Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skolovranec
    • Mar 2017

We need to build a wall too. On the border with Kosovo, perhaps even Albania. Money far better spent than building any more churches, mosques, monuments or baroque buildings (God knows we have enough of each for centuries ahead).
    Anti-EU Pro-Guns National-Libertarian Trekkie Minarchist
    Anti-NATO Pro-United MK Agnostic Secularist Magick Occultist
    Anti-UN Pro-Military Meritocratic Integrationist Altruistic Socio-Darwinist
    Anti-Globalist Pro-Choice Intellectual Pirate Spiritual Vagabond

Comment

• vicsinad
      • May 2011

Well, the Ottoman Empire is still making a steady comeback...

Macedonian Fined for Offending Erdogan on Facebook
      In an unusual and potentially disturbing verdict, a court in Skopje has fined a Macedonian citizen for offending Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Facebook.

The Skopje Criminal Court sentenced "L.A". who holds dual, Macedonian and Turkish citizenship to a 400-euro fine which could be turned into a prison sentence if the fine is not paid, Turkey's Anadolu news agency reported on Friday.

The verdict says the accused was found guilty of having "published ironic statements and directed insults towards the leader of a foreign country".

The indictment, raised by the Turkish Embassy in Skopje in late 2016, read that the indicted person, "on his own profile on one social network, has done harm to the image of the Republic of Turkey and to its President Erdogan".
      In an unusual and potentially disturbing verdict, a court in Skopje has fined a Macedonian citizen for offending Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Facebook.

Comment

• Gocka
        • Dec 2012

Meanwhile in Turkey

Meanwhile this flavor of psychopathy is being allowed to go on by the west. Oh and Turkey is waging war in a neighboring country. Disgusting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/26/w...rl-martyr.html

[quote]STANBUL — From a stage where he led a raucous rally exhorting Turks to support their soldiers in Syria, the Turkish president spotted a 6-year-old girl cadet in the crowd, dressed in military-style camouflage and wearing a maroon beret. Her lips trembling, she stood ramrod-straight as she gave a salute.

Beckoned by the president, the girl was lifted into the air and toward the stage to meet with him. But she looked hesitant, and eventually began crying, as the president went on to say that she would be honored if she were killed in combat.

Video clips of the encounter between the president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and the first grader, Amine Tiras, ricocheted across the internet over the weekend. While Turkish news agencies focused on the girl’s emotions — portraying her as brave and resolute — some online commentators said she had been used as a political prop and called it inappropriate.

At the very least, the themes of military service, patriotism and martyrdom seemed rather mature for a first grader.

“Her Turkish flag is in her pocket,” Mr. Erdogan proclaimed after calling Amine onstage. “If she becomes a martyr, God willing, she will be wrapped with it,” he said. “She is ready for everything, aren’t you?”

Mr. Erdogan has dispatched Turkish forces to the border area of Syria to battle Kurdish militias he considers Turkey’s enemies, and has been rallying his country for the fight including in daily public speeches.

The girl, according to Turkish news agency reports, had been attending the provincial congress of Mr. Erdogan’s Justice and Development Party in a military-style uniform on Saturday.[quote]

Comment

• Amphipolis
          Banned
          • Aug 2014

Things at Turkey are becoming crazier and crazier. We were almost at the brink of a war episode a couple of weeks ago. Here are two crazy stories.

A German boat asks Turkey for a permission to do research in Greek territorial waters. Turkey says OK.

The Turkish opposition leader is trying to propagate a new myth. That Greece occupied 18 Turkish islands in 2004 (?!?) and Erdogan is doing nothing about it. He also avoids naming the islands, but he did name one, Pserimos. Now, Turkish people don't have access to Wikipedia anymore, but they DID start to google to find out where/what Pserimos is. I don't know what's next.

-----------------
          Last edited by Amphipolis; 02-27-2018, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
            Things at Turkey are becoming crazier and crazier. We were almost at the brink of a war episode a couple of weeks ago. Here are two crazy stories.

A German boat asks Turkey for a permission to do research in Greek territorial waters. Turkey says OK.

The Turkish opposition leader is trying to propagate a new myth. That Greece occupied 18 Turkish islands in 2004 (?!?) and Erdogan is doing nothing about it. He also avoids naming the islands, but he did name one, Pserimos. Now, Turkish people don't have access to Wikipedia anymore, but they DID start to google to find out where/what Pserimos is. I don't know what's next.

-----------------
            ...the pot calling the kettle black.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              ...the pot calling the kettle black.
              Griks really live in an alternate universe with their alternate facts. Grik islands, Grik coffee, Grik feta, Grik, Grik, Grik.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                Griks really live in an alternate universe with their alternate facts. Grik islands, Grik coffee, Grik feta, Grik, Grik, Grik.
                It always makes me laugh when I hear (read) a greek calling somebody else "crazy"...you're talking about the most deluded group of people on the planet...psychosis on a national level.
                Last edited by Phoenix; 02-28-2018, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                  It always makes me laugh when I hear (read) a greek calling somebody else "crazy"...
                  You've gotta do what you've gotta do to deflect from the plate smashing.
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    Lately they've been saying Macedonia Macedonia Macedonia, I won't say it's been futile. The Gornadians should take note.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Amphipolis
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2014

Turkey Threatens to Invade Greece and Seize Aegean Islands

Turkish politicians, including both President Erdogan and his major opponents, talk about invading Greece to seize Aegean islands.

