X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indigen
    • May 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
    Both the "Macedonian" and Greek Government statue-erecting projects seem to complement each other. The Greeks claim these historical figures as part of their GREEK cultural/historical heritage, while the Ramkovist "Macedonians" claim it as part of the regional heritage, which could be easily interpreted as Greek. In fact, when all of our neighbours interpret it as Greek and the Ramkovist "Macedonians" call it a "regional" heritage, it all fits in quite well.
    Tom, excellent sum up and analysis and I suggest you develop this into an essay (article/letter) and get it published widely.

-----------

Some images of Filip II of Macedon in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, King Filip II of Spain and Filip II of France (just to show that using Filip II designation does not equate with our Filip II [of Macedon(ia)]):

Philip II of Macedon Monument, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

The monument of Philip II of Macedon - the father of Alexander the Great - downtown Plovdiv. Philip II of Macedon conquered the Thracian city of Eumolpias in 342 B.C. and gave his name to the city - Philippopolis. Sculptor: Cyril Naydenov.

The monument of Philip II of Macedon - the father of Alexander the Great - downtown Plovdiv. Philip II of Macedon conquered the Thracian city of Eumolpias in 342 B.C. and gave his name to the city - Philippopolis. Sculptor: Cyril Naydenov.

King PHILIP II of Spain, 1556-98, Philip I of Portugal 1580-98, wearing Order of Golden Fleece, painted 1581

Philip II (1165-1223), King of France, 1793, Copperplate Engraving
    Last edited by indigen; 03-23-2011, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      The Macedonians have done one better. They have a museum for the NLA.
      And a public holiday or a day of remembrance .....if i am not mistaken. What a pathetic government.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• indigen
        • May 2009

Originally posted by Mastika View Post
        Have no more points of argument so resorting to insults and taunting? Nothing out of the ordinary for you. I am not a "slavoman" as you taunt, but rather Macedonian as are you. The difference is that I am not a scare-mongeror shouting "VASSAL ENEMY PROPAGANDA RAMKOVIST PREDAVNIK etc. etc." at every article/point which I don't happen to agree with. I am backing up prolet as his post was a valid point for discussion, and as others have pointed out to you this week we cannot only post things that we agree with and pretend like other things do not exist.
        You are a "SLAVOMAN", i.e. you strongly argue(d) that our ethogenisis is from "Slav" settlers (after the "mass migration") and that, IMO, is an anti-Macedonian ideological position that is a leftover from the Yugoslav/Serb era as well as it being propagated by all our enemies and detractors.

Here is a YouTube audio clip with a song about Aleksandar Makedonski that you should listen to and that may cause you to ponder a bit on the subject:

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

All, let's use the one thread for all articles and information pertaining to existing statues and projects to develop more in Macedonia. Better for reference purposes to have them consolidated.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
            Exactly Bill

I dont ever recall Miloshoski supporting these statues all he is concerned about is our foreign affairs, i've never liked him myself since he has strong Bugarofil ideologies. People choose governments, no government is stronger then the people and i think these statues are fantastic and they makes me very proud.

Bill77, Word has it that Dosta Dimovska suffered a heavy stroke, hopefully now somebody can replace her at the Macedonia Culture Center in Sofia, a proper Macedonian not a Bugarofil.
            Dosta Dimovska passes away

Director of the Macedonian Cultural and Information Center in Sofia, Dosta Dimovska died Monday in Sofia after a brief illness.

Dimovska was born on 17 February 1954 in Skopje. She graduated from the Faculty of Philosophy in Skopje, where she was engaged as research fellow.

She was a famous poetess and politician. He political career was launched in the 1990s.

Dimovska has held high state and party posts. In 1991, she was elected deputy president of VMRO-DPMNE at a party congress in Prilep. She was a member of the Parliament until 1994, during which time she chaired the Parliament's Committee on International Relations.

In 1998, Dimovska was elected deputy premier in the government led by Ljupco Georgievski. Between December 1999 and May 2001 she was a minister of interior affairs. In 2002, Dosta Dimovska steps down from her party posts due to internal reasons. On 25 February 2002, she was appointed director of the Intelligence Agency, but resigns from the post on 5 May 2003.

As of early 2007, Dosta Dimovska served as director of the Cultural and Information Center of Macedonia in Sofia.

http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
              • Jan 2009

Here is a Glimpse of the Giant Statue of Alexander the Great that will be erected in Skopje Macedonia very shortly.

Welcome home Makedonce
              The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                • Nov 2009

The new completed Filip II arena in Skopje from a helicopter. It's simply amazing.

Comment

Working...
                X