Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

We might get some new statues as well, like Slav on Horse and Tito's little UDBa.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      We might get some new statues as well, like Slav on Horse...
      My concern is that the name "Slav on Horse" may not be abstract enough, there's still too much leeway to join the dots...

I can see them going for something like "6th Century AD Migrant in Fancy Dress on Rearing Donkey"...

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

I think it would be safe to assume that these idiots consider some of the statues, the name of the airport, highway and sports arena as "provocations". Do you think Zaev would go so far as to have these removed / renamed to appease them? Perhaps as a first step before the name of the country?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Stevce
          • Jan 2016

Soilder of Macedon, I think that is exactly what Zaev will do. Key word here is resolve issues with neighbours including Greece. Changing the name is only the start of the plan to finish the genocide of Macedonia which was started over 100 years ago. Wait until Bulgaria and Albania get what they want also from Macedonia. The world will applaud the genocide of our people.

Comment

• Amphipolis
            Banned
            • Aug 2014

I wouldn't expect any impressive progress. I remind you that SDSM has governed for many years in the past.

Entry in NATO under the FYROM name is a complicated matter with pros and cons. It’s certain that you will be bounded with some additional agreement and it will practically establish FYROM as an eternal temporary name of use.

I can’t say if that’s good or bad but it’s basically the compromise that both sides have made all those years but do not admit to.

European Union doors will be closed for ANY new members in the visible future (10-15 next years).

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              I think it would be safe to assume that these idiots consider some of the statues, the name of the airport, highway and sports arena as "provocations". Do you think Zaev would go so far as to have these removed / renamed to appease them? Perhaps as a first step before the name of the country?
              That's an interesting question, I wonder what the process is to rename statues and buildings, I imagine it wouldn't require a vote in parliament.

Not sure how ZZ will go about a name change for the country...my fear is ZZ will take it to a referendum, where he can 'manipulate' the result and shift the blame for a name change to the 'will' of the people.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Stevce View Post
                Changing the name is only the start of the plan to finish the genocide of Macedonia which was started over 100 years ago.
                Actually Stevce, the start was long ago. Changing the name would just be the crowning achievement of those traitors who have accepted (if not actively sought) the destruction of Macedonia's integrity.
                Originally posted by Phoenix
                .....my fear is ZZ will take it to a referendum, where he can 'manipulate' the result and shift the blame for a name change to the 'will' of the people.
                I fear the same and I can only hope that Macedonians would consider such an ultimate the "last straw" before they actually take a stand.
                Originally posted by Amphipolis
                I wouldn't expect any impressive progress. I remind you that SDSM has governed for many years in the past.
                SDS were in government when the name (for international use) and flag were changed. In coalition with a mob who couldn't care less for the Macedonian identity, anything is possible.
                Entry in NATO under the FYROM name is a complicated matter with pros and cons.
                There are no pros. NATO doesn't need Macedonia and Macedonia shouldn't seek entry into NATO.
                I can’t say if that’s good or bad but it’s basically the compromise that both sides have made all those years but do not admit to.
                Greece has made no compromises because it had no right to dictate terms to begin with - not to a foreign and sovereign state. Do as you wish in your country, we will do as we wish in ours. The fact that maggots among your people have made life miserable for Macedonians around the world is unacceptable and will never be forgiven. We will not entertain the stupid "reasoning" of Greeks here any further, it's been done to death, so I would advise you to not go there yet again.
                European Union doors will be closed for ANY new members in the visible future (10-15 next years).
                Good. With any luck that "union" will disappear within the next 10-15 years.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Macedonia ready for name compromise in order to join NATO

8 JUNE 17

NATO plans to accept Macedonia by the spring of 2018, Sputnik has been told by a source familiar with Skopje's membership negotiations. "NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg plans to visit to Skopje in mid-July and discuss this. The goal of NATO is for the country to be accepted to the alliance by the spring of 2018," the source told the news agency. According to him, the United States is actively working on this. "Yesterday, the US ambassador in Skopje met with Macedonia's defense minister, and also talked about it. Washington is urging Skopje to move toward making concessions, and judging by everything - they are ready to do it," said the source.

Macedonian PM Zoran Zaev said earlier that the country is ready to join NATO under the name of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FRYOM) - something that Greece insists on - in order to speed up the EU integration. "There are two ways - either finding a solution to the problem, or joining NATO under a temporary name, and proposing negotiations with Greece over the problem that Greece has with our constitutional name, about the EU integration. They know that for us there is an equal tendency towards the EU," Zaev said in an interview with MRT. Macedonia joined the so-called "NATO membership action plan" in 2009. Last Wednesday, Greek PM Alexis Tsipras congratulated Zaev on his appointment, and confirmed the position of Athens regarding the dispute over Macedonia's name. Today, the head of the Macedonian government said he expected Stoltenberg's visit to Skopje in the coming months, which would "open the door to the country for full membership in NATO."

