X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Macedonia's Human Rights Violations against the Macedonian's

According to H. Victor Condé, who teaches international human rights law at Trinity International University in California and at the International Institute of Human Rights in Strasbourg France, there is no universally accepted and authoritative definition of a human right. Many define it as a legally enforceable claim or entitlement that is held by an individual human being vis-a-vis the state government, for the protection of the inherent human dignity of the human being. Human Rights Violations, Condé says, are acts of a state that violate the human dignity of individuals subject to its jurisdiction (for more info on H. Victor Condé's book click here http://www.nebraskapress.unl.edu/pro...gy,673481.aspx).

Is it too extreme to say that the Republic of Macedonia has committed human rights violations against the Macedonians within her boundaries by continuing to negotiate the name and identity of the nation and of the people. Has dignity been violated by accepting "fyrom" as the international name? Was changing the flag an act against the human dignity of the Macedonians?

What are your thoughts
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the successive Macedonian governments have violated the human rights of Macedonians.

However, it must be said that every Macedonian waving the Ventilator flag is effectively & symbolically declaring their rights have not been violated with respect to their identity.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the successive Macedonian governments have violated the human rights of Macedonians.

However, it must be said that every Macedonian waving the Ventilator flag is effectively & symbolically declaring their rights have not been violated with respect to their identity.
      That is true RTG.

I would say that the ongoing name negotiations as well as accepting the term "fyrom" as the international name of the country, which opened up the racist label 'fyromian' for Macedonia's neighbors/enemies, are two major cases for human rights violations against the Macedonians. I know there are more. I wonder what other MTO members think they are.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

TM,

I am of the view that human rights can be violated by both individuals and groups (organisations, states etc.).

If I get a chance over the next few days, I might put up my view of which Macedonian rights have been violated and why/how.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
          TM,

I am of the view that human rights can be violated by both individuals and groups (organisations, states etc.).

If I get a chance over the next few days, I might put up my view of which Macedonian rights have been violated and why/how.
          Can't wait to see what you got Vangelovski.

Comment

• makedonche
            • Oct 2008

TM
            I'll go one step further in saying not only have the macedonians of the republic had their human rights abused/watered down/trodden on, but so have all Macedonians, beacause the name/symbols/culture/history/language and right to self determination belongs to all Macedonians - not just those in the republic. By going further I mean it is an act of treason bordering social genocide of all the Macedonians throughout the world. The Macedonians of the ROM have the ability to use the constitution of the ROM against the treachery of the past and current politicians, whilst the diaspora macedonians have other alternatives.
            On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Excellent thread topic TM.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

This is a good topic.
                Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                Is it too extreme to say that the Republic of Macedonia has committed human rights violations against the Macedonians within her boundaries by continuing to negotiate the name and identity of the nation and of the people. Has dignity been violated by accepting "fyrom" as the international name? Was changing the flag an act against the human dignity of the Macedonians?
                Not extreme at all. In fact, designating these matters as a violation of human rights is the most accurate description. The Macedonian government(s), without consulting them, breached the trust of the Macedonian people and sold out their sovereignty and integrity. It cannot be viewed in any other way. And the more recent governments that have perpetuated this treachery are equally responsible for this violation, because they've done nothing to reverse the situation.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

I started thinking about this this evening and so many violations come to mind I don't know where to begin. Its provoked me to develop a list with accompanying explanations, which I will hopefully post here shortly...along with a lot of other stuff I hopefully will paste at some stage.

What was that dot called again RtG? I need one of those
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                    TM
                    I'll go one step further in saying not only have the macedonians of the republic had their human rights abused/watered down/trodden on, but so have all Macedonians, beacause the name/symbols/culture/history/language and right to self determination belongs to all Macedonians - not just those in the republic. By going further I mean it is an act of treason bordering social genocide of all the Macedonians throughout the world. The Macedonians of the ROM have the ability to use the constitution of the ROM against the treachery of the past and current politicians, whilst the diaspora macedonians have other alternatives.
                    I would replace the term 'social genocide' with the word ethnocide. You make a good point makedonche.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                      • Jan 2009

And thanks RTG and SoM. I am very curious to see what everyone can bring to this topic.

I guess we can say that 1993 was the start of these violations.

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

Its a good point.

By what authority has Gruevski decided he can and will negotiate our historical and political identity?

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                          I would replace the term 'social genocide' with the word ethnocide. You make a good point makedonche.
                          TM
                          Fair point! - possibly "identicide" - if there is such a term!
                          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

changed the flag without consulting the people.changed the name to rom skopje & still negotiating.Adopted the interim name of fyrom & not dropping it despite the countriy's constitutional name is macedonia.Signed the interim accord in 1995,
                            signed the ohrid agreement in 2001.THere are a lot of things to do with the sovereignity of the nation that are simply handed to the albanians.Macedonia not orking within the framework of the un to get recognition.We have the best recognition worldwide but at the worst possible scenarios of dealing with our neighbours greece.
                            A lot of human rights are broken by the eu & greece what does macedonia do nothing but compromise & capitulate just so that they can get into nato or eu.
                            Because of a catch 22 macedonia's stance of a ready & willing negotiator/participant macedonia is told by the us/eu/nato it has to change it's name.THe rom govt must accept full blame for this.Also the govt does not have a declaration for a mandate eg for human rights or anything.It got in with the albanian vote it's really letting the macedonian side down.The macedonian & albanian sides doing special deals underming our sovereignity.
                            Also a very big negative for the macedonian govt is it still doesn't care about the macedonian minority in all parts of macedonia like it should.A big let down the people are abused & pushed into oblivion & macedonian govt does nothink not even a whimper.
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

the macedonian govt is destroying our name by implying that we are not entitled to our name henceforth greece will get a monopoly on the name.It's the same as the flag issue.
                              Sporting teams are not allowed to wrap themselves in 16 ray sun.They prefer the ventilator.Also fyrom is used when it could be dropped as a reference it's just a referemce & not a name of a country.
                              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                              X