Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphipolis
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

By the way, here's the article.

What's in a name? Or … how can a small country on economic life support contribute to so much upset in the neighbourhood?

Comment

• vicsinad
      • May 2011

I want to announce on this thread that I have recently joined MHRMI as the Director of US Operations and I am looking forward to helping out in any way that I can.

Back to the topic: here's a snap of what I sent to the CBC on this issue:

Does the corporation that calls itself CBC publish every viewpoint that discriminates on a group of individuals and mask it as an opinion piece? You don't publish opinions of KKK members and neo-Nazis who demand that black people be called "niggers" and Native Americans be called "redskins" and then say to blacks and Native Americans who vehemently reject such terminology: "Well, it's just your opinion that you should be called black and Native American, but there are other people that think you should be called niggers and redskins, so we are going to allow such views." I'm assuming the backlash that you who call yourself CBC might receive would probably ruin you as a legitimate news organization. Yet, when it comes to Macedonians, you are totally fine -- and even supportive -- of publishing opinions about the Macedonians that are just as discriminatory and hate-driven.
      Last edited by vicsinad; 08-25-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• MHRMI
        • Dec 2009

MHRMI Condemns Macedonia's Treasonous Government on Macedonia's Independence Day

MHRMI Condemns Macedonia's Treasonous Government on Macedonia's Independence Day

(September 8, 2017) - Condemning the actions of one political party does not mean that one endorses the other. Vehemently advocating for Macedonian human and national rights does not mean that one is getting involved in civil and domestic policy. Just as Macedonians abroad should not get involved with local issues in Macedonia, politicians and citizens living in the Republic of Macedonia have absolutely no right to negotiate our age-old nationality.

MHRMI condemns the ever-increasing, treasonous acts of Macedonia's current American-installed government. Signing a "friendship" agreement with Bulgaria, in which all of our rights are thrown away and our identity is negated would only happen in Macedonia - where politicians are either corrupt or don't have the common sense or guts to stand up for our most basic of human rights.

Selling out the country to a small Albanian minority, under the guise of diplomacy and human rights, could only happen in Macedonia. MHRMI President, Bill Nicholov, has repeatedly asked during meetings with the US State Department, Global Affairs Canada, UN Envoy Matthew Nimetz, among many others, when Macedonian will become a bilingual and equal partner in Greece, Turkish in Bulgaria and Russian in Estonia. As the EU and US are doing with Albanian in Macedonia, these steps would have to be immediate and promoted as a basic human right as per European Union ideals.

Only in Macedonia could a government bend over backwards to appease its oppressors - Greece, Bulgaria, and Albania - and succumb to every whim of its puppet master - the United States. Only in Macedonia could its government cancel Independence Day celebrations in order to not "offend" its oppressors. This is what happened in Toronto, but Canadian-Macedonian organizations have stepped up to fill the void left by the anti-Macedonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The West makes every effort to apply technical arguments as to why oppressing Macedonians' rights is justified. Yet, apply the same situation to any other country or ethnic group, and the West will vehemently defend their rights. The double-standard has united Macedonians in defence of our rights, yet Macedonia's politicians are either openly anti-Macedonian, or lack the backbone to defend it.

So, MHRMI is marking this 26th year of the Republic of Macedonia's independence, by condemning the most anti-Macedonian government in our history - the current SDS regime. DPMNE, you had, and still have, the chance to stand up for Macedonia with one simple action - condemning the UN name/identity negotiations - but you have only showed that you lack the backbone to do so. SDS, you have the same chance. Recall Zaev, Dimitrov et al, and END the name negotiations, if, for no other reason than to spite your opponent. God knows that both parties are willing to do that much more than act in Macedonia's best interests.

For those of you who believe that Macedonia "must" negotiate its name to enter the EU and NATO - wake up. The reason that Macedonia is not in the EU and NATO is BECAUSE Macedonia is negotiating its name. The reason that the West calls for Macedonia to change its name is BECAUSE Macedonia is negotiating its name. As MHRMI has repeatedly stated - the artificial name dispute is the overarching issue that is wreaking havoc in ALL aspects of life in Macedonia. Demand an end to the name negotiations NOW. As MHRMI's Our Name Is Macedonia campaign states - Who Gave You the Right to Negotiate My Name?

--- Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) has been active on human and national rights issues for Macedonians and other oppressed peoples since 1986. For more information: 1-416-850-7125, [email protected], www.mhrmi.org, www.twitter.com/mhrmi, www.facebook.com/mhrmi, www.mhrmi.org/OurNameIsMacedonia

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Were Independence Day celebrations cancelled? Did I miss something?
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            Were Independence Day celebrations cancelled? Did I miss something?
            In the Republic or here in Oz?
            I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• MHRMI
              • Dec 2009

The anti-Macedonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs cancelled the annual event in Toronto. The United Macedonians Organization of Canada (not to be confused with "UMD" of course, United was formed in 1959) stepped in and held an event. It's related to the Macedonian Consul General attending Ilinden celebrations and speaking in front of a map of united Macedonia. We'll be issuing another press release about the most recent events. MHRMI President Bill Nicholov attended the September 8, 2017 event and gave a speech in front of the same map. Please see our social media for a pic: www.facebook.com/mhrmi, www.twitter.com/mhrmi, www.twitter.com/billnicholov

Comment

• MHRMI
                • Dec 2009

MHRMI launches a new OUR NAME IS MACEDONIA campaign! Billboards are up in Macedonia!

