X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makedonetz
    • Apr 2010

Macedonian Gypsies (Romani)

Whats the popluation rate in ROM....Its good to see we Allow multiculturism withought any borders...too bad other countries are stuck in totalarism

Makes you want to dance

Makedoncite se borat
    za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
    - Goce Delchev
  • Daniel the Great
    • Nov 2009

Yes we Macedonians can be fair people.
    Shutka i think is a village in Skopje region, in which the population is almost entirely Roma.
    The Roma population in Macedonia is 53,879.

Comment

• Jankovska
      • Sep 2008

I personally don't think we can know the number as many Roma families live without being registered. No hospital, no birth registers and no school registers. This is a very big issue. Our gov and the Macedonian people should do more to help Roma people fit in the community. A lot of racisam and steretyping can go around the Macedonian people when it comes to the Romi. Sooner or later we would like them to be our friends.

Comment

• 777Bitola
        • Sep 2009

They sit on popular city streets and beg for money day on and off. I personally believe instead of popping our children and raising the children to be street beggars. They do something productive with their lives and get their lazy ass off the street and find a job which isn't as hard as people make it to be in Macedonia. If you really want a job, you can find one.

Comment

• Jankovska
          • Sep 2008

It doesn't work like that. These people are Macedonians, they have right to that country. The problem is that they are a minority and are and have been treated very very badly by the Macedonians and Albanians for years and years. Discrimination and racisam towards the Romi is something we have all witnessed it. You need to educate them to help them move away from their traditional ways. To educate them you need to provide free education enviroment for everyone, not just say it's there but do it. I have seen it day and day out at school Romi being treated like shit by the teachers, professors, students everyone. I have few Romi friends, all of them finished a university, language etc but they had thick skin, believe me. None of them lives in the Republic now because they couldn't get a job, not because they didn;t have the skills, but because they are Romi. Romi children don't want to go to school coz they are bullied not by kids only but by the teachers and it's hard to be a child and not see light at the end of the tunnel. We have a responsability to teach our chidlren to like Romi children, to play with them, not the opposite. We are seperate communities that don't mix.

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Jankovska, Are you talking about the same people? Its like you've never been to Macedonia before, they are beggers and muzicari the majority of them. They pay parents to give them their children to beg on the streets we've lived with them for over 1000 years and you are trying to introduce them to us now? I've seen them first hand how they beg around the streets and rip people off, if they even smell a foreigner they grab them by their arms and dont let go till they pay up. I've seen them walk into out door restaurants begging for money and if people dont pay up they spit on their plate these are kids too, no wonder the Slovenians segregate their children and dont allow them to be in the same schools, this is even in other countries like Hungary,Slovakia,Czech Republic etc

Shutka is a suburb in Skopje which is part of the Municipality of Shuto Orizari of which Elvis Bajram is the Mayor who is the son of Amdi Bajram. Elvis Bajram has never completed high school.

I got nothing against those people, but you cant help those who wont help themselves.
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Jankovska
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
              Jankovska, Are you talking about the same people? Its like you've never been to Macedonia before, they are beggers and muzicari the majority of them. They pay parents to give them their children to beg on the streets we've lived with them for over 1000 years and you are trying to introduce them to us now? I've seen them first hand how they beg around the streets and rip people off, if they even smell a foreigner they grab them by their arms and dont let go till they pay up. I've seen them walk into out door restaurants begging for money and if people dont pay up they spit on their plate these are kids too, no wonder the Slovenians segregate their children and dont allow them to be in the same schools, this is even in other countries like Hungary,Slovakia,Czech Republic etc

Shutka is a suburb in Skopje which is part of the Municipality of Shuto Orizari of which Elvis Bajram is the Mayor who is the son of Amdi Bajram. Elvis Bajram has never completed high school.

I got nothing against those people, but you cant help those who wont help themselves.

Have you ever wondered why they are where they are? No, you use the wasy way out. They are shit who gives a fuck. Than you wonder why they dislike Macedonians. I am against racisam anywhere in the world.

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Jankovska, They dont want to go to school, they dont register their births, they pick pocket people, lie, steal etc This is the kids im talking about who's parents should be directly responsible for their actions, they are not even vospitani for starters and you talk about racism? i have full respect for those who are educated,smart,polite etc but those people who give their children away to commit crimes to rip people off with false goods, to beg on the streets and force people to give them money this is a crime in itself.

They are child slaves they work for somebody else, they beg in the streets and at the end their carer goes and takes their money that they get.

