• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    "Run Greeks, Run."
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Preston Makedonia still a very well supported club, outnumbering the home fans at any away game. Picture from last night away to Essendon Triestina.

I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Batka
        • May 2019

Brother and sisters in Melbourne. I urge you all to come out to BT Connor reserve this sunday 3PM.

Preston Makedonia plays one of its biggest games in recent years. We need a packed house wearing red and yellow. Tell your friends and friends of friends. The club is on the up needs all the support it can get.

Napred Preston

Comment

• Apr 2014

To expand on what Batka is saying: Preston Makedonia currently sit in 1st place 4 points clear of 2nd placed North Sunshine Shqiponja (yes an Albanian club). This weekend Preston host North Sunshine in what is easily the biggest game of the year.

So yes, the Macedonian community of Melbourne needs to get down to show their support because it's more than just Preston's season on the line: Shqiponja are a feral club who treat Preston in particular like shit despite all the attempts Preston have made to be mature adults in their dealings. We need to stick it to them and show them that the Macedonians here are united and won't stand for their bully tactics back home.

Samo napred Preston.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Comment

• Apr 2014

Believe there are some Stirling Makedonia fans flying over from Perth for the game. That's community ties

Comment

• Apr 2014

VICTORIA LEAGUE STANDINGS 2019

- Altona Vardar finish the season in 11th/14, just avoiding relegation from the state's top tier.

- Geelong Macedonia finish 7th/10, relegating them from the second tier.

- Preston Makedonia finish 1st and secure the championship, promoting them to the new third tier for 2020.

- Sydenham Park Macedonia were in close second to Preston but a disastrous end to the season sees them finish 3rd and give up promotion to North Sunshine Shqiponja.

- Lalor Sloga finish in 1st and secure the championship, promoting them to the 5th tier for 2020.

- Lerin FC finish in 3rd, just behind Heidelberg Eagles [Albanian] and miss out on promotion.

- Vesela Makedonia finish in 10th/12, just avoiding relegation.

- Keilor Pelagonija lose their 1st-place lead near the end of the season and finish 4th/12, leaving them in the state's lowest tier for another year.
                Last edited by Liberator of Makedonija; 09-09-2019, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Traditional music and oro at Preston Makedonia on Saturday. Optus Sport was at the game filming Preston fans for the Macedonian section of their documentary on next year's Euros.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                    • Jul 2012

Optus Sport piece on the Macedonian community and Preston Lions here in Australia, in case some haven't seen it.

A National Soccer League giant, and cultural epicentre for Macedonians in Australia. In the first of our 14-part Football Belongs series, we explore Preston ...
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                      Optus Sport piece on the Macedonian community and Preston Lions here in Australia, in case some haven't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NENUbXACuw
                      It's still the best installment they've done, absolutely fantastic. It puts all over community's and clubs to absolute shame, listen to that "MA-KE-DONIJA"

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                        It's still the best installment they've done, absolutely fantastic. It puts all over community's and clubs to absolute shame, listen to that "MA-KE-DONIJA"
                        I agree I think so far that it was the most interesting episode in the series. Macedonians really are passionate when it comes to their football clubs, great support!
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Apr 2014

I agree I think so far that it was the most interesting episode in the series. Macedonians really are passionate when it comes to their football clubs, great support!
                          We are, though support for the clubs in Australia has noticeably declined

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                            • Jul 2012

We are, though support for the clubs in Australia has noticeably declined
                            I know, it really is quite sad! Even though the Macedonian clubs still have decent support compared to majority of clubs I have noticed the last 15 years people don't attend football as much as they used to when it comes to the semi professional leagues. Going back even to the 2000's crowds were still solid!

I know that the only time my brothers will come with me to a Bankstown City Lions game is when I force them to come with me, otherwise they're at home playing games, watching Netflix or doing anything else related to using technology. They also seem to not care about leaving the house much in general, going to the park or anything of that nature which was really popular when I was younger.

I feel as though technology for all it's benefits has also made us more recluse and forget about all the other things we could be doing with our time. Even though it's not the only factor I think its a big reason as to why you see less people at football games, in particular the younger generation.

I think its sad but it seems to be the way things are these days, technology has given us so many other means of entertainment.

Comment

• Apr 2014

I know, it really is quite sad! Even though the Macedonian clubs still have decent support compared to majority of clubs I have noticed the last 15 years people don't attend football as much as they used to when it comes to the semi professional leagues. Going back even to the 2000's crowds were still solid!

I know that the only time my brothers will come with me to a Bankstown City Lions game is when I force them to come with me, otherwise they're at home playing games, watching Netflix or doing anything else related to using technology. They also seem to not care about leaving the house much in general, going to the park or anything of that nature which was really popular when I was younger.

I feel as though technology for all it's benefits has also made us more recluse and forget about all the other things we could be doing with our time. Even though it's not the only factor I think its a big reason as to why you see less people at football games, in particular the younger generation.

I think its sad but it seems to be the way things are these days, technology has given us so many other means of entertainment.

No doubt technology does play a role to an extent, but in the case of Bankstown City (old Sydney Macedonia), I would say it's more because the club really went downhill for a while there and is only just starting to find its feet again. The emergence of the A-League also just really seem to hit the traditional clubs in Sydney harder than other cities

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                                • Jul 2012

No doubt technology does play a role to an extent, but in the case of Bankstown City (old Sydney Macedonia), I would say it's more because the club really went downhill for a while there and is only just starting to find its feet again. The emergence of the A-League also just really seem to hit the traditional clubs in Sydney harder than other cities
                                That's definitely true, when things are going great, club is in the top division, winning, making finals people want to be there.

This was the case with Sydney Makedonia who had two decades of success with great support and still among the most successful clubs of NSW, then when the wheels fell off people stopped going. I guess it's just how people are, you see it with most clubs, majority of people want to be there through the good times but don't want to support and stick it out through the challenging times.

End of the day, the loyal ones will be there through it all and it will be even more sweet for them when the club gets back to where it should be. Clubs like Preston and Bankstown both belong in the top division and I hope they both achieve it soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X