X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Niko777
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Stevce View Post
    Be interesting to see what happens. Will the people in the South like Bitola and Prilep allow this to happen with the monuments and churches?
    The people of Bitola already allowed their monuments to be desecrated. The Gruevski regime modified the Macedonian sun on the fountain in the central square a few years ago.

Comment

• Niko777
      • Oct 2010

From today:

Comment

• vicsinad
        • May 2011

They also added a sign on the Alexander the Great statute that says "In Honor of Alexander the Great, a historic figure belonging to the ancient Hellenic history and civilization..."

Comment

• Niko777
          • Oct 2010

The Prespa and Ohrid agreements in one picture

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Yet Zaev continues to live. Shame on the inhabitants of that former nation.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              Yeah, but notice how they messed with Greece by sticking the sign on crooked? Oh wait, that was just incompetence.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Niko777
                • Oct 2010

"The City of Skopje with increased inspections and security will protect the new signs on the monuments"

Source: https://www.24.mk/details/grad-skopj...na-spomenicite

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Some Macedonians Praise Destroyers of New ‘Hellenic’ Plaques

On social networks, many Macedonians have praised the unknown figures who have removed or destroyed new plaques explaining the ‘Hellenic character’ of various statues in Skopje.

On social networks, many Macedonians have praised the unknown figures who have removed or destroyed new plaques explaining the ‘Hellenic character’ of various statues in Skopje.

Unknown perpetrators in North Macedonia have removed or smashed plaques added to several statues and monuments in Skopje – which explained that they depict historical figures “belonging to the ancient Hellenic history and civilisation and to world cultural and historic heritage”.

The action occurred just one day after the authorities put them up.

The plaque put on the statue of Alexander the Great has been destroyed altogether, media reported on Friday. So was the plaque put on the monument of Alexander’s father, Philip of Macedon.

The erection of the explanatory plaques, written in Macedonian, Albanian and English, formed part of the landmark “name” agreement signed with Greece in June 2018.

This aimed to finally resolve the decades-long dispute with Greece over the name of the country that saw it change its name from Republic of Macedonia to Republic of North Macedonia.

In exchange, Greece promised to stop blocking its neighbour’s accession to NATO and the start of its EU membership talks.

Under the agreement, North Macedonia also promised to place informative plaques on disputed monuments depicting figures from classical antiquity, which Greece considers an exclusive part of its own heritage.

The monuments were built from 2010 onwards by the previous government led by Nikola Gruevski as part of a grand revamp of the capital, dubbed Skopje 2014. While some locals like them, they further soured relations with Greece, which saw them as a provocation.

Under the “name” deal, North Macedonia also promised to remove the Vergina Sun symbol from public spaces. Also known as the Macedonian Star, it is a stylized sun with 16 triangular rays. It has been another point of dispute between the two countries.

But when local authorities in Skopje and other towns on Thursday started removing the emblems, some locals were not happy.

Media reported that one citizen in the town of Bitola had spray-painted the controversial emblem back on to manholes.

On social networks, meanwhile, many people praised those who had removed the “Hellenic” plaques, or who had repainted the sun symbol back where it once had been.

“Bravo! That’s the way to go,” Dobrila Doreska wrote on Facebook, praising the unknown man who had spray-painted the Vergina Sun back in Bitola.

“Is there anything of Macedonian landmarks that is left to destroy?” Trajce Ognjanov asked dramatically on Facebook.

Some comments were more aggressive, especially towards Prime Minister Zoran Zaev, one of the key architects of the agreement with Greece.

Under a news article that accused Zaev of trying to “change history,” Facebook user Anita Stojanovska wrote: “They should catch you and tattoo the flag [presumably the one with the Vergina Sun] all over your body, you freak. That would be your biggest punishment”.

North Macedonia removed the sun symbol from its national flag in 1995, to ease relations with its neighbour. But it is still widely used by nationalists in north Macedonia. However, they remain free to continue using it, as the deal does not include a ban on its private use.
                  Hope remains in the smallest of gestures.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Karposh
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    If only it was just Zaev that needs to be made an example of. Truth is there are hundreds, if not thousands of traitors - traitors that even Judas himself would cringe with shame at, that need to be lined up in Ploshtad Makedonija, in full view of the EU and the UN and summarily shot dead.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

I would imagine if one traitor was dealt with appropriately, others will learn fast. Just like old Yugos became "Macedonians" in FROM. Others will become Macedonians in FROM again.

I made up FROM btw. I think it's appropriate.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Northies are offended by our symbols and the name....

Not so the Serbs....
                        (A major street in Belgrade city center photo taken today)

treasure planet jim and silver
                        Last edited by Bill77; 08-19-2019, 07:10 AM.
                        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                          Northies are offended by our symbols and the name....

Not so the Serbs....
                          (A major street in Belgrade city center photo taken today)

treasure planet jim and silver
                          Why is there a street in Belgrade with that name?
                          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Niko777
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                            Why is there a street in Belgrade with that name?
                            There's Macedonian names on streets in both Belgrade and Sofia. There are also Serbian names on streets in Skopje.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                              There's Macedonian names on streets in both Belgrade and Sofia. There are also Serbian names on streets in Skopje.
                              Serbian-named street in Skopje, just great.
                              I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Just a bit of comrade love in the Yugo days.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X