Having said that, they are the masters at Pleh Muzika and there is no way that i couldnt respect people like Muharem Srebrezovski,Esma Redzepova and so forth for the wonderful music they've produced and all their humanitarian efforts they've done throught history.
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                  • Apr 2010

Prolet i wouldnt label every gypsie in Macedonia as a pandhandler have you counted every Romi to witness this? Now im not saying there are a few that are lets be honest lazy bums like you mentioned in Czech i went there 3 years ago and they were everywhere in Bazzars etc trying to make a buck. But ive seen a few go to university and one was studying to become a Engineer. They are a minority with alot of sterotype who need in the work sector.
                  Makedoncite se borat
                  za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                  - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

There should indeed be a process of integration in the Macedonian society for these people.
                    In Greece they don't even have to serve in army like everyone else.
                    In China recently I witnessed similar begging activities by young Chinese children. It was harassment and the worst thing you could do was give one of the kids money. They then swarmed at you.
                    I think Macedonian kids swearing & begging would be looked down upon in a similar fashion to Romi kids doing the same thing.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• sf.
                      • Jan 2010

If anyone here knows about life in Macedonia, they would know that people there have to hustle (I can't find a better English word; Macedonian: da se snajdat) to get by. The Romi have been traditionally marginalised in Macedonian society, so their form of hustle could be seen as more extreme or desperate.
                      Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• Jankovska
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                        Jankovska, They dont want to go to school, they dont register their births, they pick pocket people, lie, steal etc This is the kids im talking about who's parents should be directly responsible for their actions, they are not even vospitani for starters and you talk about racism? i have full respect for those who are educated,smart,polite etc but those people who give their children away to commit crimes to rip people off with false goods, to beg on the streets and force people to give them money this is a crime in itself.

They are child slaves they work for somebody else, they beg in the streets and at the end their carer goes and takes their money that they get.

Having said that, they are the masters at Pleh Muzika and there is no way that i couldnt respect people like Muharem Srebrezovski,Esma Redzepova and so forth for the wonderful music they've produced and all their humanitarian efforts they've done throught history.
                        Prolet you are racist. To me they are all Macedonians, to you they are not. Most people in Macedonia are like you. But the problem is you can not sit and blame a 5 year old child for begging, you can blame the parents, but hold on lets go even further. Why are the parents where they are? Because no one wants to know about them. They don't register because no one cares about them. In hospitals and I have seen it they are treated like scum, like their child is less important than a Macedonian child. Aj ciganke begaj od tuka. If you have faced racisam and abuse every day of your life you'd be different too. So don't be to quick to point the finger, sometimes we all need to look at ourselves first. I used to be a volanter in the Red Cross and I have walked and talked to 'cigani in ciganski maalo' and I have NEVER faced any problems. You need to treat someone like human to expect them to behave like humans. A Roma in policija, haha ili maticno. No one has time for them. I helped a friend organise years ago a talk (it was in the cinema in Kriva Palanka) about sex within the Roma community, protection, STDs etc. Outside it was like a partiski meeting, luge luge o site strani. Svirkat, vikat pcujat. Ajdeee cigani, sega neka vi bapnat edna gasna bomba, uaaaa, uaaa. They started calling me plava ciganka, hahaha coz I am a Roma loving person. I am not a Roma loving person, I am a human loving person and I have always stood on the side of Romi in Macedonia and always will. The Macedonian people should understand they are the same, dark or white and we are all humans. The law should protect the Romi and should give them opportunities but not on paper only. Many laws are paper laws in Macedonia.

Comment

• VMRO
                          • Sep 2008

I know many Romani people, close friends of mine are Romani, they see themselves as Macedonians with a Romani background, you can't say they're all bad, i know many Macedonians who don't deserve to breathe, doesn't mean all Macedonians should be judged based on some peoples actions.

Many Romani were even fighting on the frontline in the 2001 war, they're loyal citizens, you don't hear problems with them in Macedonia.

The true number of Romani is not known, they number more that the 40,000-50,000 that is stated in official records, however due to them classifying themselves as either Albanians or Turks, I've met some hot Romani girls here in Melbourne who out of Romani circles call themselves Albanians, they originate from Ohrid as well... so go figure...

Interesting fact about all Romani, they only know half their language, so wherever they live (Macedonia, Serbia, Spain etc.) they incorporate the other half from the host language.

Another interesting fact is that the Muslim Romani during the ottoman empire were the only Muslims not to enjoy the privileges bestowed upon Muslims in regards to taxes and concessions, this is due to the fact that the Ottomans viewed them as low class and knew that if another country was to rule them they would change allegiances straight away.
                          Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Bratot
                            • Sep 2008

At least the Roma population in Macedonia speaks the Macedonian language and doesn't show trend for dissolution of the state even though their living conditions are far more worse than those of Albanian ethnic population.

It's pitty about their lack of interest in better education and proper life but I guess it's part of their culture since their situation reflects same light all over Europe.

There should be more motivation for them to adjust in the system of productivity but they shouldn't be allowed to maintain their laziness on our backs.
                            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Makedonetz
                              • Apr 2010

They are like the African Americans who are supressed. At times it gets to the point they have to do anything to feed their family's. My father used to tell me Gypsies would come into their village from Nivitsej(sp) to Prespa to ask for some milk or eggs and some people would open their doors and let them come in to fill their baskets. Some Hoodlums would steal cattle or sheep during the nights. Every race has their good eggs and bad eggs. But it's nice they embrace their macedonian heritage aswell in their songs and music.
                              Makedoncite se borat
                              za svoite pravdini!

- Goce Delchev

Comment

Working...
                              X