• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Danill Moschopolis multi-lingual lexicon 18th century

page 121

Daniil was a Vlach btw. Shock shock I know lol.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Daniil of Moschopolis' lexicon is an important source for late 18th / early 19th century Macedonian dialects around western Macedonia.

It should be pointed out that the Macedonian and Greek languages are termed 'Bulgarian' and 'Roman' respectively by Daniil of Moschopolis, since these were the common and generic labels applied to the Greek and Slavic languages in the Balkans.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

I think I have parts of that lexicon, I will go thru my files on my hard drive, I will find it....
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Both sources confirm the logical fact that the language in this dictionary was Macedonian.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
            I think I have parts of that lexicon, I will go thru my files on my hard drive, I will find it....
            Brother, did you end up locating this? I think parts of it may have been posted elsewhere, but not 100% certain.

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              Brother, did you end up locating this? I think parts of it may have been posted elsewhere, but not 100% certain.
              I have located it, will post it soon.

Comment

• Po-drum
                • Mar 2009

From older post for Macedonian lexicon - 16 century:

One another example of how macedonian dialect (ohridski) sounds some 250 years ago is The tetraglosson - part of the book "Teachings for begginers" by the moscopolean priest Daniil. Written in the second half of 18 century it contains full sentences in greek, albanian, walachian and "bulgarian". Determination of the Ohrid dialect like "bulgarian' is understandable because this and the other books containing the Tetraglosson aimed to build up the myth of Greece. We should have on mind that the purpose of this book was to spread Greek among the Balkan peoples. And here is what Daniil the Moscopolean says: “Enjoy yourselves you Bulgarian, Albanian, and Arman youth…/ Wake up from your deep sleep of ignorance/ Learn the Greek language, the mother of wisdom.” The phonetics of the text, as in the above mentioned Kostur dictionary, are complicated by the fact that it uses a Greek alphabet inadequately adapted to the precise representation of Macedonian pronunciation.

You could find it with included english translation in this book "Researches in Greece" by William Martin-Leake, in the part PENTAGLOSS EXERCISES on pages 383-402.
                Last edited by Po-drum; 05-17-2010, 04:18 PM.
                Macedonia - my shoulders from ruins and skies

Comment

• Daskalot
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Po-drum View Post
                  One another example of how macedonian dialect (ohridski) sounds some 250 years ago is The tetraglosson - part of the book "Teachings for begginers" by the moscopolean priest Daniil. Written in the second half of 18 century it contains full sentences in greek, albanian, walachian and "bulgarian". Determination of the Ohrid dialect like "bulgarian' is understandable because this and the other books containing the Tetraglosson aimed to build up the myth of Greece. We should have on mind that the purpose of this book was to spread Greek among the Balkan peoples. And here is what Daniil the Moscopolean says: “Enjoy yourselves you Bulgarian, Albanian, and Arman youth…/ Wake up from your deep sleep of ignorance/ Learn the Greek language, the mother of wisdom.” The phonetics of the text, as in the above mentioned Kostur dictionary, are complicated by the fact that it uses a Greek alphabet inadequately adapted to the precise representation of Macedonian pronunciation.

You could find it with included english translation in this book "Researches in Greece" by William Martin-Leake, in the part PENTAGLOSS EXERCISES on pages 383-402.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Daskale, just a friendly reminder on the above, if you could put up the pages here it would be great

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Daskale, just a friendly reminder on the above, if you could put up the pages here it would be great
                      Oh, sorry I have totally forgotten about this thread, thank you for reminding me. It will be posted very soon.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

That would be excellent, thanks mate.

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Here are the pages 383-402 from the Researches in Greece.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

great stuff Daskale.
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Excellent, thank you very much Daskale!

This is just another piece of evidence which further corroborates the fact that the current form of Macedonian is indeed very old, and diverges little when we compare texts from the 16th, 18th, 19th and 20th centuries. It's amazing to think that the Macedonian language was so conservative and preserved, basically during the whole period of Ottoman subjugation.

Comment

Working...
                              X