Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

To provide some balance, here is something from Siljanovska-Davkova from the last 7 days. She may have created a new FB page recently but she already has over 4,000 friends on her profile in just a few days. She obviously has support from some influential people that have helped promote her. One of her first posts was a picture of the ventilator (unfortunately not uncommon for all politicians in Macedonia).

First announcement on running for president. Talks about giving voice to rights and justice and “European values”:

Here she talks about how every nation has the right to self-determination:

Here she seems to be denying her links to Soros. Apparently in the 90’s she used the Soros email account because there was no internet network at her university. Apparently Soros helped provide internet there which is why she and others used it. She has another email address now:

About her involvement in the so-called “Colour Revolution”:

She’s been doing the rounds in various towns and at various DPNE committees. She is claiming to be an independent presidential candidate who is seeking the support of the DPNE convention only, and not their parliamentary group. She also appears to be against the name change, but also stated the below in relation to Macedonia’s accession into NATO:
    Цената која ја плативме и ќе ја плаќаме во иднина е висока. Една неправда е заменета со друга, а наградата ќе има смисла само доколку претставува чекор кон целосна европска интеграција, т.е. зачленување во ЕУ преку целосно исполнување на сите критериуми. Пред нас е долг пат на реформи, кои мораат да започнат дома и да се имплементираат заради нас самите!
    English translation:
    The price we paid and will pay in the future is high. One injustice is replaced by another, and the prize will only make sense if it is a step towards full European integration, i.e. joining the EU through the full fulfillment of all criteria. In front of us is a long way to reform, which must start at home and be implemented for ourselves!
    Is this statement a red flag alert or am I misinterpreting it?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      Is this statement a red flag alert or am I misinterpreting it?
      Anyone openly running on an Anti-EU (and to a lesser extent, anti NATO) platform without a comparative, practical and viable alternative won’t get far in the Republic.
      “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
        Anyone openly running on an Anti-EU (and to a lesser extent, anti NATO) platform without a comparative, practical and viable alternative won’t get far in the Republic.
        I was referring to her statement that the "prize" (EU) we get for the "price" (treachery) we paid will make sense if it means furthering the path towards "European integration". That's a concerning perspective and may be suggestive in a negative way. At least that's how I read it.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
          • Oct 2011

I was referring to her statement that the "prize" (EU) we get for the "price" (treachery) we paid will make sense if it means furthering the path towards "European integration". That's a concerning perspective and may be suggestive in a negative way. At least that's how I read it.
          I took it that the "Prize" she was referring to was NATO membership (but I could be mistaken). Isn't "European Integration" just another way of saying EU membership? Majority of Macedonians support EU membership as really no one has come up with any other better solution to save them from their crummy state of affairs. This is essentially a popularity contest, hence if you want to succeed, unless you can provide an equally viable alternate solution to their problems, then a path towards EU membership aka "European Integration" has to be part of your platform, otherwise you are likely to fall to the wayside.

In any case, I agree with you that it is suggestive in an negative way and concerning, although I can't say these type of lines are not expected to be heard from any candidate who is interested in having a serious go at obtianing the top position.
          Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 02-12-2019, 02:51 AM.
          “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
            I took it that the "Prize" she was referring to was NATO membership (but I could be mistaken).
            You're not mistaken, it was my error, I meant to write NATO rather than EU for the "prize". What bothers me is that, the way it's written, it almost suggests that the price was worth paying so long as it ultimately leads to EU membership. That doesn't quite align with some of her other statements about the name change being an injustice for the country. Sure, even most idiots in Macedonia would agree it's an injustice, but those same idiots also think it's worth it if it means entry into the EU. So I guess the question is, will she consider reversing this injustice as her top priority? The quote we're discussing doesn't leave me with much confidence.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
              • Oct 2011

What bothers me is that, the way it's written, it almost suggests that the price was worth paying so long as it ultimately leads to EU membership. That doesn't quite align with some of her other statements about the name change being an injustice for the country.
              And so goes the all too familiar dance of the typical Macedonian “Patriotic” politician...

Judging from Ivanov’s example, the presidential position is virtually useless anyway without the backing of the parliament. I doubt any candidate would be able to reverse what has happened (or would have the balls to try), all they could potentially do is provide some stumbling blocks to the current ruling coalition’s plans (which would be preferable to giving them free reign), but then again, it’s not like they haven’t just ignored the law and proceeded as they please anyway.

Only way any of this can be reversed is if the majority of the people in the Republic demand it. Risto is holding his breath for it. I think he is a shoe in to break the Guinness book record

Comment

• VMRO
                • Sep 2008

Solza Grceva seems to be supporting Siljanovska for president but prefers for her to be an independent candidate. And apparently she wants to hear what her strategy is to reverse the name change.
                Solza was on Vasko Eftov and said she is friends with Siljanovska. Eftov grilled her why she wasn't on the list of academics etc who endorse.

