Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rogi
    • Sep 2008

We wanted it to be organised by 'everyone and no-one', if that makes any sense. The aim was to bring our divided community together. I think it did that on many levels.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
      We wanted it to be organised by 'everyone and no-one', if that makes any sense. The aim was to bring our divided community together. I think it did that on many levels.
      So you would agree that the UMD claiming it as an initiative on their own would be stretching the truth?
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• MP_MK
        Banned
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
        No problems, all you have to do is drive 10 min there and 10 min back(it doesn't take 20 min from the city) and we can have a 40min discussion - at the Macedonian Community of Adelaide & S.A. incorporated, 146 Crittenden Road, Findon, since you refrained from selecting which community, given that it is half way between you and me, we both meet in the middle. At 8;30 if you can't get away any sooner.

Sorry, I was there this morning. I've done more than enough running around today. Mutual territory is best. Hyatt is nice and quiet on a Tuesday evening.

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

Yes it did Rogi, it was a great achievement and one that we will remember for a long time..

MP, The MTO has contributed alot, keep it up guys we can do this together.
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• MP_MK
            Banned
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            In the last 3 days?
            That would mean the interest sparked by this forum was the catalyst for their interest. Thanks.
            No actually, our mutual friend GT got them connected. Better luck next time.

Comment

• Rogi
              • Sep 2008

Perhaps not for a protest, but we can only gauge that once we see it happen.

When it is out there and all over the media, the community needs to start talking about it, then the wider community gets upset, then there is momentum and energy for something like that.

It has to come from the community, we can't manufacture it, we can only make our community aware and react to their feeling.

Though bear in mind, a public protest is really considered the least effective lobbying option. More would come out of the opposition getting onto it, the mainstream Australian media (particularly anti-Labor media) getting onto it with the SA election looming, and the Macedonian Government officially protesting to the Australian Government.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MP_MK View Post
                Sorry, I was there this morning. I've done more than enough running around today. Mutual territory is best. Hyatt is nice and quiet on a Tuesday evening.
                I reckon behind the old church from back in the Pop Georgi days. Go for it. MP_MK, Makedonche has a hell of a handshake.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• MP_MK
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                  Yes it did Rogi, it was a great achievement and one that we will remember for a long time..

MP, The MTO has contributed alot, keep it up guys we can do this together.

Can I ask what? Honestly. What contributions on the Rann matter have taken place from MTO?

Comment

• Rogi
                    • Sep 2008

Risto, I can't comment that as I haven't seen the evidence of UMD claiming the protest as a sole UMD initiative.

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

The Macedonian Community of Victoria needs to be involved in this, now we are getting somewhere.
                      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• MP_MK
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by risto the great View Post
                        i reckon behind the old church from back in the pop georgi days. Go for it. Mp_mk, makedonche has a hell of a handshake.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Can I ask what? Honestly. What contributions on the Rann matter have taken place from MTO?
                          Here, let me have a go:

MTO presents the issue to the broader Macedonian public.
                          AMHRC immediately pounces upon the matter in an effective manner.
                          Hodge podge of (various) community action including UMD involvement.

Are you suggesting the action of AMHRC undermined this process MP_MK? Because it was instigated from this very forum.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

MP, It has raised awareness in our communities. The AMHRC found out via this forum and took action. Other community leaders aswell as our embassy are informed. We need to be together on this remember?? Tone it down a bit, every little bit helps believe me. You've done your part too, just tone down on the attitude there is no need to be putting anybody down.

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

If your'e not happy with that 1/2 way point, pick another one, it does't have to be at the community.
                              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• MP_MK
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                                Perhaps not for a protest, but we can only gauge that once we see it happen.

When it is out there and all over the media, the community needs to start talking about it, then the wider community gets upset, then there is momentum and energy for something like that.

It has to come from the community, we can't manufacture it, we can only make our community aware and react to their feeling.

Though bear in mind, a public protest is really considered the least effective lobbying option. More would come out of the opposition getting onto it, the mainstream Australian media (particularly anti-Labor media) getting onto it with the SA election looming, and the Macedonian Government officially protesting to the Australian Government.

Roji, I don't expect you to go looking through this thread, but those are the angles I outlined and a protest would only gel it all together.

I assure you 100% that it will be all over Macedonian tv shortly. When I get the high res clips from them, we will circulate it here locally.

Opposition jumping on the wagon is key and have sent an overview of the matter to almost every opposition party member.

You have my email, send me a private email to discuss.

Thanks for your productive reply and assistance.

Comment

Working...
                                X