• Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Macedonians mentioned in 1824 Encyclopedia Britannica

Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

The Hungarians confound me a little. They really do look quite familiar in the sense that many would blend in with a "Macedonian look". Yet their language is a shocker, I can't make sense of it.

I wonder what the author meant by the "followers of the Greek church" in his text.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Onur
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      The Hungarians confound me a little. They really do look quite familiar in the sense that many would blend in with a "Macedonian look". Yet their language is a shocker, I can't make sense of it.

Hungarians are really a dilemma and they confound me too. Hungarian language was always a point of interest for every Turkish linguists because there are about 5000 common words between Turkish and Hungarian language and it`s not related with the Ottoman Empire times either. Hungarian scholars are interested with Turkish language too, since 19th century.

They are definitely originated from Eurasia, Caucasus nomadic people. Already, about %30-35 of their population was consisted with Cumans.

This quote from the Britannica is really weird tough. Hungarians with Armenians, Macedonians and Greek orthodoxy??? I`ve never heard something like that. I think this is some kind of politically oriented information from 1824.
      Last edited by Onur; 06-13-2010, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• mango
        • Feb 2010

I wonder what the author meant by the "followers of the Greek church" in his text.
        The language of the Hungarians is Finno-Ugrik, similar to Finnish. Hungarians for "thank you" say 'tesek' and Turks 'tesekur.'

"Followors of the Greek" church probably means Orthodox Christians. Greek is evidently misnomer for Roman (Romeic).

Comment

• Daskalot
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mango View Post
          The language of the Hungarians is Finno-Ugrik, similar to Finnish. Hungarians for "thank you" say 'tesek' and Turks 'tesekur.'

"Followors of the Greek" church probably means Orthodox Christians. Greek is evidently misnomer for Roman (Romeic).
          Thank you for the clarifications Mango and welcome to the forum.
          Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by mango View Post

Welcome mango.

Tesek

I was actually aware of the Finno-Ugrik connection. I guess I was surprised that so many people look indigenous to the region yet adopted this language from so far away. I have always wondered about any language connections amongst Circassian/Hungarian/Albanian ... I did not realise the Turkish connection.

Perhaps I simply do not grasp how de-populated Europe may have been once upon a time.

My query about the "followers of the Greek church" was more focused on the fact they would normally (and ignorantly) be called Greeks by modern authors. This particular author felt the need to distinguish many nationalities yet could not bring himself to actually even mention "Greeks". A little curious I suppose.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

welcome Mango
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Onur
                • Apr 2010

I was actually aware of the Finno-Ugrik connection. I guess I was surprised that so many people look indigenous to the region yet adopted this language from so far away. I have always wondered about any language connections amongst Circassian/Hungarian/Albanian ... I did not realise the Turkish connection.

Perhaps I simply do not grasp how de-populated Europe may have been once upon a time.

You can read about Hungarians and their language from this book;

"The Uralic language family: facts, myths and statistics"
                by Angela Marcantonio

In this detailed survey of Finnish, Hungarian, Lapp and the other Uralic Languages, Angela Marcantonio shows there is in fact no scientific evidence to support the belief that they form a genetic family. If this approach is accepted, this detailed analysis will have far-reaching consequences for other assumed language families.
                Last edited by Onur; 06-13-2010, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X