• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nikola Gruevski
    Banned
    • May 2014

Republic of Macedonia's EU and NATO Strategies

Macedonia's conservative ruling party has secured a third term in office, winning both parliamentary and presidential elections

“The status quo situation causes the frustration of our society. This is not a good thing for Macedonia and the region, but also for the credibility of the region, but also for the credibility of the EU enlargement process. Macedonia demands the next European Council summit to decide a date for the start of negotiations for accession and parallel to this, to intensify the process of the solution of the name dispute”, said Ivanov.

These two Macedonian politicians will govern the Republic of Macedonia for the next four years and with the admin's permission I'd like to see, since April's 2008 Greek Veto of Macedonia's entry into NATO, what has changed since then.

I'll post some articles as well as an opinion.
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

nikola nikola who gave you the right to negotiate my name just so that you can enter the eu or nato.??Do you know the greeks are tricking you to bargain with them to change our name.I'll make it simply Your colleagues Branko ,gligorov negotiated our flag as well as our name to fyrom on the un.What was meant to be a short term name until apparently for future dialogue with our neighbour Greece.But we seem to be bullied to change our name.So many people human rights etc has told you & your govt to stop negotiating on our name.You are simply playing into the greek hands & they will get a monopoly on the name.WE know that you have already given a name to the greeks as Rom(skopje).But the greeks refused that formula.THink about it the greeks if they succeed will call us by a geographical qualifier.Do you think entering the eu or nato is worth it.On nato you are simply risking the lives of the army personnel for so little gain.Think about it why do you want to enter both organizations when the insistence is to alter your name.That would be a catastrophe for the Macedonian people Im telling you its not worth the trouble to join these organizations by them insisting on us changing our name.When Greece got in the eu or nato did they impose extra conditions on them to satisfy TO ENTER THESE ORGANISATIONS??
    Not only this but the Albanian situation has gotten out of hand you are just pandering to them for political gain.People are worried for their safety of themselves & their families.Macedonia keeps losing soveregnity & nothing is done just caving in to them.
    Nikola we the Macedonians in the diaspora have considered it that you are giving in to any Albanian demands.
    Why a greek perspective on the ascension to nato or eu.THe greeks have been vetoing macedonia all the time.Greece is doing it so that it can get the monopoly on the name.I have said its a one way name dispute.What possible dispute has macedonia got???
    Do we really need to enter nato or eu with preconditions.We meet or exceed all requirements.Macedonia is essential to the peace of the balkans.Greece is the black sheep of the balkans,it is misbehaving & bullying macedonia into sumission.We in the diaspora see you & your party as a very easy pushover any opurtunity you have you cave in to demands & capitulate.We in the diaspora are gravely concerned by what is actually taking place in macedonia.We need the name discussions to stop.Why because its not inour interests.
    Mr Premier might i suggest you read The slave mindset,thread,the macedonian cause thread.This will fill you about the macedonian situation what is missing.We need a revolution to change things to work in our interest.Macedonia for the macedonians.
    Last edited by George S.; 05-16-2014, 01:45 PM.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

Nikola Gruevski ......your first post, welcome to the MTO, unusual choice for name

particularly interested in reading this -

A Greek perspective on the political strategies of the Government of Macedonia towards its efforts on EU and NATO Integration

Would you identify yourself as a Macedonian, or are you here as an impersonator Greek.
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Nikola a lot of greeks have said on this forum how they consider you as a greek.THey say jump & you say how high.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

I'd also like to know if you're Macedonian as your username would suggest, or Greek as your signature would suggest.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Nikola Gruevski
            Banned
            • May 2014

Киро Глигоров

He was born in 1917 in Stip, an area identified geographically as Macedonia. It had been liberated in 1912 from the Turks to become "Southern Serbia". By 1917 it was part of Bulgaria, only to return to the new Kingdom of Yugoslavia as Vardar Banovina. He grew up against the backdrop of competing factions engaged in political assassinations to determine the fate of his Macedonian homeland. His own surname changed from Panchev to Grigorovic, Grigorov and finally Gligorov, reflecting the fashions of changing sovereignties.

In 1991 as President, Macedonia had almost no ministries, its restless Albanian minority yearned for independence and its few industries were closing down. Then its exports suffered as the UN sanctions against Serbia cut off its main trading partner and route to central European markets. Soon, Greece vetoed its recognition, fearing that behind its name the new state harboured irredentist designs against the Greek province of Macedonia, and carried out a punishing 19-month blockade, up to 1995.

But Gligorov realised that each dark cloud came with a generous silver lining. Greek arguments that the name was the last Cold War threat fell into disbelieving ears because for most of the world, the name Macedonia was not associated with the Soviet bloc. The US hardly knew where it was and the Foreign Office was idly trying to locate books on it. At home, the name issue not only put the lid on any potential Albanian uprising, it rallied the diaspora and gave its government officials unhoped-for access to a stream of international political figures who feared the war might embroil Nato members Greece and Turkey.

