X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Re: Serbia losing more of its territory to Kosovo. I can't see that happening to Serbia. But I can for Macedonia.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

On Australian politics, Australia governing party has had a reshuffling in leadership and cabinet which was just sworn in. I've just come across a delightful photo taken by some journalist of now Treasurer and Deputy Leader Josh Frydenberg.

"Josh Frydenberg is congratulated by long-time Parliament House cleaner Anna Jancevski as he returns to his office after the leadership ballot"

i'm sure a shlakajnsa and a pull of his ears was involved. A Macedonian motherly thing
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Pelagonija
        • Mar 2017

Does anyone know more about the triple murder in Debar? the ethnicity of the victims?

Канал 5 телевизија како една од водечките телевизиски куќи во Македонија, од 1998 година на малите екрани до гледање онлајн денес, известува за најновите вести од Македонија, регионот и светот.

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

They were Albanians who lived/Worked in Italy.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
            • Oct 2011

SKOPJE (Macedonia), September 5 (SeeNews) – Macedonia’s economy minister Kreshnik Bekteshi has said the government is working to set up a one-stop shop for joint border controls with Alba

Macedonia, Albania to set up one-stop shop for joint border controls - econ min

SKOPJE (Macedonia), September 5 (SeeNews) – Macedonia’s economy minister Kreshnik Bekteshi has said the government is working to set up a one-stop shop for joint border controls with Albania.

The goal of the project is to facilitate free trade in goods, improve joint risk management, and increase trade volume between the two countries, Bekteshi said in a press release on Tuesday.

“Macedonia is fully committed to increasing cooperation with countries in the region, establishing a common economic zone, which will increase competitiveness for our companies,” he added.

The implementation of a joint customs controls project through the one-stop shop system between Macedonia and Albania as signatories to the International Convention on the Simplification and Harmonization of Customs Procedures, is part of the action plan for the creation of a regional economic area in the Western Balkans, adopted during the EU Summit with the Western Balkan countries held in Trieste in 2017.
            “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

lol

Majority of Greeks still believe in 'evil eye,' study finds
              A study carried out by the Society for Headache and Migraine Patients has found that the majority of Greeks still believe that the so-called “evil eye” (“mati”) is responsible for making their head hurt.

I won't bother posting the whole article. Just the headline is sufficient.

Comment

• Niko777
                • Oct 2010

You don't think the same is true for Macedonians?

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                  You don't think the same is true for Macedonians?
                  Unlike this recent study showing "majority" Greeks still believe in evil eye, I think that superstition has stopped with the Macedonian baby boomers, and if it does exist its a minority. I have not met one Macedonian post that generation who turn their underwear inside out or pin an "oko" on their baby to beat off evil eye.
                  Last edited by Bill77; 09-07-2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Spirit
                    • May 2015

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                    Unlike this recent study showing "majority" Greeks still believe in evil eye, I think that superstition has stopped with the Macedonian baby boomers, and if it does exist its a minority. I have not met one Macedonian post that generation who turn their underwear inside out or pin an "oko" on their baby to beat off evil eye.
                    In the diaspora yes Bill but back in Macedonia they’re still a superstitious lot, when I went back 6 years ago most of my cousins (Gen X’ers and Y’ers) still believe the old wives tales

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                      In the diaspora yes Bill but back in Macedonia they’re still a superstitious lot, when I went back 6 years ago most of my cousins (Gen X’ers and Y’ers) still believe the old wives tales
                      I stand corrected

Well must admit, many in the diaspora still say "Mashala" fearing a baby might be cursed if its not said. Such an Islamic (Arabic to be more exact) thing to say. I know its something picked up from the Turks, but i'm surprised its stuck with us still today.
                      Last edited by Bill77; 09-07-2018, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Spirit
                        • May 2015

I stand corrected

Well must admit, many in the diaspora still say "Mashala" fearing a baby might be cursed if its not said. Such an Islamic (Arabic to be more exact) thing to say. I know its something picked up from the Turks, but i'm surprised its stuck with us still today.
                        Funny that and it’s true and I’m guilty of saying “Mashala” to my 8 month old daughter. I’m not doing it for superstitious reasons but out of habit

Comment

• maco2envy
                          • Jan 2015

Moron Zaeb welcomes Austrian Chancellor with a Latvian Flag: http://english.republika.mk/scandal-...-latvian-flag/
                          Hopefully this was done on purpose by a fellow Macedonian to make a fool out of the fyromians and to disrespect the asshole Kurz who is now pushing for the name change.

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by maco2envy View Post
                            ...Hopefully this was done on purpose by a fellow Macedonian to make a fool out of the fyromians and to disrespect the asshole Kurz who is now pushing for the name change.
                            Nah...just the ubiquitous dysfunction and incompetence that defines the calibre of Macedonia's politicians and political institutions.

Comment

• Pelagonija
                              • Mar 2017

I stand corrected

I always thought mashala was more like a comment regarding a job well done or another example like in reference to a healthy growing baby as against superstitious in nature. I used to play soccer with Turks. I remember the club hounding out “chorup” befor the match. Generally speaking I think we have a substantial amount of Turkish culture and inluence in ours.

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Pelagonija View Post
                                I always thought mashala was more like a comment regarding a job well done or another example like in reference to a healthy growing baby as against superstitious in nature. I used to play soccer with Turks. I remember the club hounding out “chorup” befor the match. Generally speaking I think we have a substantial amount of Turkish culture and inluence in ours.
                                I was always scolded to say Mashala (God has willed it in Arabic) after complimenting how cute a baby was (za da ne go pochudam) Theory behind it is if you don't credit God, since it was his will, he can take it away.

But no doubt we Macedonians can claim "da go serat petlite" and or spit on them
                                Try translating and explaining that to a westerner (May Roosters shit on you) lol
                                Last edited by Bill77; 09-08-2018, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X