X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • machorot
    • May 2010

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post

Does anyone know the name of the third guy that speaks in this clip (The guy with a white goatee),? It sounds like he is a member of the local council.

He said "One thing i'll just say, about the Macedonian situation, and the way in which ATG is being stolen by the slavic Macedonians in the same way that the elgin Marbles were stolen from the parthenon...."

I believe his speech also warrants a complaint to the human rights commission.

Comment

• Frank
      Banned
      • Mar 2010

Greek was introduced in Victoria some years back also the Macedonian Community took thier right to court and won

What is disgusting in this Rann stunt is he well and truly knows after the pain he has caused Macedonians he decides to conteplate this a man without a shreed of honour

But also a Man who in two weeks could have been destroyed and removed from Political Power if the Macedonian Embassy responded to the 4 time plee's by ABC media who wanted to open like a bomb his affair with the Greeks

The Macedonian Embassy never repsonded to calls NEVER and the Macedonians actually cast a vote for another party in the Election campaign instead of not voting for a sole

The vote for minor parties in the Australia System always gets routed back to the majors Macedonians just dont get it and Macedonians deserve to be treated like morons. As long as 3 weeks after the event a 1 page Aderviser Advert then a decision for the courts was the slow response made foward

Being media savy would have destroyed his political life

Comment

• Serdarot
        • Feb 2010

i don´t know if this is of any use...

Peter Hill, author of the section "Macedonians" in the official Australian bicentennial encyclopedia, The Australian People (perhaps 200.000 Macedonians live in Australia), writes:

"What is certain, is that Alexander´s mother tongue was NOT Greek."

btw, it isn´t strange at all, that this clawn acts like this.

Greece is full of money now, they received BILLIONS of Euros, our money, stolen from us, the taxpayers across EU.

you think they gonna spend those money on developing the rights of the non-greeks in "greece" , and their economy???

i am more than sure that good part of that money will go on anti-Macedonian and anti-Turkish campaigns...

edit:

(i think bratot and probably other have met the book, "Macedonia and Greece: the struggle to define a new Balkan nation" ; by John Shea )

With the break-up of the former Yugoslavia, an old conflict between Greece and Macedonia has taken on added significance for the international community. The genesis of the conflict is detailed here, as well as the modern-day events that have led many observers to believe that the area is a flashpoint for a major war.
        Last edited by Serdarot; 07-06-2010, 08:24 PM.
        Bratot:
        Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Rann in State Parliament 23rd June 2010 on the Human Rights Commission complaint

MULTICULTURAL AFFAIRS

Mr PICCOLO (Light) (14:16): My question is to the Premier. Can the Premier please update the house on a complaint to the Human Rights Commission concerning his advocacy for the proper recognition of Hellenic Macedonia?

The Hon. M.D. RANN (Ramsay—Premier, Minister for Economic Development, Minister for Social Inclusion, Minister for the Arts, Minister for Sustainability and Climate Change) (14:16): I thank the honourable member for this very serious question. I want also to acknowledge the honourable member's deep and ongoing interest in multicultural affairs. Members may recall that there was some publicity earlier this year when members of the self-described Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee complained about criticisms I had made of the incumbent president and, indeed, government of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. I received correspondence in February this year from the President of the Australian Human Rights Commission, Justice Catherine Branson QC. In part, her letter stated:
          The Australian Human Rights Commission has received a complaint from Mr George Vlahov on behalf of himself and others. The complaint alleges racial hatred under the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.
          Justice Branson went on to say:

Mr Vlahov states that, in 2009, you made a speech at a Greek community event and that during that speech you made certain comments that implied that ethnic Macedonians are thieves and that ethnic Macedonians are stirring up trouble.

I replied to the commission's president to refute the allegation. My response of 10 March 2010, in part, stated:

On Sunday 15 November 2009, I attended the Dimitria Festival as an official guest at the invitation of the Pan-Macedonian Association. I addressed the President of the association, Mr George Genimahaliotis, other members of the association, their official guests and members of the public who attended the festival.

I strongly refute any allegation that in my speech, or on any other occasion on which I have spoken on this issue, I said anything that could offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate any person or persons on the basis of their race, national or ethnic origin. The speech contained criticisms directed at the policies and decisions of the incumbent president of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia [also known internationally as] (FYROM).

My remarks were clearly directed at the conduct of a government and not of its people and moreover were not based on race, ethnicity or nationality. My views on the provocative actions of successive governments of FYROM are consistent with the criticisms also made by other European Union countries and the United Nations.

In my speech, I specifically drew a distinction between the conduct of the political leadership of FYROM and its people. I also referred briefly to the importance of not overshadowing the contribution to history of the people of FYROM. The allegation that my comments carry the implication that 'ethnic Macedonians' are thieves cannot be made out.
          That was part of what I said in my letter. In my response, I went on to state:

In my public and personal life over decades, I have spoken out against racial and ethnic discrimination. I have supported causes and organisations that represent a vast range of racial and ethnic groups to promote multiculturalism and freedom from discrimination. I have abhorred racism as a former minister of Aboriginal affairs, a former minister assisting in ethnic affairs, and as premier I have been officially honoured by three overseas nations and South Australian and national community organisations for my commitment to multiculturalism.

