X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petros
    • Dec 2010

The Mysteries of Stobi

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Petros, we don't accept one-link threads here, so please summarise the point of this post, as this will allow people to understand your purpose and assist in generating discussion with regard to the topic.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

It sounds interesting but if he can present it better.Stobi isn't that somewhere old ruins in bitola????
      Last edited by George S.; 01-08-2011, 06:41 AM. Reason: edit
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
        It sounds interesting but if he can present it better.Stobi isn't that somewhere old ruins in bitola????
        You are thinking of Heraclea, which is the Ancient site in Bitola.
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

got it bill Gradsko (Macedonian: Градско, it is a village (despite the word град meaning located in central Republic of Macedonia. It is located very close to the main motorway which links Gevgelija on Macedonia's border with Greece,The village of Gradsko is the seat of the Gradsko municipality. It was the ancient Paeonian capital of Stobi
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Serdarot
            • Feb 2010

the real "mystery" is in the Al-Gi-Bra (algebra, or the mathematics, the numbers...)

how come we have so many "Amphi-Theaters"? (and some of them were realy big)

Very close to Stobi, there are several Ancient Cities, and all of them had big Amphitheaters (Bylazora, Stibera, etc)

most of them (the Amphitheaters) are classified being from the "early to middle Roman Period"

i tought that the Ancient Macedonians were exterminated, enslaved, deported, deleted from the face of earth?

preparing the "non-populated desert for the mystical Slavs", who were about to come...?

So for whom were those numerious and large Arenas?

For the few thousand Roman Soldiers? I guess all Roman soldiers in Macedonia would fit in one of the Amphitheaters...

George:

Gradsko is called Gradsko couse its citizens knew there was a Big City (or Cities) on that place in the Antique.

Before "Stobi" was discovered.
            Bratot:
            Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Petros
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              Petros, we don't accept one-link threads here, so please summarise the point of this post, as this will allow people to understand your purpose and assist in generating discussion with regard to the topic.
              I am sorry SoM, i had no idea; maybe I didn’t read the rules and regulations properly, is there a link that lists all of them to read it so I avoid such mistakes in future?
              Well, I made this thread to contribute this article from this Macedonian magazine about Stoby. I think because it is in English language will make it more accessible.

I assume that I can continue adding scanned pages in the other thread of the "Memories not Lost" book, so I will add a few more after this reply. If there is any problem there also please let me know.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Petros, at the top of every forum page you will see an announcement section, which is where you will find the rules and regulations of the forum.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Petros
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  Petros, at the top of every forum page you will see an announcement section, which is where you will find the rules and regulations of the forum.

Zdravo SoM, kako si? Znam za toa fala. Btw I like your reply in the other thread and I will reply soon in detail. I want to read some more of your posts also. Just had a quick browse in that thread you created about Spartans (300) and your approach is interesting and respected.
                  Poz

Comment

• Petros
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                    It sounds interesting but if he can present it better.

Got it, thanks for the feedback

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

No problem Petros.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                        • Jan 2009

Stobi in Macedonia

Stobi 3-D version of what it look like

The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

that's great LWR>
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                            • Jan 2009

The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

nice video of stobi lwr.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                              X