Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Not a compelling win by any means. I hope Croatia plays with heart and goes all the way.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Gocka
      • Dec 2012

France are going to beat whoever they are matched up with. On the face of it the win over Belgium might not look convincing but in footballing terms it was. Belgium was after France the best team in the tournament, with a very dangerous attack and France totally shut them down. At no point except for the first 10-15 minutes did Belgium look like they could win the game.

France look unconvincing but they never get out of 2nd gear. If they have to I think they can turn up the attacking threat significantly. The system they have built around Giroud is perfection. The big man always draws two defenders because of the Ariel threat, Mbappe forces the defense to sit deep so that he doesn't beat them over the top, which allows Giroud to constantly be in the box where he can bring the ball down for Griezman and runners from midfield. I play in Griezman's position and I would love to play in that trio. Pogba is a beast and Kante is like the energizer bunny in the middle and they have solid center backs and goalkeeper.

Croatia would have a lot of trouble scoring on France, and England would have a lot of trouble keeping them from scoring. England's threat is in the air, with likes of Giroud, Varane, Umtiti and Pogba, the Ariel threat is mitigated. Belgium tried that strategy with Felaini and Lukaku and it didn't work.

The zabari have this one in the bag as long as they keep to their tactics and keep their composure.

I'd love to see a smaller country like Croatia win it, but the gulf in talent is massive. The Croats can be proud of what they have done already. They are the only real nation in the Balkans imho.
      Last edited by Gocka; 07-10-2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Dejan
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
        France look unconvincing but they never get out of 2nd gear.
        I agree with this. Feels as though they have more in the tank.

I'd love to see a smaller country like Croatia win it, but the gulf in talent is massive. The Croats can be proud of what they have done already. They are the only real nation in the Balkans imho.
        Also agree with this. Out of the 4 teams in the semis, Croatia are the only nation with any trace of homogeneity, for now.
        You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Well done Croatia. They went down early but were the more dominant team overall, especially from the second half onward. They deserved the win. Hard to believe a Balkan team could be in the final, but if it was going to be anybody, it was Croatia. History in the making. Now all they need to do is knock out the frogs.
          I'd love to see a smaller country like Croatia win it, but the gulf in talent is massive.
          The gulf in 'talent' (if financial worth is the measure) was larger between Korea and Germany. Same for Russia and Spain. In both cases the more 'talented' team lost. Anyway, should be a great final.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Good on them for playing with passion.

I've never received a bad vibe from a Croat. I'm happy to back them all the way!

Last edited by Risto the Great; 07-11-2018, 06:00 PM.
            Risto the Great

Comment

• Gocka
              • Dec 2012

A big LOL at your overloads. They should stick to what they are good at, which is commentating on football, playing they should leave to others. They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and finally their lack of quality showed.

Croatia were nervous to start, but once they got over the hump they were head and shoulders better than England. At time England looked like me and my friends in our Sunday league. Constantly smashing the ball long over the top in hopes someone fast will run on to it. 9 of 12 goals coming from dead balls is not going to win you the world cup.

The gulf in 'talent' (if financial worth is the measure) was larger between Korea and Germany. Same for Russia and Spain. In both cases the more 'talented' team lost. Anyway, should be a great final.
              Sekoj den ne e veligden. Financial worth has nothing to do with it. If you go player by player in pure ability, technically, physically, France have a big advantage. Spain and Germany both lost because they assumed that they had to just show up, neither team looked particularly interested from the start of the tournament.

You have to remember that the Croatian leg of the tournament was very weak. Had either Croatia or England had to play through, France, Portugal, Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, or Belgium, they wouldn't have made it this far. France beat much better teams than Croatia to get here.

Another reason Croatia are at a big disadvantage is the fact that they have played 3 overtime games in a row, its a miracle that they aren't all injured by now. You could see signs of it toward the end of this last one. On top of that France have a deeper squad and one more day of rest.

I hope Croatia win it but my hope does nothing for them.

I hope its at least a competitive final, I'm a little worried about it being lopsided. Regardless way to go Croatia, living proof that even Balkan nations can do great things if they take their collective heads out of their collective ASS!

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                • Jan 2009

Great stuff by Croatia, they have so much self belief and big hearts.

It would be a fairy tale if they can go all the way through

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                  • Jan 2009

A big LOL at your overloads. They should stick to what they are good at, which is commentating on football, playing they should leave to others. They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and finally their lack of quality showed.

Croatia were nervous to start, but once they got over the hump they were head and shoulders better than England. At time England looked like me and my friends in our Sunday league. Constantly smashing the ball long over the top in hopes someone fast will run on to it. 9 of 12 goals coming from dead balls is not going to win you the world cup.

Sekoj den ne e veligden. Financial worth has nothing to do with it. If you go player by player in pure ability, technically, physically, France have a big advantage. Spain and Germany both lost because they assumed that they had to just show up, neither team looked particularly interested from the start of the tournament.

You have to remember that the Croatian leg of the tournament was very weak. Had either Croatia or England had to play through, France, Portugal, Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, or Belgium, they wouldn't have made it this far. France beat much better teams than Croatia to get here.

Another reason Croatia are at a big disadvantage is the fact that they have played 3 overtime games in a row, its a miracle that they aren't all injured by now. You could see signs of it toward the end of this last one. On top of that France have a deeper squad and one more day of rest.

