• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

Australian position on Macedonia

Melbourne / 23/06/09 / 13:09
    The Australian Hellenic Diaspora will urge Australia, which recognizes Macedonia by interim reference FYROM, not to change its position on the name.
    Members of the Australian Hellenic Diaspora will have their first official meeting today with the country's new foreign minister and inner cabinet members, the main opposition party president, leading political party officials and possibly with the premier himself.
    "They will request that Australia's position on FYROM name issue remains unchanged."

The members of the Australian Hellenic Council also protested against the recent "demonstration by the members of the FYROM community in Melbourne during which the Greeks were presented as fascists and the Greek cross on the Greek flag was replaced by a swastika.
    0%
    0%
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

The Greeks in Melbourne are group of Grkomani and Pontic women. I hope they do raise the issue again with the Australian government, so we can hit back with a response, and bring the matter to light again.

Greek behaviour towards Macedonians IS fascist, it is racist and is just as pathetic as the meaning of the swastika.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

I have seen the swastika in Macedonia. It predates that funny guy with the weird moustache by 2000 odd years.

The hypocrisy in Australia is very much alive and well.

Here is a lovely starting point to help us all get along:

A milestone document in the history of human rights, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights set out, for the first time, fundamental human rights to be universally protected. It has been translated into over 500 languages.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

I even have a picture of the swastika found in a very old basilica. I will post it later.
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Gents, I was referring to what it had come to mean during the Nazi era hence relating it to the behaviour of some modern Greeks who have developed into zealot parasites. I know that the symbol predates Nazism.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

This pisses me off no end.

An ethnic lobby group in the Australian cabinet.

Comment

• drle
              • Sep 2008

Deca,

Unfortunately these majmuni Labor politicians will kiss their arses and respond to every demand these Gjupci ask for....they have the largest ethnic voting power in Australia...

Taka e tuka vo Avstralija and its sad....

Comment

• Rogi
                • Sep 2008

Nishto od ova. Odat vo vladata da so zborovite 'prodolzete vaka', nisto ne baraat od nim, nisto ne im nudat. Tie si ja gubat silata.

A da ne si mislite deka nie si sedime na racete... samo sto ne gi objavuvame nashite sredbi.

Comment

• drle
                  • Sep 2008

znam, imam rabotano co makedonskoto chovichki prava tuka vo melbourne za 6 meseci i znam kolku rabota pravat za makedonskijot glasot tuka vo avstralija....ama tebe ke te prashuvam....ako ti beshe premierot za Avstralija i ako ti trebashe glas, na koj ke mu pomozhish? Koj ima pojke sila vo avstralija?

Comment

• Rogi
                    • Sep 2008

Voopsto ne se raboti za golemninata na grckoto glasacko telo spored Makedonskoto glasacko telo vo Avstralija.

Se raboti za vmeshanost na grckoto lobi vo avstraliskitr politicki strukturi. Taka da, nivnata sila ne e vo nivnoto glasacko telo, tuku vo eden mal broj na grci koi se meshaat na visokite nivoa vo tukashnite politicki sili.

Ne se raboti sa golemnina na glasacko telo bidejki, na primer, iako brojot na grci vo Avstralija e pogolem, brojot na grci koi se interesiraat za Makedonskoto prasanje, odnosno brojot na tie koi bi go smenile nivniot glas poradi stavot na politicarite za toa prasanje, e mal i e mnogu pomal od brojot na Makedonci koi se interesiraat za istoto.

Nie premnogu gi precenuvame grcite, voopsto ne se nepobedlivi, a I ne se ni tolku dobro organizirani. Sila imaat samo so toa sto ima nekolku grci na visoki pozicii I so silni prijateli - nie sega pocnuvame so takvo angaziranje, no brzo napreduvame.
                    Last edited by Rogi; 06-24-2009, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• drle
                      • Sep 2008

I know what you are saying Rogi, but what I am trying to get at is that there is always a Greek push no matter where it may be in Australian politics, hence there is always that support towards the Greek population of Australia..

I'll give you an example....during the 2008 Financial Year, Aristotelis Florina received a funding of $9,000 from the Australian Government, and they're a f**king dancing group the gjupci. Where Armenoro Social Club who support the elderly and weekly senior citizen activities only receive a funding of $2500-$3000 from the Australian Government.

Where's the justice in that...there isn't any...why? Because there is that constant push from higher authorities and in those higher authorities there is always a Greek who has his/her finger in the pie....They are everywhere Rogi and believe me they will get their way....

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by drle View Post
                        znam, imam rabotano co makedonskoto chovichki prava tuka vo melbourne za 6 meseci i znam kolku rabota pravat za makedonskijot glasot tuka vo avstralija....ama tebe ke te prashuvam....ako ti beshe premierot za Avstralija i ako ti trebashe glas, na koj ke mu pomozhish? Koj ima pojke sila vo avstralija?

The Greeks do.

Australian recognition of the Macedonian Republic would give that democracy such a boost.

As it is, its probably the only genuine democracy in the region, in terms of the presence of various communities living there, and its treatment of those communities.

I wish the Australian government could see that.

Gareth Evans was bought, in any case, and had a personally dislike of Macedonians, I don't know why. So did Kennet for that matter.

Comment

• Rogi
                          • Sep 2008

Forget them, neither Kennett or Evans had that much power anyway.

Look at Nick Bolkus (Greek). He was Minister for Immigration and Ethnic Affairs and Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for Multicultural Affairs.

Then look at the former Foreign Minister Alexander Downer. His business partner today is Nick Bolkus. Together they now run a lobby firm.

It's the players, their positions, their influence, their networks and their connections. Not the size of the Greek community or the size of the Macedonian community.

Comment

• drle
                            • Sep 2008

Gareth Evans is a puppet for the Greek community here in Australia...during the Keating times when he was foreign minister he couldn't give a toss about the Macedonians in Australia....he was the one who referred to us as Slav Macedonians....

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

They all know who the Macedonians are.
                              Nick Bolkus knows EXTREMELY well who the Macedonians are.
                              Gareth Evans is still trying to eliminate us.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                              X