***HELP US SPREAD THE WORD***
                MHRMI launches a new OUR NAME IS MACEDONIA campaign! See pics of our billboards at www.mhrmi.org/OurNameIsMacedonia. Billboards went up in Skopje and Bitola and soon will be in Tetovo and other cities throughout Macedonia along with television & radio commercials, newspaper & online ads, press conferences and hundreds of thousands of flyers. OUR NAME IS MACEDONIA! STOP NEGOTIATING OUR NAME AND IDENTITY!

English translation:

Who Gave You the Right to Negotiate MY Name and Identity?

"If I were Macedonian, I would NOT negotiate my name" - UN Envoy Matthew Nimetz

"There would be absolutely no consequences if Macedonia stops negotiating its name" - US State Department

The name dispute is tied to everything: EU, NATO, Bulgaria Agreement, Law on Languages.

END THE NAME NEGOTIATIONS NOW!

OUR NAME IS MACEDONIA. mhrmi.org/OurNameIsMacedonia

--- Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) has been active on human and national rights issues for Macedonians and other oppressed peoples since 1986. For more information: 1-416-850-7125, [email protected], www.mhrmi.org, www.twitter.com/mhrmi, www.facebook.com/mhrmi, www.mhrmi.org/OurNameIsMacedonia

Comment

• maco2envy
                  • Jan 2015

The Bulgarian minority was officially recognized by Albania, local media reported. This was after the amendments to the Minority Protection Bill, approved by consensus in the country's parliamentary legal committee.

The Bulgarian minority was officially recognized by Albania, local media reported.

This was after the amendments to the Minority Protection Bill, approved by consensus in the country's parliamentary legal committee.

The official position of Tirana until recently was that the Bulgarians living in Albania for centuries have no special status. The European Parliament has called for the ethnicity of the Bulgarians living in Prespa, Golo Bardo and Gora to be recognized, estimated at some 50,000 people, BTV said. They have remained since the time Albania was part of the medieval Bulgarian state. Before Communism came to Bulgaria, Sofia was taking care of its compatriots, but then they were forgotten.

In September, Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov told his Albanian counterpart, Eddie Rama, that he expects the new law to contain texts that would protect the rights of the Bulgarian minority in the country. For its part, Rama has committed that Albania will not harm the interests of the Bulgarians. The minorities now recognized in Albania will become 9: Greek, Macedonian, Wallachian, Montenegrin, Serb, Roma, Egyptian, Bosnian and Bulgarian.
                  Please tell me this is fake news...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Line up for the Bulgarian passports folks!
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• maco2envy
                      • Jan 2015

Boyko Borissov claimed that Albania has recognized the "Bulgarian" minority on his twitter account. Is there anything official on the Albanian side?

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by maco2envy View Post
                        Boyko Borissov claimed that Albania has recognized the "Bulgarian" minority on his twitter account. Is there anything official on the Albanian side?
                        Haven't heard anything about this from any party appart from Borissov. Albania announced intentions to introduce new minority rights legislation which was aimed at a bunch of groups, including Macedonians but Bulgarians were not mention in it.
                        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Niko777
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          I don't see anything about the other *Bulgarians* in Greece who are treated even worse.
                          Greece is not Albania or the Republic of Macedonia. Bulgaria will never dare to raise the issue with Greece, it only picks on countries that are weaker and smaller than itself.

Comment

• Starling
                            • Sep 2017

It's stuff like this that reminds me that WW2 only ended 72 years ago, the civil rights movement in the US only ~57 years ago and everyone pretends racism is over without really questioning the lack of actual resolution for issues predating WW1. People don't want to admit their society is still racist and bigoted until literal neo-nazis walk the streets spouting the same anti-semitic rhetoric that preceded the holocaust within the lifetime of its victims. You could probably tell them all about every aspect of the EU's failures and biased policies and they probably still wouldn't do anything about it until they're personally affected. At least people with actual morals would listen but sadly have little means to do anything about it. For now best we can do seems to be raising awareness for the issue and explaining the real situation to people.

Comment

• Niko777
                              • Oct 2010

This is the sad truth: If Bulgaria was not in EU/Nato, there would never have been a Bulgarian friendship agreement or recognition of a Bulgarian minority in Albania. If Macedonia had become an EU member before Bulgaria/Greece, today the Macedonian minority would have been recognized in those countries.

Comment

• Starling
                                • Sep 2017

For some reason I didn't realize Bulgaria joined the EU too. It's bad enough that Greece made it in but you'd think Bulgaria wouldn't have enough people in their back pocket to buy their way in while Macedonia supposedly fails to meet standards.

Comment

Working...
                                X