Comment

• Amphipolis
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2014

There are no pros. NATO doesn't need Macedonia and Macedonia shouldn't seek entry into NATO.

Greece has made no compromises because it had no right to dictate terms to begin with - not to a foreign and sovereign state. Do as you wish in your country, we will do as we wish in ours. The fact that maggots among your people have made life miserable for Macedonians around the world is unacceptable and will never be forgiven. We will not entertain the stupid "reasoning" of Greeks here any further, it's been done to death, so I would advise you to not go there yet again.

Good. With any luck that "union" will disappear within the next 10-15 years.
                    1. I agree with the second part as far as I can say. Yet, NATO and USA DO need to absorb and control everybody. No one is small or irrelevant enough to get away.

2. Uhh... OK

3. European Union will not disappear. On the contrary, it is under the extreme and ugly scenarios (major changes & conflicts, withdrawal of members etc.) that doors will open again for Balkan countries.

===

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

What has changed...?

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

Who's abducted our petulant southern neighbours and replaced them with
                        decent human beings.
                        That's about the only way for ZZ's NATO plan to fall into place...didn't the previous government pursue the same game plan after their ICJ 'victory'...?

Comment

• Skolovranec
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                          3. European Union will not disappear. On the contrary, it is under the extreme and ugly scenarios (major changes & conflicts, withdrawal of members etc.) that doors will open again for Balkan countries.
                          It will die off. It's unsustainable as it is. Just a few countries get the benefits, several get the leftovers, everybody else gets the crumbs. That's about it. Don't get me started on what the Schengen zone has done for terrorist movements across the continent. And this new euro-army, you think most countries, especially in our part of the world have more money to space on fancy new EU-army?

If anything, it will fracture. Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and France as one block, Italy, Spain, Andorra Portugal on the other, the Nordic lands as another, and an eastern block as the last.

I'm not sure where Greece will go.
                          Anti-EU Pro-Guns National-Libertarian Trekkie Minarchist
                          Anti-NATO Pro-United MK Agnostic Secularist Magick Occultist
                          Anti-UN Pro-Military Meritocratic Integrationist Altruistic Socio-Darwinist
                          Anti-Globalist Pro-Choice Intellectual Pirate Spiritual Vagabond

Comment

• maco2envy
                            • Jan 2015

An anti macedonian stance in regard to the name issue on what was thought to be a neutral sight with respect to the issue:

The “Macedonian Question” is today actual for several reasons of whom two are of the fundamental importance: 1. The Albanian secession in the FYROM; and 2. The Greek dispute with the FYROM authorities over several issues.[1] For the matter of illustration, for instance, Greece is so far blocking Macedonia’s joining NATO and the EU because …

Update:
                            Seems that the author is a Serbian nationalist...
                            Electronic Magazine On Global Politics, International Relations, History and World Security Since April 2014
                            Last edited by maco2envy; 06-10-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Karposh
                              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by maco2envy View Post
                              An anti macedonian stance in regard to the name issue on what was thought to be a neutral sight with respect to the issue:
                              This an article that has been prepared by a Serb. One of his works "Serbia's Diplomatic Preparations for the Creation of the First Balkan Alliance, 1861-64" Sotirović, Vladislav B. (2008). Serbian Studies: Journal of the North American Society for Serbian Studies discusses the Greek-Serbian Alliance of 1867. Pricks like this do more harm than good in ever establishing any meaningful relations with the Serbs. There is a die-hard element among them (of the Sheshelj type) that will always be an enemy to the Macedonian nation. I would dismiss this as nothing more than cheap propaganda but my worry is that others, who don't know of the Serb's vested interest, will buy into this rubbish.

Comment

• Skolovranec
                                • Mar 2017

Aren't people like that a minority though? I think the larger serbian population has zero problems with Macedonia. Usually politicians are stirring the pot (enter Dacic etc.)
                                Anti-EU Pro-Guns National-Libertarian Trekkie Minarchist
                                Anti-NATO Pro-United MK Agnostic Secularist Magick Occultist
                                Anti-UN Pro-Military Meritocratic Integrationist Altruistic Socio-Darwinist
                                Anti-Globalist Pro-Choice Intellectual Pirate Spiritual Vagabond

Comment

Working...
                                X