Comment

• Carlin
                        • Dec 2011

URL:
                        https://www.freeinquiry.gr/single-post.php?id=4344

The myth of Turkish nationalism about racial purity of the Turks

Earlier this year, Turkey opened its hitherto secret register of its population, a monumental record of births dating back to the Ottoman period. On the site that provides access to all public services in Turkey, a genealogy tab is now added. Users can download documents about their ancestors, with files starting in 1882.

Since the emergence of the new service, roots, migration, purity and hybridity have dominated the WhatsApp discussion, offices and cafes. In just two days, more than 5 million Turks searched their legacy in the register. The interest was so intense that for some hours the site collapsed and the government was forced to deactivate the service for several days.

For a century, the Turkish state imposed on its citizens a rigid national identity, which excluded ethnic origin and prompted "pure" Turkishness. The opening of the government's archives has enormously attracted people. As the Turks absorb the news about their ethnic diversity, the age-old concept of racial purity, built and imposed by the state, has begun to collapse.

Some Turks, especially those whose families have lived in the same cities for generations, felt confirmation as it turned out to be deeply rooted. But others were disappointed. A Turkish nationalist learned that his grandmother was of Kurdish origin. A friend of a surprised writer discovered that his grandfather's name was Isaac. One of my neighbors discovered that he had European roots and decided to apply for dual citizenship.

The genealogical data is only for private use, and they reveal how meticulously the Turkish state has been watching its citizens for the past two centuries. "It turns out that my native descent is from Yerevan," wrote a user on Eksi Sozluk, where thousands of comments were posted on the subject. "Meanwhile, my father-in-law is Georgian. I'm in shock. "

The left-wing Turks were disturbed by this interest in genealogy, fearing that it could lead to tribalism, even in civil war. But the publisher of the Armenian magazine Agos considered it to be welcome. He interviewed a professor of Anthropology who called it the "revolutionary" movement and considered it "a serious sign of normalization" by breaking down the imaginary ethnic purity of Turkish nationalism. Indeed, a 2012 study in the Annals of Human Genetics magazine found that the parental origin of the inhabitants were 38% European, 35% Middle Eastern, 18% South Asian, and 9% Central Asia.
                        Last edited by Carlin; 05-08-2018, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

Actually all of us come from Ottoman Empire post-1882. Where is Onur when we need him? Can anyone here help or is willing to try? Where is this website (in Turkish I guess) to start with?

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

This is the worlds most advanced aircraft.

"Turkey to receive first F-35 fighter from US next month"
                            The United States will deliver the first F-35 joint strike fighter to Turkey on June 21 as part of a longstanding partnership between the two allies, despite attempts by the U.S. Congress to block the procurement of such weaponry to the Turkish government.
                            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Carlin
                              • Dec 2011

Black Turks

"NOT ALL AFRO-TURKS ARE DESCENDANTS OF SLAVES. SOME ARE DESCENDANTS OF GREEK SPEAKING BLACK MUSLIMS FROM CRETE."
                              Last edited by Carlin; 05-19-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Carlin
                                • Dec 2011

Turkey: Even birds need our consent to fly in the Aegean

With Greece featuring prominently in Turkey’s election campaigning, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu raised the tension a notch again Thursday, warning that not even a bird will fly over the Aegean without Ankara’s permission.

Responding to criticism by Turkish ultra-nationalists that 18 islands have been “lost” to Greece in recent years, Cavusoglu said that since the crisis over the Imia islets in 1996 there have been no changes in the legal status of the Aegean.

“Not only during our own rule, but before that there has been no change in the status of the Aegean. We will not allow this. Even in the case of research we will not give permission, not even to a bird in the Aegean,” he said during an interview with a Turkish radio station.

He went on to say that Turkey will make no concessions in the Aegean and Cyprus, and that Ankara will also begin gas exploration “around” the Eastern Mediterranean island. “We also have a drill,” he said.

Turkey has vowed to stop Cyprus from drilling for gas and oil in its exclusive economic zone (EEZ), insisting there can be no development of the island’s natural resources without the participation of the Turkish Cypriots in the island’s Turkish-occupied north.

“In the last few months we have prevented drilling and we drove the Italians away. We will not allow anyone to take away the rights of Turkish Cypriots,” he said.

Cyprus government spokesman Prodromos Prodromou said that Nicosia will not be dragged into the “climate of tension” that Turkey is cultivating. He cited international law and said that Cyprus has an established EEZ. Moreover, he said the US, Russia and the European Union have all backed Cyprus’s rights.

With Greece featuring prominently in Turkey’s election campaigning, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu raised the tension a notch again Thursday, warning that not even a bird will fly over the Aegean without Ankara’s permission.

Comment

Working...
                                X