X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Solun View Post
    Haha you are all sitting back in the diaspora revolted as to what is going on.

And yet the Local Mayor explains that it is not appropriate for the Kutlesh Sun to be trampled upon which is the only reason for its removal.

Shame on you 'ne kulturni' members of the diaspora
    The mayor is a genius. I love it. What did he say when the Greeks changed the country's name? I don't know, how about, "LoL, the Greeks don't know we all wear the sonce on our underpants. We win again."

What a pathetic nation that is now only a notion.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Gocka
      • Dec 2012

This virus really sucks. It wont go away! The US is set for a 100,000 deaths before they even open up the economy again. I live int he most populous portion of the country and its been a ghost town for 2 months and still the amount of deaths and infections is staggering. I can't imagine the amount of deaths that would have been sustained had no stay at home orders been issued. I also can't imagine how many deaths are going to be sustained in a couple weeks when things open up again. I don't even want to start thinking about the next winter.

Goes to show that "modern" society isn't so freaking modern after all. The fact that no one in the world was prepared for this and still do not know how to handle it is frankly pathetic. Its not we don't know that viruses exist. Even though China dragged their feet, the world still had warnings back to January, and no one decided to act until it was too late. Had countries stopped travel back in January, quarantined the few cases that would pop up, they could have kept their economies running at near 100% the whole time. But the greed and drill baby drill mentality made sure that everyone ignored it until they couldn't.

Comment

• Gocka
        • Dec 2012

Looks like the USA is headed in the wrong direction again in terms of new infections and deaths. As I predicted the desire to gets things back to normal economically would take precedent and make things worse.

New York and New Jersey (where I live) had the strictest and longest lock down measures and are actually seeing vast improvements from the peak. Most of the other states are seeing signs that numbers might be increasing again instead of falling.

I was supposed to go to Macedonia in late July until late August, who knows what will happen now. Macedonia is also showing signs that things might be at a tipping point and could start to spread if care is not taken. The virus has shown that once it spreads to enough people in a population, it then explodes and spreads exponentially.

Who still thinks its just like the flu.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
          Looks like the USA is headed in the wrong direction again in terms of new infections and deaths. As I predicted the desire to gets things back to normal economically would take precedent and make things worse.

New York and New Jersey (where I live) had the strictest and longest lock down measures and are actually seeing vast improvements from the peak. Most of the other states are seeing signs that numbers might be increasing again instead of falling.

I was supposed to go to Macedonia in late July until late August, who knows what will happen now. Macedonia is also showing signs that things might be at a tipping point and could start to spread if care is not taken. The virus has shown that once it spreads to enough people in a population, it then explodes and spreads exponentially.

I still reckon it's like the flu...

Nothing has changed since day one - those at greatest risk are people with existing comorbidities that are often seen and associated with old age.

The statistics are completely and woefully inaccurate - the number of total infections, the all important denominator number has probably been underestimated by as much as a factor of 20, some experts believe it (total number of infections) could be X40 higher.

The total number of deaths is also debatable with many experts believing that the real number is actually significantly lower as deaths have been attributed to covid-19 on the basis that the patient had tested positive to covid-19 whilst disregarding the patients other health issues at time of death.

A much higher infection rate Vs a lower total of covid-19 specific deaths = a significantly lower death rate.

In Australia in 2017, something like 1200 individuals died from flu - current covid-19 deaths sit at around 102.

Covid-19 is the biggest crock of shit in human history - politicians all over the world have decimated the global economic system by blindly following a one size fits all approach with draconian lockdown measures, whether it was New York city or a one horse village in some far flung corner of the world.

Covid-19 is the pandemic of stupidity.

Comment

• Carlin
            • Dec 2011

Outrage after reports that Albania will open its border for Macedonian citizens, but only to those who are ethnic Albanians

URL:

A report from Albania, that the country will open its border to all ethnic Albanians from the region, caused outrage in Macedonia. According to the report, Prime Minister Edi Rama announced that the country will open the borders for Albanians from Kosovo and Macedonia, in an attempt to save its tourism season. As announced by Albanian media outlets, the measure would exclude Macedonian citizens who are not ethnic Albanians.