I hope Croatia win it but my hope does nothing for them.

I hope its at least a competitive final, I'm a little worried about it being lopsided. Regardless way to go Croatia, living proof that even Balkan nations can do great things if they take their collective heads out of their collective ASS!
                  The croats seem to have it in their blood/genetics. They have always been good at sports. For example for a small nation they have produced a lot of great kickboxers and now MMA fighters.

In the Austro-hungarian empire and the first yugoslaiva they where known for their athleticism as well.

Croatia is the only great country in the balkans (i dont consider slovenia "really" balkan but if they where then they too would be great).

The yugoslav lie was that croats and serbs are the same people. In reality they are totally different, it wold be like saying swedes and cambodians are the same race. Serbs are losers like everyone else in the balkans

Comment

• Gocka
                    • Dec 2012

Comment of the year right there. I have always said believed that. Croats are on another level to the rest of the Balkans and always have been. The Croatian language was codified when? Music, culture, sport. Although about twice the size of Macedonia, they are still a relatively tiny nation, and they have kept their culture and character flawlessly. Yugoslavia set them back, like the rest of us.

During the American commentary (YUCK), they kept referring to them as a former Yugoslav nation. Open a history book and see how far back they go as a distinct people.

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
                    The yugoslav lie was that croats and serbs are the same people. In reality they are totally different, it wold be like saying swedes and cambodians are the same race. Serbs are losers like everyone else in the balkans

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

Notice the stupid Greek who refers to the Croatian girl as 'slavic'. She has an ethnic identity you idiot. It's like referring to Liz Hurley as a Germanic beauty, lol.
                      If you go player by player in pure ability, technically, physically, France have a big advantage. Spain and Germany both lost because they assumed that they had to just show up, neither team looked particularly interested from the start of the tournament.
                      By your reasoning regarding France vs Croatia, Germany and Spain should have easily won their games. But they didn't because they weren't interested, or so you say (surely it had nothing to do with a desire to win by Korea and Russia). What is the determining factor then, gulf in talent or motivation? You've written the Croats off already, perhaps they may not win, but their chances are certainly greater than what you seem to think.
                      France had Australia, Peru and Denmark in the group games, hardly the cream of world football. They beat a Uruguay who was without Cavani and had to come back from being down to beat Argentina. Croatia pumped Argentina 3-0 in the group games. You make too many assumptions.
                      Another reason Croatia are at a big disadvantage is the fact that they have played 3 overtime games in a row, its a miracle that they aren't all injured by now.
                      The English media said the same thing before today's game. It's not coming home. Time for Croatia to prove their detractors wrong again, to get revenge for 1998 and to wipe the smirk off the face of that weasel in France who married a lady as old as his mother.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Gocka
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post

By your reasoning regarding France vs Croatia, Germany and Spain should have easily won their games. But they didn't because they weren't interested, or so you say (surely it had nothing to do with a desire to win by Korea and Russia). What is the determining factor then, gulf in talent or motivation? You've written the Croats off already, perhaps they may not win, but their chances are certainly greater than what you seem to think.
                        They should have won their games easily and 9 out of 10 times they would have. Of course determination and will to win can go a long way, as can a bit of luck. The determining factor is always a combination of all factors. I'm writing the Croats off because They have it all against them against a superior team with a superior strategy who has hardly broken a sweat thus far. Croatia have basically willed their way across the finish line over and over, that can't go on forever. If you had to bet your house on one or the other, which one would you choose?

I was talking about the knockout legs, but you knew that. If your going to take a pop, you can do better than a cheap one. Everything everyone has said thus far is an assumption, none of us are psychics. What you are saying is a assumption, and I think you are making a poor one, there you go. A cheap pointless dig over a football thread, really?

France had Australia, Peru and Denmark in the group games, hardly the cream of world football. They beat a Uruguay who was without Cavani and had to come back from being down to beat Argentina. Croatia pumped Argentina 3-0 in the group games. You make too many assumptions.
                        The difference is that England are garbage at football, to a comical degree. They play the game with the same sophistication as a child finger painting. The Semi final was flattering for them.

You kangaroo lovers really hate the French huh? It's okay you don't have to worry, your overlords are half way across the world, you can relax.

The English media said the same thing before today's game. It's not coming home. Time for Croatia to prove their detractors wrong again, to get revenge for 1998 and to wipe the smirk off the face of that weasel in France who married a lady as old as his mother.
                        Anyway, I'd love for Croatia to take it, but I wouldn't put a penny on that bet.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                          Notice the stupid Greek who refers to the Croatian girl as 'slavic'. She has an ethnic identity you idiot. It's like referring to Liz Hurley as a Germanic beauty, lol.
                          And they're all hot unless they are bulgaroslavs or whatever!
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Pelagonija
                            • Mar 2017

Come on Croatia!

Comment

• maco2envy
                              • Jan 2015

Albanians leeching of Croatia's success:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Next thing that happens... lol

Comment

• Karposh
                                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by maco2envy View Post
                                Albanians leeching of Croatia's success:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Next thing that happens... lol
                                The dumb Shiptar's face after his flag was taken off him...Priceless!!!
                                This makes me like the Croatians even more now. Respect.

Hrvatska all the way for this World Cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X