idea???

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                              • Jan 2009

Supposedly there was meant to be huge protest in macedonia this weekend that would 'shake things up'.

I can only see news articles of protests only in the few thousands.

I agree with Gocka, i dont see a rebellion happening anytime soon, or if ever. The longer this is not stopped the harder it will be to reverse and the more people will be accustomed to calling macedonians as Norther Macedonians

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                                • Oct 2011

Articles re: protests in both the Republic and Greek Occupied Macedonia over the weekend

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...l-with-greece/

Thousands of Macedonians protest over new name deal with Greece

Thousands of people have protested outside Macedonia’s parliament building in Skopje against a deal with Greece aimed at ending a decades-long dispute over Macedonia’s name.

The protest, organized by the student organization “Youth for Macedonia” late Saturday, had as its motto: “Never ‘North,’ always Macedonia.”

Protesters demanded the resignation of the leftist government and chanted “Traitors!” at politicians who voted earlier this week to rename Macedonia “North Macedonia.” The protest ended peacefully.

The main opposition conservative VMRO-DPMNE party boycotted the vote.

The deal, which requires several more steps in the coming months before it is implemented, has angered opposition parties and hardliners in both Greece and Macedonia, who claim their governments conceded too much to other side.
                                https://abcnews.go.com/International...reece-56129272

Protest of Macedonia name deal gets unruly in Greece

Over 5,000 people demonstrated in Greece's second-largest city against a deal with Macedonia that seeks to end nearly 27 years of disagreement between the two countries over Macedonia's name.

The protesters marched toward the Macedonian consulate in Thessaloniki and then the offices of the two partners in Greece's coalition government, Syriza and the Independent Greeks, on Sunday.

Outside the party offices, protesters threw bottles and chairs. Police responded with tear gas and stun grenades to beat back the crowd. No injuries were reported and police say there were no arrests.

Nationalists in both countries oppose the deal that would rename Greece's neighbor North Macedonia and allow the Greek province of Macedonia to still use that name.

In return, Greece would withdraw its objections to the country joining NATO and the European Union.
                                “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

Working...
                                X