In the face of rising nationalism in Macedonia, Gligorov's answer was elegant, catchy and eminently Macedonian. He advocated equal distance from all the neighbours and turned the small size and vulnerability of his country and its peaceful secession into a powerful argument for international support and recognition. And he got it.

His position is summarised in his government's 1993 memorandum to the UN: "Greece is trying to exploit statements made by extremists in the Republic of Macedonia and abroad, that have no official support and do not reflect, in any respect, the official policy of the Republic of Macedonia."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kiro Gligorov's strategies against the threat of war from the north and the economic and international hostility from Greece to the south, as well as the management of the internal Albanian threat was admired by the international community and left Greece flatfooted in response, while Bulgaria was at the time no eminent threat to its efforts to transition out of Communism and into a western orientation.

We Greeks were fearful of this politician as in the argument between the two countries, Kiro Gligorov occupied the ground of reason as the European powers saw it.

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
              I'd also like to know if you're Macedonian as your username would suggest, or Greek as your signature would suggest.
              Sounds like he's another of the 'golden generation'...a Greek who wants to be Macedonian, like that 'poli' bloke...
              I wonder how Macedonian any of their parents felt prior to the 1980's?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                Sounds like he's another of the 'golden generation'...a Greek who wants to be Macedonian, like that 'poli' bloke...
                I wonder how Macedonian any of their parents felt prior to the 1980's?
                The only thing they knew of Macedonia was that "it didn't exist". They seem to forget easily. Kind of pathetic really.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  The only thing they knew of Macedonia was that "it didn't exist". They seem to forget easily. Kind of pathetic really.
                  Our deluded Greek friends would make a challenging case study into some dark, demented mental illness study.

I'm still astounded by their turn-around, from a total indifference to outright hostility about everything Macedonia pre 1980's to a totally manic relationship with everything Macedonian post 1980's.

I seriously doubt a single one of these fuckwits that come here was around in that period to have seen the before and after photos of themselves.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Don't I just love this bullshit.From A GREEK perspective..You are talking shit man.Your analysis of kiro gligorov is toally flawed.You paint a rosy picture of kiro its incorrect.Kiro was a traitor think what he said to the press in Athens.WE are not Macedonians but slavs.What atraitor,this is high treaon & treachery.That is why he got blown up .Also he was fully aware of huge caches of weapons found hidden underground with the army in low numbers he did nothing to arm Macedonia.He agreed along with branko etc to change the name to fyrom supposed to be short period.The flag was changed to the ventilator.The economic blockade by Greece caused immense ,big big damage to Macedonia.Hey greek do the right thing & get off this forum,your opinions are toally wrong & ill informed.
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Dejan
                      • Sep 2008

The most comical thing is the fact that these pure greeks are researching their roots on a non greek forum. This is hilarious! Carry on pure bloods...
                      You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Nikola Gruevski
                        Banned
                        • May 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        ...Your analysis of kiro gligorov is toally flawed.You paint a rosy picture of kiro its incorrect.Kiro was a traitor think what he said to the press in Athens.WE are not Macedonians but slavs.What atraitor,this is high treaon & treachery.
                        Sinisa Jakov Marusic
                        Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN)
                        ...he (Gligorov) was sent to the Yugoslav capital, Belgrade, where he held various high-level government positions.
                        Later he would recall he was sent there to cut him off from his “pronounced” Macedonian nationalist convictions.
                        Gligorov was a big patriot; a wise, decisive and calm politician,” says Aco Kabranov, a veteran editor and journalist. “I was present in his cabinet during some very tense moments but he always managed to remain composed.”
                        Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        He agreed along with branko etc to change the name to fyrom supposed to be short period.The flag was changed to the ventilator.The economic blockade by Greece caused immense ,big big damage to Macedonia.
                        Sinisa Jakov Marusic
                        Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN)
                        As part of the dispute, Greece imposed a devastating 19-month economic embargo on Macedonia. The embargo ended in 1995 when Macedonia signed a UN brokered deal with Greece and agreed to remove the sun from its flag and to revise the disputed constitutional articles.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------

Though Gligorov is considered a "traitor" on this forum with most if not all members, he was responding to external forces and the very really potential of being pulled into the Yogoslav war. A war that could have had drastic results to the countries territory as even in those early days the Albanians were pushing for autonomy if not outright separation. With no army and a porous Albanian/Macedonian border the chances of losing a disproportionate portion of territory to the Albanians would have been the most probable result.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Nikola Gruevski,

I'm an Admin here. You've been asked by another Admin whether you are Macedonian, Greek or something else (and if so what). I'd like you to respond to that question in the next post for the sake of transparency.
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

He is a Greek.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Nikola Gruevski
                              Banned
                              • May 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              He is a Greek.
                              This is correct and I have stated this in my past post. I'm strictly looking at political strategies between the two countries while offering an opinion from the Greek perspective.

I'll stay away from anything that goes against your rules, which I have reviewed.

Comment

Working...
                              X