X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tomche Makedonche
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Many of these guys came off a diet of the best of 70's rock. They arguably represent the best distillate of rock we may ever see.

There is still hope nowadays, but not in places we expect to see it I guess. This young guy is great (not necessarily rock though) King Krule
    King Krule is the alias of 19-year-old wunderkind Archy Marshall. KCRW DJs are incredibly excited about this UK artist and his new album "6 Feet Beneath the ...

And this guy is so creative it hurts and thrills me to watch (Ludwig Göransson)
    Childish Gambino’s “Redbone,” the second single off of his 'Awaken, My Love!' album, centers on the narrative of infidelity and paranoia. The track got a pro...

Good music still around. It will always be around.
    Well I guess for an individual it all comes down to their personal opinion on what they feel good music is and whether their personal taste is confined to certain styles or era’s etc.

Some people are happy to take comfort with familiarity and don't like to venture much further than that, whilst others enjoy the thrills of discovery through deliberate exposure to new or even extreme horizons

In my younger year’s I would have fallen within the former category, but as I matured musically I definitely came to dwell in the latter as I’ve found it more rewarding.

Regardless, these days there is so much variety out there that whether you fall within the latter or the former, there is always something "new" out there to satisfy both appetites.

A good example is when I came across the side project of two members of the Swedish death metal/metalcore band Soilwork.

Together with a few other Scandinavian muso’s they formed “The Night Flight Orchestra”, and when I heard their debut album for the first time I honestly didn’t believe that it was written in 2012, it sounded like it came straight out of the 70’s.

Here’s a few gems:

Siberian Queen

California Morning

Montreal Midnight Supply

And if you like that, well here’s the whole album
    “Internal Affairs”
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Tomche Makedonche; 05-19-2017, 07:45 AM.
    “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Tomche Makedonche
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      There is still hope nowadays, but not in places we expect to see it I guess. This young guy is great (not necessarily rock though) King Krule
      King Krule is the alias of 19-year-old wunderkind Archy Marshall. KCRW DJs are incredibly excited about this UK artist and his new album "6 Feet Beneath the ...
      Tell you what, that young bloke on the drums is pretty impressive
      “There’s a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can’t take part, you can’t even passively take part, and you’ve got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus and you’ve got to make it stop, and you’ve got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you’re free, the machine will be prevented from working at all” - Mario Savio

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Tomche Makedonche View Post
        Together with a few other Scandinavian muso’s they formed “The Night Flight Orchestra”, and when I heard their debut album for the first time I honestly didn’t believe that it was written in 2012, it sounded like it came straight out of the 70’s.
        Very enjoyable music! Definitely 70's inspired.
        The Europeans (particularly Germans and Scandinavian) still enjoy some decent rock music.

It's funny how some people's musical inspiration doesn't always immediately reflect in the way they present their own music.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• DraganOfStip
          • Aug 2011

”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
          ― George Orwell

Comment

Working...
          X