Not sure if she actually is supporting her.
                Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• VMRO
                  • Sep 2008

In my opinion she doesn't have the leadership or charisma to be president. She looks like a old frail baba.
                  Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                    In my opinion she doesn't have the leadership or charisma to be president. She looks like a old frail baba.
                    Leadership and charisma on their own mean nothing - Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin had plenty of that. So did Kiro Gligorov.

What Macedonians lack is good principles and a good philosophical foundation, along with the courage to follow through on them.
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Here is one of Gjorchev’s recent social media announcements regarding his presidential candidacy. Nothing specific about correcting the injustice with respect to the name, constitution or dual language law. Focusing on being a politicical opponent to SDS and Zaev. Kissing Mickoski’s arse from Skopje to Bitola. Great strategy.
                      Три важни работи:

1. Прво, имам бесконечна доверба во членството и делагатите на Конвенцијата на ВМРО-ДПМНЕ. Се надевам дека ќе бидам избран за кандидат.

Секој резултат ќе го почитувам. Секој претседателски кандидат избран на Конвенцијата на ВМРО-ДПМНЕ ја има мојата целосна поддршка.

Од понеделник тргнуваме заедно да ги поразиме Заев и СДСМ.

2. Второ, Hristijan Mickoski ја има мојата целосна поддршка како претседател на ВМРО-ДПМНЕ. Изминативе 15 месеци, сега во моментов и понатаму стојам зад неговата напорна работа во овие тешки околности за државата и ВМРО-ДПМНЕ.

Во следните месеци и години треба да се насочиме кон штетните политики на СДСМ. ВМРО-ДПМНЕ е најсилна како обединета и сплотена структура.

Христијан Мицкоски е нашиот кандидат за премиер на следните парламентарни изботи, а потоа мандатар и претседател на Владата на Република Македонија.

3. Трето, како претседател на Република Македонија, после првиот ден со Мицкоски како премиер, ќе иницирам повторно основање на тимовите за странски инвестиции.

Ќе го вратиме времето кога во Македонија се отвораа фабрики и погони секој месец. Како претседател, подготвен сум со идниот премиер Мицкоски заедно да појдеме низ целиот свет за да привлечеме нови инвеститори и да се отвораат нови работни места.

Да расте стандардот и да ги задржиме младите. Заеднички и сплотено ќе се бориме за подобра Македонија.

Да победиме заедно. За Македонија.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Cool short promotional clip by Filip Petrovski. What he says in the first 20 seconds is solid:

Или се бориш, или не. Нема трето. Ако видат дека можат да те газат, ќе те згазат. Нема трето. Македонци на увид МОЈАТА БОРБА за ПАТРИА, за МАКЕДОНИЈА....

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Is it as solid as anything Ivanov has said?
                          Oh well, we gotta have hope.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                            Is it as solid as anything Ivanov has said?
                            He is pointing at a flag with the Macedonian sun, and says the following:
                            The Macedonian state flag until 1995. It was changed in this parliament, the same way as the constitution of the Republic of Macedonia is being changed now. Violently, terrorist-like and against the law.
                            Elsewhere he put up this photo:

Some could argue that this is posturing. Not sure if Ivanov has been as overt. Clearly Filip is running on the nationalist ticket and Macedonia is in desperate need of a dose of nationalism right now. The question remains, does he have the integrity to stay the course. Can he ignite the passion of the Macedonian people. And what lengths is he prepared to go to in pursuit of justice and getting Macedonia out of this mess.
                            Oh well, we gotta have hope.
                            In the absence of drastic measures, that's all we have right now.

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

...In the absence of drastic measures, that's all we have right now.
                              Recent history in Macedonia has shown us that such people seldom live up to expectations...Macedonia is now a terribly fragmented country with the soulless internationalists on one side and endemic political lethargy on the other side, a pathetic country devoid of all sovereignty, even if a patriotic and charismatic leader was to rise from the ashes, he would have nothing and nobody to work with...

Comment

• vicsinad
                                • May 2011

List of all candidates running today from DPNE:

VMRO-DPMNE will elect Saturday its candidate at the upcoming presidential elections at a party convention which will be held at...

Nikita Shekutkovski, PhD in Mathematics and Full Professor at the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics in Skopje, member of the Institute of Mathematics.
                                Gjorgi Manaskov, mechanical engineer and president of the Economic Chamber of Energy of Macedonia.
                                Vasko Kostov, pharmaceutical technician.
                                Vlatko Gjorcev, lawyer, MP in the Parliament of the Republic of Macedonia and member of the Executive Committee of VMRO-DPMNE.
                                Gordana Siljanovska-Davkova, full professor at the Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus” in Skopje, member of the Institute for Legal and Political Sciences, Department of Constitutional Law and Political System.
                                Ilija Dimovski, retired professor at the Faculty of Forestry at UKIM in Skopje.
                                Filip Petrovski, PhD in Political Sciences and former director of the State Archives of the Republic of Macedonia.
                                Goran Angelov, lawyer, former mayor of the municipality of Vinica in two terms and president of ZELS in one term.
                                Saso Kutlesovski, PhD in Agricultural Sciences.

Comment

Working...
                                X