Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Ǵeorǵi Pulevski in his 'Slavo-Macedonian General History' mentions the following tribes that made up the Macedonian nation:

Brsjaci, Mijaci, Mariovci, Šopi, Pčinci, Vrbanci, Kardalinja and Svenevci.
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Carlin
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
      Ǵeorǵi Pulevski in his 'Slavo-Macedonian General History' mentions the following tribes that made up the Macedonian nation:

Brsjaci, Mijaci, Mariovci, Šopi, Pčinci, Vrbanci, Kardalinja and Svenevci.
      Slavo-Macedonian General History?

"Problematic" terminology.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
        Slavo-Macedonian General History?

"Problematic" terminology.
        What are you getting at?
        I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Slavo-Macedonian General History? "Problematic" terminology.
          Problematic if that term was used to describe Macedonians today. Not so problematic almost 150 years ago when used by a person who was in the process of studying the history of his people, who considered Alexander the Great an ancestor of his and who stated his language (which he calls Macedonian or Slavo-Macedonian interchangeably) was the closest to the Church Slavonic texts. Unlike the maggots who denigrate our history, his intention with the use of that term was to attach historical significance to his people.

Something else which is no longer problematic is the previously ambiguous stance you took on this forum with regard to this issue. I am actually delighted that you are now on a crusade to smear Macedonians of today with that historical term, absent context, like we haven't discussed its application and significance throughout history thousands of times here already. I like to know what kind of people I am dealing with. Now I know. The only surprise here is that it took you so long to come out with it so overtly. But not to worry, all will be responded to. All will be concluded. Then you can either accept it or not.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Carlin
            • Dec 2011

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Intellectually inferior people respond with memes to serious discussions. You're better than that, aren't you?
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Carlin
                • Dec 2011

The discussion can continue when you stop writing nonsense such as this (you've done this on more than one occasion):

- "Something else which is no longer problematic is the previously ambiguous stance you took on this forum with regard to this issue. I am actually delighted that you are now on a crusade to smear Macedonians of today with that historical term, absent context, like we haven't discussed its application and significance throughout history thousands of times here already. I like to know what kind of people I am dealing with. Now I know. The only surprise here is that it took you so long to come out with it so overtly. But not to worry, all will be responded to. All will be concluded. Then you can either accept it or not."

- "Intellectually inferior people..."

I may be intellectually inferior but you don't get to decide the framework / goalposts of the debate and use childish language at the same time.

Comment

• vicsinad
                  • May 2011

Carlin:

That would be a fair point, except that you precisely wrote: "Problematic" terminology. That seemed petty and was likely an instigation.

You poked the bear.

Comment

• Carlin
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                    Carlin:

That would be a fair point, except that you precisely wrote: "Problematic" terminology. That seemed petty and was likely an instigation.

You poked the bear.
                    Speaking of precisely written:

"It's a pathetic and intellectually dishonest tactic that is more reminiscent of some Bulgar idiot than somebody that is supposed to be for Macedonia and the Macedonian Cause."

Unacceptable.
                    Last edited by Carlin; 02-16-2019, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                      • Oct 2011

Carlin, do you think there is such a thing as an ethnic Macedonian?, and if so, what attributes do they posess?
                      “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• vicsinad
                        • May 2011

I get where you're coming from and I don't support insinuating people are something when they're admittedly not (idiotic, Bulgars, intellectually inferior). But SoM never called you any of that, he only mentioned that what you posted resembles that. You probably feel it was a sly jab at you; a provocation to rile you up. That's reasonable to feel that way. SoM is probably just expressing that he's heard that same kind of talk before, and it's been from people who belittle/negate the Macedonian identity. He probably isn't actually calling you that.

So, when you suggest (sarcastically, it seemed like) that "slavo-Macedonian" from 150 years ago is "problematic" terminology, it just furthers his and others suspicions and doesn't add anything to the conversation. It's perceived as a jab in itself. So now we got two people jabbing at each other, but one's stance on the place of the terms "slav" and "Slavic" in Macedonian history/identity are fairly clear, and the other's is not. Which likely means that he whose stance is not clear on this forum is probably going to be, sooner or later, increasingly scrutinized. It happened to me when I was unclear or made seemingly contradictory statements, and it's happened to others, and it will continue to happen.
                        Last edited by vicsinad; 02-16-2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Carlin
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
                          Carlin, do you think there is such a thing as an ethnic Macedonian?, and if so, what attributes do they posess?
                          Macedonians are an ethnic group native to Macedonia. They speak the Macedonian language. Most Macedonians are Orthodox Christians although there are many who are Muslims - many are probably closet atheists/agnostics, like myself.

Now, give your head a shake.
                          Last edited by Carlin; 02-16-2019, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

The discussion can continue when you stop writing nonsense such as this (you've done this on more than one occasion)
                            It's not nonsense to point out the actions of an individual. You've become quite irate since being challenged on your supposition about certain terms and your earlier post on this thread was deliberately provocative. You are either trying to smear Macedonians with those terms or behaving like a child. Either way, spare me the victim routine. You wanted a reaction. You go it. As for the intellectually inferior comment, it was meant to prompt you to start being serious rather than acting like a troll (and in case I have to clarify this for you also, acting like something and being that something isn't necessarily the same). Ditto for the idiot Bulgar comment. I called you neither, instead I indicated that your replies resembled such types. I would like to believe that those few instances aren't a reflection of you personally, so if you're done with the exhibitionism, let's get back to the topics at hand, if you have any genuine desire left to discuss them.

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
                              • Oct 2011

Macedonians are an ethnic group native to Macedonia. They speak the Macedonian language. Most Macedonians are Orthodox Christians although there are many who are Muslims - many are probably closet atheists/agnostics, like myself.

Now, give your head a shake.
                              What makes you think I should shake my head?

Do you consider yourself an ethnic Macedonian?
                              “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Carlin
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                                It's not nonsense to point out the actions of an individual. You've become quite irate since being challenged on your supposition about certain terms and your earlier post on this thread was deliberately provocative. You are either trying to smear Macedonians with those terms or behaving like a child. Either way, spare me the victim routine. You wanted a reaction. You go it. As for the intellectually inferior comment, it was meant to prompt you to start being serious rather than acting like a troll (and in case I have to clarify this for you also, acting like something and being that something isn't necessarily the same). Ditto for the idiot Bulgar comment. I called you neither, instead I indicated that your replies resembled such types. I would like to believe that those few instances aren't a reflection of you personally, so if you're done with the exhibitionism, let's get back to the topics at hand, if you have any genuine desire left to discuss them.
                                What would you like to discuss?

Comment

Working...
                                X