Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

I haven't heard much from the Macedonians that originate from Egej about this, suprising because Marko's kingdom often included territories like Kostur and Lerin.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Not heard anything that I am aware of.
      My gut feeling is that sort of folklore and oral history was well and truly shut down once Macedonian culture was downgraded to something inferior to the mythical orgasm that is Hellenism.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Exactly right, at least the MTO allows Macedonians to get back in touch with the tradition and culture that they were forced to forget.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          Here is another source about King Marko, this time from the year 1601 by Mauro Orbini, the Croatian writer. I used google translate to convert the original and fixed the wording up a little, if there is anyone who can read Croatian or Serbian and would like to have a go at translating them better, let us know.
          I read somewhere that Orbini wrote that Volkasin was titled as "Rex Imperator Sclavoniae".
          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

It's possible TM, because its a long text I haven't went through the whole thing, although I thought I covered all the aspects relating to Marko's family, I may have missed some things.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Here is a website that I came across regarding Krale Marko, it appears to have alot of details.

Comment

• astibo
                • Oct 2009

Boril's Synodicon

Hey SoM, recently i reed some new information for me about King Volkasin. He was named as a Macedonian King in the Synodicon of the bulgarian tsra Boril. I thought it is good to post this information here.
                Here is the link where i reed this:

Во Скопје во 1349 Стефан Душан издава свој Законик, кој, за жал, во оригинал не е зачуван, зачуван, меѓутоа зачувани се само десетина преписи и од таму добиваме информации за оваа историска личност.

And this is a link about the Synodicon of Boril:

down to John Sisman. The entries acquire a poignant tone toward the second half of the fourteenth century, as they proclaim "eternal remembrance" for those who died fighting the Turkish marauders. Most touching is the mention of Kera Tamara, daughter of King John Alexander, who was given as "fiancee" to the Sultan Amurat, "for the sake of the Bulgarian people." The Synodicon also mentions the Macedonian King Vulkasin and his brother Uglesa, who died at the battle of the Marica in 1371, as well as "others who showed bravery against the godless Turks and shed their blood for the Orthodox faith."

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Seen this on another thread, thanks for posting it here Astibo. If you happen to come across the actual text, let us know. That first link also has some other interesting information.

Comment

• astibo
                    • Oct 2009

It seems that in the last period there are many new facts presented about the middle ages concerning Macedonia. It seems that the Serbs of that time conquered the Macedonian lands from the Byzantines with great help from the Macedonian nobility and church. It is interesting to mention that before the battle between the Macedonian nobles and Serbs on Kosovo, Serbians tried to make Macedonian regions like Polog in to serbian. Maybe that was the reason for the battle on Kosovo.

Comment

Working...
                    X