• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphipolis
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Constellation View Post
    Wow. Now this is a startling statement to make. The statement is particularly striking for someone who is a professor and intellectual, as one would assume she would be a bit more intelligent and less xenophobic than your typical Greek.
    Borza (for instance) agreed with her. You should start making a list of scientists (historians or archaeologists) who disagree with her.

Comment

• Nikolaj
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
      Borza (for instance) agreed with her. You should start making a list of scientists (historians or archaeologists) who disagree with her.
      Borza agreed with her on what? That the sky is blue?

Comment

• Philosopher
        • Sep 2008

Rather than making a list of scientists who disagree with her, can you please explain to us how we can objectively measure the presence of modern day Macedonians in the Balkans?

Comment

• Amphipolis
          Banned
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Nikolaj View Post
          Borza agreed with her on what? That the sky is blue?
          Yes, more or less.
          history-of-macedonia.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, history-of-macedonia.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Originally posted by Philosopher View Post
          Rather than making a list of scientists who disagree with her, can you please explain to us how we can objectively measure the presence of modern day Macedonians in the Balkans?
          I don't understand the question.

Comment

• Philosopher
            • Sep 2008

I don't understand the question.
            If Macedonians are "Slavs" and "Bulgarians", it would necessarily follow that their presence in the Balkans begins as early as the 5th, 6th, or 7th century.

Would you agree with this or not?

Comment

• Amphipolis
              Banned
              • Aug 2014

Faklaris (in an interview) also agrees that this can not be the dead for whom the Tomb was built but rather an earlier or later poor burial.

Comment

• Philosopher
                • Sep 2008

If Macedonians are "Slavs" and "Bulgarians", it would necessarily follow that their presence in the Balkans begins as early as the 5th, 6th, or 7th century.

Would you agree with this or not?
                Are you going to answer this question or not?

Comment

• Amphipolis
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2014

Are you going to answer this question or not?
                  I think you should move this to another thread.

Comment

• Philosopher
                    • Sep 2008

A fine diplomatic answer.

Here is the problem. You provide a translation of an interview of a prominent Greek professor wherein she uses the racial slur “Skopjans”, followed by “Slavs”, and “Bulgarians”.

You did not repudiate these statements. Indeed, you support her statements.

You agree with professors Borza and Palagia that modern day Macedonians are Slavs/Bulgarians who only adopted a Macedonian consciousness recently.

We take issue with this.

Greek and Western historians work under this paradigm. The ancient Macedonian government used Koine. The Slavs arrived in the Balkans in the 6th century. Modern day Macedonians speak Slavic. Thus, modern day Macedonians are not Macedonians, but Slavs.

This is what I call a linear theory of ignorance.

I think you should move this to another thread.
                    You won't answer the question anyway, so what is the point?

Comment

• Amphipolis
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2014

Here is the problem. You provide a translation of an interview of a prominent Greek professor wherein she uses the racial slur “Skopjans”, followed by “Slavs”, and “Bulgarians”.
                      This is a google translation (which can be messy) but these terms are accurately translated from Greek. This interview is very long and interesting and the final two questions are also (politically) interesting, I had no intention to censor them (if that's what you wanted).

You won't answer the question anyway, so what is the point?
                      I didn't say I won't answer. It just seemed like a very very generic discussion starting all over again in the wrong thread.

Comment

• Philosopher
                        • Sep 2008

This is a google translation (which can be messy) but these terms are accurately translated from Greek. This interview is very long and interesting and the final two questions are also (politically) interesting, I had no intention to censor them (if that's what you wanted).
                        The issue here is not censorship. She is free to express her thoughts. The issue here is that you did not repudiate them; and based on your comments, it appears you agree with them.

Now since you agree with the comments that Macedonians are Skopjans, Slavs, and Bulgarians, I asked you for objective scientific evidence to support this hypothesis.

I didn't say I won't answer. It just seemed like a very very generic discussion starting all over again in the wrong thread.
                        It is not a very very generic discussion. It was a question.

Maybe your Greek friend Panos can provide his thoughts?

Comment

• Amphipolis
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2014

It is not a very very generic discussion. It was a question.
                          Maybe your Greek friend Panos can provide his thoughts?
                          It is so generic, there's nothing more generic than this. And who is Panos?

Comment

• spitfire
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by SoutherNeighbour View Post
                            Spot on.Its obvious that the bs Samaras government is turning this into a reality show.If you poll ordinary Greeks I am pretty sure most will say that the Amphipolis tomb is Alexander's last resting place.With the help of the media the bs Samaras administration has turned this serious discovery into a circus.
                            I am also bothered by the reality show. Just to let you know my feelings as a greek.
                            I'm pretty sure that there is political manipulation behind it, but it is not fair for the excavation.
                            Samaras administration is crap all the way! Couldn't agree more.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
                              I am also bothered by the reality show. Just to let you know my feelings as a greek.
                              I'm pretty sure that there is political manipulation behind it, but it is not fair for the excavation.
                              I can't see any reality show. Actually, I can only complain for the opposite reason. There should be more frequent and extended announcements, there should be more pictures and videos.

Comment

• spitfire
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2014

I can't see any reality show. Actually, I can only complain for the opposite reason. There should be more frequent and extended announcements, there should be more pictures and videos.
                                OK let me clarify. Don't you think that the announcements and photos and generally every information that comes out is selected in terms of when?

I find this annoying. You agree with me in a sense. For instance. There were no photos of the skeleton. Not even a bone. Why do we have to wait until they reach a conclusion and then publish everything? That's because, in my opinion, they want to make it a reality show. This, my opinion again, is directed by the government.
                                I'm not saying that they are destorting anything about the excavation. I'm only saying that there is manipulation, and I find it annoying.

Comment

Working...
                                X