My commitment to racial and ethnic tolerance is not diminished by my commitment to speak out on political issues, particularly when such issues are relevant to ethnic communities that have settled in South Australia. I have, for example, been very critical of the policy of successive governments of Great Britain over their refusal to restore the Parthenon Marbles to their rightful place in Greece. I have been critical of the policies of the Turkish government in maintaining a large military presence in Cyprus in contravention of UN declarations and thereby supporting an illegal regime. I was critical of the then government of South Africa for its horrendous policy of apartheid and other racially discriminatory practices. In the past I was critical of the French government for undertaking testing of nuclear weapons in the Pacific Ocean.

Of course I have a particular interest in this area—history—and, along with my friend Jeff Kennett in Victoria, have received the Philip of Macedon Award and, indeed, the Alexander the Great Award, again for my interest in this area.

So, I regard it as horrendous to be falsely accused of racism. There is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone criticising any government. People criticise the South Australian government but no-one accuses them of racism; people accuse the former Howard government, but they were criticising the policies and not their race.

I recently received a letter from commission president Justice Branson in which she informed me:

I am writing to you that it is my present intention to terminate the complaint under section 46PH(1)(c) of the Australian Human Rights Commission Act 1986 as I am satisfied the complaint to be lacking in substance.

I stand on my record of commitment to racial and ethnic tolerance, and that is in no way diminished by my commitment to speak out on political issues, particularly when such issues are relevant to ethnic communities that have settled here in South Australia. I will not be intimidated by anyone from speaking out forthrightly on behalf of historical truth—and indeed on human rights and justice.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Along with Jeff Kennet, you will be condemned for your actions Mr Rann.

I have emailed the Australian Human Rights Commission asking them to please explain how Mr Rann can be informed of a judgement that has not been issued yet.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

[email protected]

Hello,
              I am yet to receive a response in relation to Premier Rann's comments about a supposed AHRC judgement in relation to the Macedonian matter.

I refer to the following comment he made in State Parliament on 23/6/10:
              "I recently received a letter from commission president Justice Branson in which she informed me:

I am writing to you that it is my present intention to terminate the complaint under section 46PH(1)(c) of the Australian Human Rights Commission Act 1986 as I am satisfied the complaint to be lacking in substance."
              Why is he informed of any such judgement in preference to the the aggrieved Macedonians? Can you please confirm the present status of this judgement?
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

Well it seems not only the Greek lobby is strong enough but it seems Australian authorities are pretty much corrupted too.

It's a shame allowing such people govern the country and it's a shame marginalizing and insulting the feelings of the Macedonian communities in Australia.
                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• MacoLionHeartSun
                  • Jun 2010

I recently received a letter from the Rann dept, I've not replied yet, I'm also thinking along the lines of RTG. The Anglosaxon Australian leaders understanding of RoM have all been polluted by the Hellenes.
                  What right has the Rann government to question my heritage! I feel descrimanted by his remarks.

Under the RDA, acts of racial hatred are against the law. Racial hatred is defined as offensive behaviour that occurs in public and is based on the race, colour, or national or ethnic origin of a person or group of people. The behaviour must make you feel offended, insulted, humiliated or intimidated. There are exceptions, however, for acts that are done ‘reasonably and in good faith’

eg,
                  Michael, who is Aboriginal, was researching information on the Internet for his University course and found an internet site which allowed people to publish offensive comments about Aboriginal people

I supose the exception applies to the Rann government's umbrella?

Comment

• fyrOM
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2010

You answer your own questions.
                    for acts that are done ‘reasonably and in good faith’
                    and
                    speaking out forthrightly on behalf of historical truth—and indeed on human rights and justice.

FYROM is the internationally accepted term then every politician will hide behind its not me it’s the internationally accepted truth.

Likewise they will use the same defence when speaking on behalf of historical truth and thereby are acting in ‘reasonably and in good faith’ hence you loose.

Comment

• fyrOM
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2010

Maybe we could redirec Ran to
                      Macedonian Truth Forum > Macedonian Truth Forum > Exposing Lies and PropagandaGreece, History, Truth

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

Is there an appeals process??
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by julie View Post
                          Is there an appeals process??
                          There has not even been a judgement Julie.
                          Rann possibly got a whisper of something and went with it in parliament.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

Cheers RTG

What I dont understand is how this judge has terminated the complaint without a judgement!
                            Surely if there are investigations or legal proceedings still pending, these matters cannot be leaked or discussed unless said judgement has passed?

Rann has just breached confidentiality clauses as a SA public servant, or does this not apply to parliament? code of conduct obviously does not apply in SA, or discilplinary action for breaches
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

I suspect Rann can say whatever he wants in Parliament under the guise of parliamentary privilege.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Stojacanec
                                • Dec 2009

If M Rann has any idea how emotional the topic is from both sides he would know the comments made were inappropriate and damagaing to one side with the view to elevetate himself within the other.

Philip and Alexander were Macdedonian warriors. Why he got an award in their honour I'll never know.

Maybe it pays big dividends to publicly support a Greek agenda. If the greeks stop paying for their propaganda maybe they wouldn't be in so much debt at the moment.

When I think of Mike Rann I think of a fool that got his head kicked in for his extra curricula activities.

Honestly, don't know why he is still in power, no one likes him.

Comment

Working...
                                X