The Government of the Republic of Macedonia needs to issue a strong response to this 19th century madness, said VMRO-DPMNE member of Parliament Ilija Dimovski. “This is discrimination on ethnic grounds toward the citizens of the Republic of Macedonia. We have an obligation to make sure that other countries treat all Macedonian citizens equally”, Dimovski said.

Albania was known to introduce such ethnically selective measures in the past. For a long time, an entrance fee was charged at its border but applied only to non-Albanians.

Comment

• Carlin
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Gocka View Post

- 100,000+ dead Americans due to covid-19
              - 40 million unemployed
              - Literal rioting in the streets

The police station is officially lit. Minneapolis Police Third precinct fully on fire.
              Last edited by Carlin; 05-28-2020, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                Outrage after reports that Albania will open its border for Macedonian citizens, but only to those who are ethnic Albanians

URL:

A report from Albania, that the country will open its border to all ethnic Albanians from the region, caused outrage in Macedonia. According to the report, Prime Minister Edi Rama announced that the country will open the borders for Albanians from Kosovo and Macedonia, in an attempt to save its tourism season. As announced by Albanian media outlets, the measure would exclude Macedonian citizens who are not ethnic Albanians.

The Government of the Republic of Macedonia needs to issue a strong response to this 19th century madness, said VMRO-DPMNE member of Parliament Ilija Dimovski. “This is discrimination on ethnic grounds toward the citizens of the Republic of Macedonia. We have an obligation to make sure that other countries treat all Macedonian citizens equally”, Dimovski said.

Albania was known to introduce such ethnically selective measures in the past. For a long time, an entrance fee was charged at its border but applied only to non-Albanians.
                Macedonia simply needs to return the favour and say only ethnic Macedonians will be allowed to enter from Albania. I think it positively perfect.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Gocka
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
                  - 100,000+ dead Americans due to covid-19
                  - 40 million unemployed
                  - Literal rioting in the streets

The police station is officially lit. Minneapolis Police Third precinct fully on fire.
                  Many people want the government out of our lives util times likes this when it is obvious that you need a coordinated and well thought out response. A lot of people take for granted the importance of a professional and well functioning public administration. Its fun and games, laugh at the latest tweet, until your in the middle of a pandemic and your realize you need competent people at the wheel.

I don't think this is the end of it. There are so many shoe's still to drop. The long term impact on the economic is unclear. The long term impact of the stimulus spending on budgets. The long term impact on state budgets. The trajectory of the virus, the second wave in the fall.

These are all serious problems that will require serious competence to solve, and a good amount of bipartisanship.

Let see how great America really is, or is it going to be taken down by one orange buffoon and a virus.

Comment

• Gocka
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    Macedonia simply needs to return the favour and say only ethnic Macedonians will be allowed to enter from Albania. I think it positively perfect.
                    Pinch yourself.... you're dreaming.

Comment

• Niko777
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      Not to worry, Macedonians will just sign a document at the border confirming that they have Albanian ancestry

Comment

• Niko777
                        • Oct 2010

In times of international crisis, North Macedonia has proven to be the most pathetic country in the region. Whereas Greece has basically eliminated the Covid-19 outbreak within its borders, and whereas Bulgaria and Serbia have been experiencing downward trends, in North Macedonia new cases have been rising since May and the country is currently going through another outbreak:

Greece:

Bulgaria:

Serbia:
                        Last edited by Niko777; 06-01-2020, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Gocka
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                          In times of international crisis, North Macedonia has proven to be the most pathetic country in the region. Whereas Greece has basically eliminated the Covid-19 outbreak within its borders, and whereas Bulgaria and Serbia have been experiencing downward trends, in North Macedonia new cases have been rising since May and the country is currently going through another outbreak:

Greece:

Bulgaria:

Serbia:
                          I noticed the same that the cases in Macedonia had been gradually increasing and now it seems they are exploding. If they don't slow it down fast it could get very bad.

Comment

• Carlin
                            • Dec 2011

Inspectors see live music, dancing on tables, hugging in bars and restaurants

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                              It is ridiculous to talk about competence and transparency of any sort when it comes to the Balkans.

The greeks are probably bullshitting about their numbers to try and protect their tourist industry which is their only source for GDP.

The numbers for both infections and deaths can be easily manipulated and downplayed.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2014

Yes, in Greece the number of cases means nothing (we don't have enough test kits). You should use number of deaths as reference.

Comment

Working...
                                X